[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU/Miss

detlef

SEC UGA - have you watched Boise STate play?? do you realize they have one of the best defensive fronts in the country?? they are more physical up front than anyone in the SEC, except LSU (although they looked like chit vs Ole Miss)

the aren't lacking size. speed or athleticism against anyone. Their WR are phenomenal, the QB is a machine and both RB are sick......

time to focus on the team, not the conference

Yes, I have watched them play... They do have good size and speed. I got a little contorted in my initial post and more what I was getting at was the size, speed, skill of the other teams they play when compared to those of the major conferences. They don't play the D's that your SEC, Big 10, PAC 1o, etc.. play week in and week out. Thus, they do not have the injuries, they do not get as tired/fatigued by midseason, they do not have the pressure on them... It is a different ball game playing a major conference schedule than it is playing in the WAC. Hell, Hawaii is 8-1 in the WAC, putting up a 40 spot on the competition, holding the competition to 2 scores and has not won a game OOC this season. The WAC is not a trial by fire conference and Boise can exploit this and get out of the season unscathed. They could not do the same with a Big 12, ACC, or PAC 10 schedule.

You are acting as if I'm not giving Boise credit, where I am one of the few championing giving they and TCU a shot at the Big guys in the NC. I have stated numerous times that they caould beat anyone on any given day. But you make it sound like I'm stating they are some POS team.... I'm not stating they can not win against Ore, AU, Stan in a single game. What I am saying is that they don't have the depth, skill, talent, whatever you want to call it, to go through a PAC 10 or Big 12 Schedule undefeated. They do not have the depth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have watched them play... They do have good size and speed. I got a little contorted in my initial post and more what I was getting at was the size, speed, skill of the other teams they play when compared to those of the major conferences. They don't play the D's that your SEC, Big 10, PAC 1o, etc.. play week in and week out. Thus, they do not have the injuries, they do not get as tired/fatigued by midseason, they do not have the pressure on them... It is a different ball game playing a major conference schedule than it is playing in the WAC. Hell, Hawaii is 8-1 in the WAC, putting up a 40 spot on the competition, holding the competition to 2 scores and has not won a game OOC this season. The WAC is not a trial by fire conference and Boise can exploit this and get out of the season unscathed. They could not do the same with a Big 12, ACC, or PAC 10 schedule.

You are acting as if I'm not giving Boise credit, where I am one of the few championing giving they and TCU a shot at the Big guys in the NC. I have stated numerous times that they caould beat anyone on any given day. But you make it sound like I'm stating they are some POS team.... I'm not stating they can not win against Ore, AU, Stan in a single game. What I am saying is that they don't have the depth, skill, talent, whatever you want to call it, to go through a PAC 10 or Big 12 Schedule undefeated. They do not have the depth.

fair enough- and I agree to an extent. I just think based on what we have seen and everyone having weaknesses, they deserve the benefit of the doubt that if you flipped schedules, etc they would be just fine.

I am of the opinion if LSU played a full Pac 10 slate they would lose 3-4 games myself - so I hear ya

fair enough- and I agree to an extent. I just think based on what we have seen and everyone having weaknesses, they deserve the benefit of the doubt that if you flipped schedules, etc they would be just fine.

I am of the opinion if LSU played a full Pac 10 slate they would lose 3-4 games myself - so I hear ya

Oregon, Stanford (maybe, though after that game two weeks ago not sure about it) and...

Oregon, Stanford (maybe, though after that game two weeks ago not sure about it) and...

Arizona, ASU, CAL, Oregon State, all very capable of beating an LSU team that stru-ggled with much inferior teams ie. Tenn, Ole Miss, a depleted UNC, etc

sorry, they show up like they did vs Tenn and ANYONE in the Pac 10 besides WSU is drilling them

Arizona, ASU, CAL, Oregon State, all very capable of beating an LSU team that stru-ggled with much inferior teams ie. Tenn, Ole Miss, a depleted UNC, etc

sorry, they show up like they did vs Tenn and ANYONE in the Pac 10 besides WSU is drilling them

If history is any indciation LSU would roll in the Pac10. Exactly when has LSU ever lost to a Pac 10 team?