[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TSA Airport Screening

Square

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread has turned to :wacko:

The point is that we are spending tons of money on a reactionary, questionably useful, exceedingly bureaucratic system and everyone seems to be fine. Let's put aside the privacy issues here for a sec (although I could care less about myself I do have a daughter and wife that I'll be flying with in the future). The system we currently have takes too long to execute and we can only question it's capacity to actually... you know... stop a terrorist. People have a better chance of being struck by lighting twice than they do being on a plane taken down by a terrorist bomb.

The most effective deterrent came from putting a lock on the pilots door and the mere awareness of people on the plane of what a terrorist might do. On 9/11 the first plane that found out what those crazy fooks were doing, they overran the terrorists and at least grounded the plane. It seems everyone here hates government waste, yet we are allowing them to put into place a gigantic slow moving system that is run by community college dropouts and nobody has a problem. We are completely ignoring smarter ways to accomplish a task yet we love to b!tch about stupid government.

Profiling has to do with watching people and how they act. This has little to do with what they look like (as in shades of brown) and more to do with people that lie, deceive, or are up to something act, talk, and look different than normal people traveling. We could have a better system yet we are being lazy and apathetic and simply saying "who cares". Your taxes are paying for this. I think people should be pushing for a better, quicker, and less invasive methods.

You are right and you are also right about the profiling part but you know damn well that it will become an issue of what people look like. Even if everything is done the right way you will get the people bitching about it not being fair that some people may get a little special attention. Look at how the profiling blew up for Illegals in Nevada - you had smart people screaming profiling that did not even know Texas bordered Mexico (yes from my home state :tup: )

That has yet to happen - I am not saying let every little landlady go without even being checked by some sort of security measure but the idea of having to feel up 5 year old girls and 88 year women just so we don't offend some people is a joke.

It's funny until you realize that that 5 year old has two pounds of cocaine taped to his body and the "parents" are now claiming that he's not really their kid but their nephew and they are just bringing him to visit another aunt and uncle and that they aren't responsible for how he was dressed, etc. There are very legitimate reasons for everyone to be searched.

That being said, I'd still take the scanner over the junk grope.

You don't have to pay extra for the pat down? I like the added value :wacko:

I'd like to fly up to New York City to have Thanksgiving with Hugh 0ne. You get yer nuts rubbed down at the airport and after eating some good turkey. Happy Holidays to me!! 2-fer-1.

I'd like to fly up to New York City to have Thanksgiving with Hugh 0ne. You get yer nuts rubbed down at the airport and after eating some good turkey. Happy Holidays to me!! 2-fer-1.

Open invite, for both Thanksgiving dinner and the obligatory nutsack rub. :wacko:

So if you don't like the way airport security is set up, drive yer a$$. That should really speed things up for you.

I read the article. What they are doing does not sound cheaper or smaller. They do that in all 12 of their airports over there? There's a big scale difference. A bomb proof sceurity chamber at every point of entry into the terminal? Armed security all over the place? I'd garner DFW might be bigger than all 12 airports over there combined. I promise you combine DFW with any other airport in the United States and you have a bigger project than securing every single airport in Isreal.

I'm all for improved security both in terms of protecting everyone from the bad guys as well as efficiency; however, I think Isreal has a much smaller job to do that we do. I don't care if the TSA adds profiling to their list of measures or not but after your ass gets profiled, go through the f*cking scanner, take the pat-down or go screw yourself. I consider that completely consistent with my position on warrantless phone taps.

I'm willing to kill the terrorists and crash the plane in the middle of nowhere if I have to but if people are counting on that as part of the security protocol, I think I'm being over charged to fly. Ultimately, my objective when flying is to survive the flight not minimize the damage.

I don't care if the TSA adds profiling to their list of measures or not but after your ass gets profiled, go through the f*cking scanner, take the pat-down or go screw yourself. I consider that completely consistent with my position on warrantless phone taps.

Do you have cute kids?

Winthrop Police were searching this week for 45-year old Sean Shanahan, most recently of 26 Shirley Street apartment #3 on five charges including two counts of statutory rape, two counts of enticing a child and one count of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14...

Shanahan, a Transportation Security Administration employee at Logan Airport, has not appeared at his job in several days and has also not been back to his apartment on Shirley Street, following an initial search of his residence by police, which resulted in the confiscation of a computer and cell phone from his home.

http://www.winthroptranscript.com/2010/03/...hild-rape-case/

Think about that when the TSA agent is fondling your children.

My plan: 3 properly trained Sky Marshalls per plane, each with a taser, mace, and/or a rubber bullet/bean bag gun. Mostly random seating, but one in the front, one in the middle, and one in the back. No shiny tin star on the outside, nor a Texas Walker hat. No free donuts or coffee.

Creates jobs, especially for our soon to be unemployed military troops. Builds a false sense of comfort on the plane and could quicken some parts of the scanning process.

Publicize it. The terrorists should know at least 3 people on board are ready, willing, and able to jack them up. Would normally outnumber the terrorists too.

i will never understand the issue .. if you travel alot and are worried about radiation , get the pat down ...close your eyes and imagine how nice it will be to be on a safe flight .... and if you dont travel too much , go through the scanner , say cheese and let them be jealous of your junk ( speaking for me )G

Bottom line is if another plane is used in an attack or God forbid a terrorist blows it up , we will all be gung ho about whatever the TSA wants to do for increasing security

Safety first and safety last

Wouldn't it be easier to simply arm all passengers with knives and then collect them as the passengers exit the plane? Sometimes the obvious ideas are the best ideas.

I'd use mine to fillet the stupid cow trying to cram a grand piano into the overhead bin and holding everyone up.