[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TSA Airport Screening

Square

Right, I mean who cares who's looking at you with your clothes off (virtually, anyway)? Jeez, people, get over it. Terrorists get more inventive all the time and they actively welcome dying. I f'n don't.

+1

I really couldnt care less if some TSA employee that I dont know sees an image of what I look like under my clothes or wants to pat me down. Big friggin deal. If it means we're all going to get where we're going more safely, its a small price to pay IMO. I try to be as cooperative as possible at airports. It makes their job easier and (hopefully) helps speed things up...

In the wake of the San Diego man who was forcibly removed from an airport for refusing to submit to a body scan or hand-screening, the TSA is reevaluating their draconian and invasive policies. Just kidding, they are investigating him.

That guy is a complete puke and I would like to punch him in his stupid mouth :wacko:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also don't get why pilots need to go through this stuff? I am pretty sure if a Pilot wants to take a plane down he/she can - they are the people that are actually flying the plane!!!

I travel quite a bit and have no problem with this but I still think there are better ways and more efficient ways - Profile!!! They can profile me all they want because I know I am good to go - I don't care if it offends people.

If you guys want TSA to profile people, then the govt. better start hiring and training TSA agents that are smart enough to differentiate between a Hispanic and a Pakistani. And I'm fairly certain many of the people for profiling would be against more taxpayer funds being pumped into the TSA to make sure agents are qualified.

Edited by bushwacked

If you guys want TSA to profile people, then the govt. better start hiring and training TSA agents that are smart enough to differentiate between a Hispanic and a Pakistani. And I'm fairly certain many of the people for profiling would be against more taxpayer funds being pumped into the TSA to make sure agents are qualified.

Shouldn't we be checking people of both lineages? I mean most of the messicans are here illegally smuggling drugs onto planes while the A Rabs are smuggling bombs... Both should be subjected to invasive and humiliating searches.

I also don't get why pilots need to go through this stuff? I am pretty sure if a Pilot wants to take a plane down he/she can - they are the people that are actually flying the plane!!!

I travel quite a bit and have no problem with this but I still think there are better ways and more efficient ways - Profile!!! They can profile me all they want because I know I am good to go - I don't care if it offends people.

Fortunately, terrorists are not smart enough to recruit The Whites to make the plane go boom.

It's like buying a ticket to an Eagles game...you know a free ass-whoopin' with lots of cussing and downright inhumane behavior is waiting for you there. You gotta be tough and know if anyone shows any sign of weakness or injury, the crowd will be sent off into a frenzied rage. These Eagle fans arelocked up during the week chewing at the scraps of food left behind and scraping their fingers until they bleed at the iron bars holding them back. A pack of rabid animals is more civilized so don't be shocked and offended when it happens, sissyboy.

Still, it's better than going to a Vikings game where everyone is wearing too-tight fitting purple ensembles barely speaking English and waving those Maple Leaf flags, including some 45-year old guy that was never meant to wear tight purple pants while throwing a massive amount of interceptions. What a revolting scary sight that is.

Man up.

Still, it's better than going to a Vikings game where everyone is wearing too-tight fitting purple ensembles barely speaking English and waving those Maple Leaf flags, including some 45-year old guy that was never meant to wear tight purple pants while throwing a massive amount of interceptions. What a revolting scary sight that is.

So you're the peckerwood who was heckling my game in the parking lot 2 weeks ago.

And I wear those pants for support only. :wacko:

So you're the peckerwood who was heckling my game in the parking lot 2 weeks ago.

And I wear those pants for support only. :wacko:

C'mon SeductiveNun, it's Canada....my heckling consists of "Oh my, that wasn't a very good play. Try better next time, eh chaps!"

I'm flying on Friday for the first time since all of the outrage hit the media. Think it would be funny to stuff some type of large appendage in my shorts for the body scan. Nothing illegal there....right?

Oh and I mean something larger than my already large appendage. :wacko:

I'm flying on Friday for the first time since all of the outrage hit the media. Think it would be funny to stuff some type of large appendage in my shorts for the body scan. Nothing illegal there....right?

Oh and I mean something larger than my already large appendage. :wacko:

Don't put too much effort in, I flew from Newark to Ottawa, and am now in Montreal at the airport bar having a cocktail, all security had no body scanners, everything was as it's been.

I heard the terrorists are moving to body cavity bombs next. I expect you to be at the head of the butt-hole checking line.

If some minimum wage TSA flunky wants to peer up my ass, they can knock themselves out. It'll be more horrible for them than me.

Question for you parents, what if it is your child who is the one being body searched? I have no problems with a TSA agent wanting to cop a feel on my junk if it means our planes are safer, but when it comes to my kids I would hope they could find a better way.

I tend to agree about the profiling but what if that nice Mr Mustafa who's renting the room downstairs has asked the trusting little old landlady who's going to visit her sister to take this box of cookies to his brother in Atlanta?

I tend to agree about the profiling but what if that nice Mr Mustafa who's renting the room downstairs has asked the trusting little old landlady who's going to visit her sister to take this box of cookies to his brother in Atlanta?

That has yet to happen - I am not saying let every little landlady go without even being checked by some sort of security measure but the idea of having to feel up 5 year old girls and 88 year women just so we don't offend some people is a joke.

This whole thread has turned to :wacko:

The point is that we are spending tons of money on a reactionary, questionably useful, exceedingly bureaucratic system and everyone seems to be fine. Let's put aside the privacy issues here for a sec (although I could care less about myself I do have a daughter and wife that I'll be flying with in the future). The system we currently have takes too long to execute and we can only question it's capacity to actually... you know... stop a terrorist. People have a better chance of being struck by lighting twice than they do being on a plane taken down by a terrorist bomb.

The most effective deterrent came from putting a lock on the pilots door and the mere awareness of people on the plane of what a terrorist might do. On 9/11 the first plane that found out what those crazy fooks were doing, they overran the terrorists and at least grounded the plane. It seems everyone here hates government waste, yet we are allowing them to put into place a gigantic slow moving system that is run by community college dropouts and nobody has a problem. We are completely ignoring smarter ways to accomplish a task yet we love to b!tch about stupid government.

Profiling has to do with watching people and how they act. This has little to do with what they look like (as in shades of brown) and more to do with people that lie, deceive, or are up to something act, talk, and look different than normal people traveling. We could have a better system yet we are being lazy and apathetic and simply saying "who cares". Your taxes are paying for this. I think people should be pushing for a better, quicker, and less invasive methods.

This whole thread has turned to :wacko:

The point is that we are spending tons of money on a reactionary, questionably useful, exceedingly bureaucratic system and everyone seems to be fine. Let's put aside the privacy issues here for a sec (although I could care less about myself I do have a daughter and wife that I'll be flying with in the future). The system we currently have takes too long to execute and we can only question it's capacity to actually... you know... stop a terrorist. People have a better chance of being struck by lighting twice than they do being on a plane taken down by a terrorist bomb.

The most effective deterrent came from putting a lock on the pilots door and the mere awareness of people on the plane of what a terrorist might do. On 9/11 the first plane that found out what those crazy fooks were doing, they overran the terrorists and at least grounded the plane. It seems everyone here hates government waste, yet we are allowing them to put into place a gigantic slow moving system that is run by community college dropouts and nobody has a problem. We are completely ignoring smarter ways to accomplish a task yet we love to b!tch about stupid government.

Profiling has to do with watching people and how they act. This has little to do with what they look like (as in shades of brown) and more to do with people that lie, deceive, or are up to something act, talk, and look different than normal people traveling. We could have a better system yet we are being lazy and apathetic and simply saying "who cares". Your taxes are paying for this. I think people should be pushing for a better, quicker, and less invasive methods.

You're right. It's directly comparable to the US health care system - a slow-moving bureaucratically overweight behemoth with millions of leeches stuck to it. Or the Dept of Defense, another incredibly wasteful shambling monolithic potpourri of vested interests. It is how we do things.