[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Underdogs this Week

Rockerbraves

Just finished glancing at the betting odds for this week. The one thing I noticed is there a quite a few decent teams that are home underdogs this week. Wonder how I would do taking all the home dogs?? :wacko::tup:

Wisconsin @ Michigan +5

Ohio State @ Iowa +3

Arkansas @ Miss State + 3 1/2

Virginia Tech @ Miami, FL + 2 1/2

Pittsbugh @ South Florida +3

Oklahoma @ Baylor +7 1/2

Nebraska @ Texas A&M + 2 1/2

Utah @ San Deigo State +3

Edited by Rockerbraves

Interesting that Utah is a 3 point favorite after getting embarrassed the last 2 weeks, and San Diego State took TCU to the wire in Ft. Worth.

I was at the ND vs Utah game last week and wasn't very impressed with the Utes. Didn't watch much of San Diego State, but I'd have to think they have a solid chance at beating Utah. :wacko:

I'd take Michigan, Baylor and SDSU. (maybe USF)

Is it just me or are the oddsmakers tempting/begging you to take Ohio State, Arkansas, Virginia Tech and Nebraska with so much to play for yet only giving up a few points? :wacko:

What's funny is as soon as I think I found "sucker bets" it seems it's the same week all suckers thing so. :tup:

Just finished glancing at the betting odds for this week. The one thing I noticed is there a quite a few decent teams that are home underdogs this week. Wonder how I would do taking all the home dogs?? :wacko::tup:

Wisconsin @ Michigan +5........MIch stinks, and I am riding Wisky here

Ohio State @ Iowa +3.........Love the Hawks +3

Arkansas @ Miss State + 3 1/2.....no thanks

Virginia Tech @ Miami, FL + 2 1/2.........VT wins and covers

Pittsbugh @ South Florida +3......no thanks

Oklahoma @ Baylor +7 1/2.............Okie covers in a high scoring game

Nebraska @ Texas A&M + 2 1/2.........no thanks

Utah @ San Deigo State +3............gotta play SDSU, Utah is struggling

interesting - IF I were a betting man :tup: .........

I wouldn't bet a dollar on that Nebraska game. There is no good way to predict this Nebraska team this year and a lot of it depends on the health of the high ankle sprain that T. Martinez has been trying to recover from. You don't know if the NU team that put 51 on Okie state (2nd highest B12 team) or the team that just barely mustered 21 on Kansas (worst B12 team) is going to show up. My guestimate is that is NU wins by 4 points (something like 24-28), but there are too many unknowns to lay any money down. :wacko:

Pretty sure the home dogs went 1-6-1. Feel sorry for anyone who took Miss St plus the 3 1/2 since the Hogs missed a makeable 39 yd FG that would have won the game in the first OT.

That's the worst. I remember getting 3.5 in a pro game once, watching the other team miss a game winning FG at the end but figuring, "what the hell, if this thing goes to OT, worst case, I win by .5", forgetting, of course, that sometimes a team actually scores a TD, and then being reminded of it.

One of the many outcomes that lead me away from gambling on games.