[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many Pac-10 teams are even going to make it to a bowl

Living the Dream

* - Oregon 7-0 10-0

* - Stanford 6-1 9-1

x - USC 4-3 7-3

* - Arizona 4-3 7-3

Oregon State 3-3 4-5

California 3-4 5-5

UCLA 2-4 4-5

Washington 2-4 3-6

x - Arizona State 2-5 4-6

x - Washington State 1-7 2-9

Only 3 are eligible right now

* bowl eligible

X eliminated from Bowl

Oregon Ste is 4-5, and with games left against Stanford, Oregon and USC, anyone see them winning those 3, to get to 7-5

UCLA is 4-5 with games left against washington, Arz St and SC. Can they win those 3 and get their record to 7-5

Cal is 5-5 and have games left with Stanford and Washington. Guess they could probably beat 3-6 Washington and go 6-6 and go

So the Pac-10 likely only has 3 bowl eligible teams unless Cal can win one of its last two. And some think this conference is legit? I think not, one of the worst in the country, outside maybe 2-3 teams.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee, do you think the fact that the Pac 10 played a tough non conference slate, combined with the fact that they play 1 more conference game than the rest of the country may be a factor?

bowl-eligilbe might be the most overrated thing in the country - gimme a break on some of these wins that get these middle of the road teams bowl-eliigible?? pure comedy

ESPN Power Rankings as of today.... ( the most accurate assessment IMO)

1) Oregon

5) Stanford

20) USC

22) UA

only conference that is stronger is the SEC at 2,6,10,13,17,23 - still have issues with their cupcake scheduling tho........

gee, do you think the fact that the Pac 10 played a tough non conference slate, combined with the fact that they play 1 more conference game than the rest of the country may be a factor?

bowl-eligilbe might be the most overrated thing in the country - gimme a break on some of these wins that get these middle of the road teams bowl-eliigible?? pure comedy

1) Oregon

5) Stanford

20) USC

22) UA

only conference that is stronger is the SEC at 2,6,10,13,17,23 - still have issues with their cupcake scheduling tho........

Yep. The ACC sent 10 of its 12 teams to a bowl a couple years ago and the local media was laughing at the conference brass' attempt to make a big deal about it.

1) Oregon

5) Stanford

20) USC

22) UA

Your rant all year about non conference has turned out to be a complete joke, cause outta those 4 teams, who played anyone worth a chit except Zona, when Iowa came there.

Oregon non conference - New Mexico, portland St, and Tennesse 4-6 (1-5 in SEC)

Stanford non conference - Sacremento St, Wake Forest 2-8 (1-6 in ACC, and Notre dame 5-5,

Sc non conference - Hawaii, Virginia, Minnesota, and Notre Dame

Zona non conference - Iowa, toledo, citadel

Seriously, what are you smoking. You come up with the most wac stuff on the planet. None of these teams played a tough non conference, only 1 rated team amongst all these games combined, and that is now #20 ranked Iowa, after they lost again in conference, this time to Northwestern. And what does it say when you are a team like Oregon St, get beat by TCU and Boise, which should have you battle tested for the conference, then you get your ass kicked by a 1-9 team this past weekend at home no less.

And if they are one of the weakest conferences in the country,which is very much the case here, wouldnt it be beneficial to play another game against oh I dont know, Wash St, unless you are Oregon St. ouch....

ESPN power ratings are a joke, they change every week like every other ratings.

Edited by Living the Dream

Your rant all year about non conference has turned out to be a complete joke, cause outta those 4 teams, who played anyone worth a chit except Zona, when Iowa came there.

Ummm, Iowa just lost to Northwestern...

I just can't take this crap from you. The Pac 10 played a tough nc - much tougher than any other league, and they play 1 more conference game, which elimiates an easy win- not sure how much clearer that can be......

C USA - 5 teams BE

MAC - 5 Teams BE

ACC - 6 teams BE

-not sure what your point is, yet again.

maybe if Stanford or Oregon had actually played someone ranked in non conference, neither of those 2 would be in the top 6 as we speak. So they lucked out only having to deal with the Portland States, Sacremento States, New Mexicos and the rest of this horrid conference to pad their record to what they are today.

These 2 remind me of Michigan and Ohio St a couple years ago. Then both were pummelled in the bowl by competition they never saw all year long. Auburn defense isnt much, but Id bet its a helluva lot better than Oregons, and there aint no way Oregon is stopping Cam Newton.

Bama, or Nebraska or even Ohio st is going to lay some serious wood on Stanford in the Rose Bowl,

This conference is likely to go 0-3 in bowls this yr. Then what.

I just can't take this crap from you. The Pac 10 played a tough nc - much tougher than any other league, and they play 1 more conference game, which elimiates an easy win- not sure how much clearer that can be......

C USA - 5 teams BE

MAC - 5 Teams BE

ACC - 6 teams BE

what exactly cant you take. Those 4 teams you listed played no one ranked but Iowa in non conference. And the team you give so much credit to Oregon St for losing both its non conference games to ranked opponents just got blasted at home to 1-9 Washington St. What does that say about your theory. That Oregon St was just crap to begin with, and now you finally see what we saw all year from them. Or that the only teams that are ranked and bowl eligible played no one in non conference but Zona, and that was #20 Iowa in Zona. Where is the much tougher non conference for the teams ranked here . Could it be, oh I dont know, that is the reason they are ranked where they are, because these 4 didnt get punked outside of conference like oh I dont know Oregon St. Hell that UCLA win over Texas now looks like complete crap too, with Texas not going to a bowl and 4-6 on the year.

C USA - 5 teams BE

MAC - 5 Teams BE

ACC - 6 teams BE

Why do you even respond to this Goon? He proves year in and year out to be the biggest tool in the huddle. This guy knows nothing about college football, life, how to treat people, etc. - Let him post, don't respond and let's watch him reply to his own posts using one of his 4 aliases.

Why do you even respond to this Goon? He proves year in and year out to be the biggest tool in the huddle. This guy knows nothing about college football, life, how to treat people, etc. - Let him post, don't respond and let's watch him reply to his own posts using one of his 4 aliases.

pac-10 posse to the rescue. what makes me a tool, because I dont accept everything these left coasters say as fact over and over. Ive forgotten more about football than you will ever know. And are you seriously talking about how to treat people. you 3 are ones to talk.

For the record, yeah, pretty tool-ish.

That said, the Pac-10 is certainly down this year. Stanford and Oregon are very good, and sometimes Arizona is, but the rest of the conference is pretty crappy. USC is good at times, but the rest is pretty pathetic. I'm a Pac-10 guy, and usually the conference is underrated, but this isn't one of those seasons.

5-10 is pretty bad.

OSU--bad

UW--really, really bad

ASU--some talent, but not a good football team

Cal--Really, really bad

UCLA--very bad

WSU--improving, but one of the worst teams in DIV 1A

You won't get an argument from me.

For the record, yeah, pretty tool-ish.

That said, the Pac-10 is certainly down this year. Stanford and Oregon are very good, and sometimes Arizona is, but the rest of the conference is pretty crappy. USC is good at times, but the rest is pretty pathetic. I'm a Pac-10 guy, and usually the conference is underrated, but this isn't one of those seasons.

5-10 is pretty bad.

OSU--bad

UW--really, really bad

ASU--some talent, but not a good football team

Cal--Really, really bad

UCLA--very bad

WSU--improving, but one of the worst teams in DIV 1A

You won't get an argument from me.

the pac 10 has stumbled a bit, however, I think this is off the mark- have you seen the middle/back end of other conferences?? it is garbage and much much worse than the Pac 10 - anyhoo, how about we go with the numbers for a second......ESPN Power Rankings, which for the most part are only 1-2 spots off from the BCS, used them to include USC because last time I checked, they still play the games, and I think they are the best, most objective overall rankings

rankings by conference:

Pac 10...1) Oregon, 5) Stanford 20) USC 22) Arizona

Big 10....7)Wisky, 8) Ohio St 12) Mich St 21) Iowa -

Big 12 9) Neb, 11) Okie St, 15) OU, 16) Mizzou 18) Tex A&M - pretty mediocre this year

SEC 2) Aub, 6) LSU, 10) Bama, 13) Ark, 17)USC, 23) Miss St. - the best overall conference - again, not as clear cut but still #1

I am curious how a 10 team conference with 2 teams in the top 5 and 4 ranked overall is somehow terrible......anyone?

The Pac 10 sacks up and plays people non conference, has an extra league game and pasy the price.

personally, I would love to see Oregon play Auburn

After watching Oregon play vs Cal, I think they should be thankful there isn't a playoff in College Football. That team is going to struggle against teams from the SEC, and we already saw what Ohio State did to that offense. You get any type of penetration up front and that team is pretty mediocre.

As it stands, Oregon has as good a shot as anyone to win a 1 shot BCS title game. Not sure they can keep up with Cam Newton though. I think TCU and Boise would just flat out shut that Duck offense down, as would Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. I give Auburns defense a pass after 11 games, because Cam has ran circles around the best defenses of the SEC to the point that the defense doesn't even matter. If Auburn can get by Alabama and South Carolina in a rematch, I really pity Oregon, TCU, or Boise State, because it is gonna be uggggggggggggggggly.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

the pac 10 has stumbled a bit, however, I think this is off the mark- have you seen the middle/back end of other conferences?? it is garbage and much much worse than the Pac 10 - anyhoo, how about we go with the numbers for a second......ESPN Power Rankings, which for the most part are only 1-2 spots off from the BCS, used them to include USC because last time I checked, they still play the games, and I think they are the best, most objective overall rankings

rankings by conference:

Pac 10...1) Oregon, 5) Stanford 20) USC 22) Arizona

Big 10....7)Wisky, 8) Ohio St 12) Mich St 21) Iowa -

Big 12 9) Neb, 11) Okie St, 15) OU, 16) Mizzou 18) Tex A&M - pretty mediocre this year

SEC 2) Aub, 6) LSU, 10) Bama, 13) Ark, 17)USC, 23) Miss St. - the best overall conference - again, not as clear cut but still #1

I am curious how a 10 team conference with 2 teams in the top 5 and 4 ranked overall is somehow terrible......anyone?

The Pac 10 sacks up and plays people non conference, has an extra league game and pasy the price.

personally, I would love to see Oregon play Auburn

Oregon and stanford havent played anyone but themselves thus far. so this tough non conference you speak of, doesnt include the 2 highest rated teams.

And Wash St. as the extra league game sure is scary for these 2.

These 4 teams punk the rest of the conference and pad their record with a weak non conference is how they are in the top 25. SC isnt bowl eligible, and Zona has the only ranked non conference win of the 4 schools combined. This conference is complete crap, and like last yr, will be exposed in the bowls again.

Id love to see Oregon play Auburn, and most likely we will see Ohio St or Wisconsion vs Stanford, and Zona vs Mizz/NEB/Okie St, and I predict right now, the conference goes 0-3 in those bowl games. Not going to argue what might or might not happen with these 3 all the way until Jan, time will tell if this conference is worth a crap. Anyone have the SOS for the top 25. Curious to see where Stanford and Oregon stack up there right now.

After watching Oregon play vs Cal, I think they should be thankful there isn't a playoff in College Football. That team is going to struggle against teams from the SEC, and we already saw what Ohio State did to that offense. You get any type of penetration up front and that team is pretty mediocre.

As it stands, Oregon has as good a shot as anyone to win a 1 shot BCS title game. Not sure they can keep up with Cam Newton though. I think TCU and Boise would just flat out shut that Duck offense down, as would Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. I give Auburns defense a pass after 11 games, because Cam has ran circles around the best defenses of the SEC to the point that the defense doesn't even matter. If Auburn can get by Alabama and South Carolina in a rematch, I really pity Oregon, TCU, or Boise State, because it is gonna be uggggggggggggggggly.

I expect more out of yout - this is just so simplistic not sure what to say.......

this is college football, win and advance - did you happen to know Cal, as schizo as they have been had won EVERY home game this year by 30+, had beaten Oregon 3 times in a row in Berkley and prior to the game their defense was top 15, and is now top10 (ahead of EVERY SEC defense besides LSU). Sorry, Cal is a tough, tough place to play.

I watched the entire UGA Auburn game, not sure what you were watching but Oregon hangs 50+ on Auburn without breaking a sweat - that defense is absolutely terrible. Ducks have a much better D than Auburn and I think they beat them pretty easily. TCU or Boise would be a tougher matchup for the Ducks, no question.

this is college football, teams aren't perfect every week. I still give the SEC credit bc it is a freaking kick ass conference, but a bit overrated this year

Oregon and stanford havent played anyone but themselves thus far. so this tough non conference you speak of, doesnt include the 2 highest rated teams.

And Wash St. as the extra league game sure is scary for these 2.

These 4 teams punk the rest of the conference and pad their record with a weak non conference is how they are in the top 25. SC isnt bowl eligible, and Zona has the only ranked non conference win of the 4 schools combined. This conference is complete crap, and like last yr, will be exposed in the bowls again.

Id love to see Oregon play Auburn, and most likely we will see Ohio St or Wisconsion vs Stanford, and Zona vs Mizz/NEB/Okie St, and I predict right now, the conference goes 0-3 in those bowl games. Not going to argue what might or might not happen with these 3 all the way until Jan, time will tell if this conference is worth a crap. Anyone have the SOS for the top 25. Curious to see where Stanford and Oregon stack up there right now.

weak non conference? no one plays a weaker non conference and more FCS teams than the SEC. The ONLY ranked teams nc were Oregon and A&M - that is it, so let's get real here for a second.

Auburn (Arkansas St., Clemson, UL-Monroa, UT-Chatt) ....... not exactly tough- and par for the course in the big bad SEC

just as an fyi - currently ranked teams playd by each conference

SEC - 2 (Oregon, A&M)

Pac 10- 7 ((Iowa, Wisky, TCU, Okie State, Boise, Neb, Nevada)

Big 12- 4 (TCU, Iowa, Utah, FSU)

Big 10 - 3 ( UA, USC, Miami)

so, 10 team league, 1 more conference game and they somehow schedule the most quality non conference games........interesting

weak non conference? no one plays a weaker non conference and more FCS teams than the SEC. The ONLY ranked teams nc were Oregon and A&M - that is it, so let's get real here for a second.

Auburn (Arkansas St., Clemson, UL-Monroa, UT-Chatt) ....... not exactly tough- and par for the course in the big bad SEC

SEC - 2 (Oregon, A&M)

so, 10 team league, 1 more conference game and they somehow schedule the most quality non conference games........interesting

What's more, 5 of the Pac 10's 7 OOC games are vs teams in the top 10. All 3 of the Big 10's ranked opponents and 3 of the Big 12's 4 are 20th or worse. Mind you, that's all depending on what poll you're looking at, but they're all relatively close.

SEC - 2 (Oregon, A&M)

Ill say it again, because you never acknowledge this fact.

Would either of these be where they are today if they played a NEB, TCU or Boise. Seriously doubt it.

Would either of these be where they are today if they played a NEB, TCU or Boise. Seriously doubt it.

Dude, there's exactly zero teams in NC discussions with an OOC victory against an elite team. Auburn has LSU but that's in conference and Oregon has Stanford, but again, that's in conference. Not exactly sure what you're trying to prove, unless your point is that nobody should be playing in the NC game.

So, yes, it is very possible that either Stanford or OU would have a loss (or another) if they played TCU or BSU or (to a lesser degree) Neb. Then again, it's also likely that TCU, BSU, or Neb would have a loss (or another loss). That's what happens when good teams play each other. One team wins and one team loses and you just don't know which it's going to be.

Who'd have thunk it?

ranked Wins overall

Aub - 3, USC, Ark, LSU

Oreg- 2, Stan, USC

TCU - 1, Utah

Boise - 1, VT

LSU - 2, FLA, Bama

Stan - 2, USC, UA

WIsky- 2- Iowa, OSU

again, yer point?

Edited by wildcat2334

Dude, there's exactly zero teams in NC discussions with an OOC victory against an elite team. Auburn has LSU but that's in conference and Oregon has Stanford, but again, that's in conference. Not exactly sure what you're trying to prove, unless your point is that nobody should be playing in the NC game.

So, yes, it is very possible that either Stanford or OU would have a loss (or another) if they played TCU or BSU or (to a lesser degree) Neb. Then again, it's also likely that TCU, BSU, or Neb would have a loss (or another loss). That's what happens when good teams play each other. One team wins and one team loses and you just don't know which it's going to be.

Who'd have thunk it?

He keeps bringing up the Pac-10s non conference record, yet the 2 teams vying for the best records in this conference didnt play anyone there. Im not bashing either of these 2 schools, Im bashing the fact this conference non conference games get brought up so often, yet neither of these 2 teams played anyone non conference.

ranked Wins overall

Aub - 3, USC, Ark, LSU

Oreg- 2, Stan, USC

TCU - 1, Utah

Boise - 1, VT

LSU - 2, FLA, Bama

Stan - 2, USC, UA

WIsky- 2- Iowa, OSU

again, yer point?

my point is you continue to bring up how strong the pac-10s non conference is, yet the top 2 teams didnt play anyone. So why bring it up, who cares that 4-6 Oregon St lost to TCU and Boise. They also lost to 1-9 Wash St at home.

my point is you continue to bring up how strong the pac-10s non conference is, yet the top 2 teams didnt play anyone. So why bring it up, who cares that 4-6 Oregon St lost to TCU and Boise. They also lost to 1-9 Wash St at home.

take a look at Auburn, LSU or any of th SEC non conference sched.......

then take a look at any of the Big 10,12 teams - they played no one.......Wisky, OSU,

Pac 10 envy - good stuff

take a look at Auburn, LSU or any of th SEC non conference sched.......

then take a look at any of the Big 10,12 teams - they played no one.......Wisky, OSU,

Pac 10 envy - good stuff

neither did Oregon or Stanford.

And you do remember you are a Zona fan right. Somehow you always seem to pimp the front running school in the conference.

And you cant dispute the point, so you throw mud on the wall. fact is the Pac-10 is no different than any other conference. 5 yrs ago when alot of these games were scheduled, who knew Boise, TCU would still be good. Neither had the track record they do today. And OU plays a strong non conference every year. So I could care less who Kansas St schedules, I care about OU, and thats it. you, you pimp Oregon Sts non conference when they get bounced in both games, and practically every other game on their schedule, including 1-9 Wash St. Dont hear that Oregon St crap outta ya anymore, so I guess the way to shut you up, is when your argument or angle proves to be complete crap, then and only then do you shut it, How bout that top 15 Oregon St. WOW the best 4-8 team in the country I say. 4-8 in 3 weeks when they get trashed by Oregon, stanford, and SC. And in 2 months, Ill be here saying, How bout those 1-2 or 0-3 pac-10 Bowl games. Until then, you spew and spew, then next yr you say how over rated bowl games are, but then in the same breath will say how strong your non conference is. let me let you in on a lil secret, bowl games are non conference games too.

Edited by Living the Dream