[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TSA Airport Screening

Square

TSA screening at the airport seems to get crazier and crazier. Here is an interesting article about how screening of airports is done is Israel compared to the US. I know very little about Israel overall, but I know they face far more threats than us and seem to have a much more efficient way of dealing with said threats. Pretty interesting short read. :wacko:

While North America's airports groan under the weight of another sea-change in security protocols, one word keeps popping out of the mouths of experts: Israelification.

That is, how can we make our airports more like Israel's, which deal with far greater terror threat with far less inconvenience.

"It is mindboggling for us Israelis to look at what happens in North America, because we went through this 50 years ago,"

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyone is cool with either going through a "low radiation" scanning machine every time they travel or getting a rub down and groin search by some TSA agent if they opt out of the scanning machines? :tup: No outrage over the recent change in airport security procedures or do people just not know it has changed lately? They are having some hearings in Congress about the subject soon. :wacko:

So everyone is cool with either going through a "low radiation" scanning machine every time they travel or getting a rub down and groin search by some TSA agent if they opt out of the scanning machines? :tup: No outrage over the recent change in airport security procedures or do people just not know it has changed lately? They are having some hearings in Congress about the subject soon. :wacko:

Anyone that opts for the "pat down" over the scanning machine has a small peeener.

Flying tomorrow out of Newark, can't wait for that pat down!

Seriously though, the scanners do create a lot of issues now being looked at much closer. I saw some of these images, they're pretty graphic, to the point that Cliaz could probably jerk off to them. Why these issues weren't addressed BEFORE they implemented the scanners is a bit intriguing. :tup:

ETA: Aside from that, as a frequent business flyer, I pretty much agree with Ursa.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I don't give a rat's ass about body scanners. But if there is a better way to increase air safety that is also less intrusive, then go for it. But along the lines of the initial article, I still don't understand why passengers can access the cockpit from the inside of the plane.

Edited by yo mama

Seriously though, the scanners do create a lot of issues now being looked at much closer. I saw some of these images, they're pretty graphic, to the point that Cliaz could probably jerk off to them. Why these issues weren't addressed BEFORE they implemented the scanners is a bit intriguing. :wacko:

ETA: Aside from that, as a frequent business flyer, I pretty much agree with Ursa.

Right, I mean who cares who's looking at you with your clothes off (virtually, anyway)? Jeez, people, get over it. Terrorists get more inventive all the time and they actively welcome dying. I f'n don't.

I don't give a rat's ass about body scanners. But if there is a better way to increase air safety that is also less intrusive, then go for it. But along the lines of the initial article, I still don't understand why passengers can access the cockpit from the inside of the plane.

There is a better way - how about paying more attention to people who look suspicious or look like terrorists - yea profile - as opposed to patting down 5 year old little girls. If you read the article about how it is done in Israel - they pay attention to the people and pay closer attention to the people's reactions and then focus on the nervous acting people - I am guessing they know a thing or two about terrorism.

I don't frankly give two craps what they do as long as they keep bombs off planes.

Has the TSA ever actually caught a terrorist?

Here is a funny story from Penn (from Penn and Teller) about his recent trip through TSA security. :wacko:

There is a better way - how about paying more attention to people who look suspicious or look like terrorists - yea profile - as opposed to patting down 5 year old little girls. If you read the article about how it is done in Israel - they pay attention to the people and pay closer attention to the people's reactions and then focus on the nervous acting people - I am guessing they know a thing or two about terrorism.

Take our culture of fear and add 9/11, I guess we're lucky we don't have to strip naked and submit to an anal probe before boarding a plane. I read the article about Israel -- their approach is rational and makes perfect sense. It would never fly here.

I haven't been this sexually assaulted by the Federal Government since 1861. Wait'll they show up at your front door like they do here in the South. Hell, you wanna feel violated....just the other day I open the door and Michelle Obama is standing there with a strap-on, a bottle of rum and an evil grin. I told her I don't even like to fly and just wanna be left alone by the Feds. She shot my livestock, broke my window and I can't relive the rest of the story without Untateve holding my hand telling me it'll be okay.

So glad the rest of the country is seeing what we've experienced from the Federal Government for the last 150 years.

It's starting to get a bit invasive, but I'm still ok with it (so far). What really ticks me off though is that this is supposed to represent us getting more serious about keeping terrorists off planes, but that's a lie IMO. If we were REALLY getting serious about keeping terrorists off planes, then we would put away our politically correct BS policies, and start actually profiling dangerous people (including race and religion as part of that profile). Until that happens I won't believe that anything we do is much more than for show.

If we were REALLY getting serious about keeping terrorists off planes, then we would put away our politically correct BS policies, and start actually profiling dangerous people (including race and religion as part of that profile). Until that happens I won't believe that anything we do is much more than for show.

:wacko:

I don't frankly give two craps what they do as long as they keep bombs off planes.

That said, we are notorious for reinventing the wheel all the time, never bothering to look and see if someone else has a better system we could adopt.

I heard the terrorists are moving to body cavity bombs next. I expect you to be at the head of the butt-hole checking line.

The scanner thing doesn't bother me. Better than havin' some agent grab my junk. Hell, I'd like to have an 8x10 glossy of the scan. :wacko: New way to generate income for the airlines?

What does bother me is the supposed protest on the day before Thanksgiving where everyone is supposed to request a pat down. :tup: The only one's being punished by that will be the passengers. Well thought out. :shakeshead:

Hell, I'd like to have an 8x10 glossy of the scan. :wacko: New way to generate income for the airlines?

next time I get scanned: "hey, you guys want me to autograph that for you?"

as much as this sort of thing feels like it ought to pr!ck at my libertarian sensibilities, I just can't honestly get too worked up about this, or the NSA "warrantlessly" filtering phone calls for terror-talk, or subway security checking backpacks, or what have you. it struck me as disingenuous when people on the left got all fired up about that stuff during the bush administration, and it strikes me as disingenuous now to see people on the right getting fired up about it (the people who were fired up during both administrations aren't disingenuous, I just don't quite share their sense of alarm). there are legitimate issues and concerns in there somewhere, but mostly I just see talking about it as a bunch of political opportunism.

Edited by Azazello1313

Oh, you'll give two craps, maybe more.

So I can put you down for full rectal cavity searches for everyone at the airport?? Maybe we can combine the TSA with husseincare, check your prostate while we're up there!!! That's great news kommrad! :wacko:

Terrorist hid explosives in his bottom