[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domino's Pizza

Jackass

...really kinda sucks. i hadn't eaten there in a few years, mainly because i remember it being pretty average and there's a couple pizza places near me that are pretty good. Well, i'm watching tv and see they have a large 2 item pizza for 5.95 so i figure what the hell. i bring my pizza home, open it up and I really thought they forgot the sauce because i couldn't see any initially. I'm glad i worked out ahead of time because there was enough salt in the crust to send a reasonably healthy man into cardiac arrest. And by two toppings they meant sprinkle a few pieces of spinach and pepperoni on it. So the end product was some very salty bread with some cheese on it. Thanks Domino's, I will eat out of the dumpster behind my building before i order another pizza from your establishment again. :wacko:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

For fast food pizza I think it's average. You need lots of salt (probably garlic salt which is a bonus) to make it good. Any fast food needs lots of salt, you don't eat it to be healthy.

Think about it, they have thousands of franchises, pay minimum wage, and like any fast food franchise, their product has to be consistent. Out of necessity they use frozen crust, huge cans of crappy sauce, probably frozen cheese and toppings too. Then they engineer it so any monkey could assemble pies. You get what you pay for.

You're better off with a frozen pie from the supermarket, some of them are actually decent.

Think about it, they have thousands of franchises, pay minimum wage, and like any fast food franchise, their product has to be consistent. Out of necessity they use frozen crust, huge cans of crappy sauce, probably frozen cheese and toppings too. Then they engineer it so any monkey could assemble pies. You get what you pay for.

You're better off with a frozen pie from the supermarket, some of them are actually decent.

+1

My dad used to buy those things, and on Friday nights he'd pop one in the oven so we could eat it while we watched Dukes of Hazzard. He'd buy the Totinos and load that sumbitch up with green peppers, onions, hamburger, and all kinds of crap. This thing would look like a hubcap with pizza fixin's on it.

We used to watch Daisy Dukes sweet ass while munching down a hunk of pizza. Good times, good times.

My dad used to buy those things, and on Friday nights he'd pop one in the oven so we could eat it while we watched Dukes of Hazzard. He'd buy the Totinos and load that sumbitch up with green peppers, onions, hamburger, and all kinds of crap. This thing would look like a hubcap with pizza fixin's on it.

We used to watch Daisy Dukes sweet ass while munching down a hunk of pizza. Good times, good times.

:tup: passing that tradition down in HD is awesome :tup::wacko:

Oh yeah! Daisy Duke and pizza!

Mrs. HR makes homade pizzas that are out of this world. But everytime she makes them I get so horny... I think I know why the urge hits me so powerfully now. :wacko:

Thanks CD! :tup:

Edited by The Holy Roller

I have not been lured enough to try their revamped pie. It's always been really bad, I expect it to always be really bad. Other chains are little different.

I do crave a Pizza Hut pan meat lovers once in a while, but it's more to pacify a fond teen year memory itch - it hardly passes as good pizza.

Absolute garbage. Gave them another shot about six months ago with their "we knew we sucked but we're better now campaign". Kudos to their advertising dept.

Same here. I used to deliver for Dominos when I was in High School, and I didn't mind it back then. Over the last 20 years though I grew to really dislike it. Then after they said they had changed everything and made it better, we tried it again and it sucked hard. I don't really dig their garlic dusted crust and the cheese has been and continues to be absolute junk.

We usually do the Papa Murphy's take-n-bake pizzas, or else Pizza Man for delivery.

My dad used to buy those things, and on Friday nights he'd pop one in the oven so we could eat it while we watched Dukes of Hazzard.

What a surprise.

I have not been lured enough to try their revamped pie. It's always been really bad, I expect it to always be really bad.

Exactly. Saying Dominos sucks is like saying they found the Lindbergh baby. I'd much rather a superior frozen pie - though I rarely do that either. IMO either get a quality pie or don't bother.

There is no good national franchise pizza, EXCEPT when I'm at the airport and there is a Pizza Hut. But then I'm usually soooo hungry I'd eat the box.

C'mon, people, someone has got to comment on this!!!!!! :wacko:

We couldn't afford a TV or pizza or a freezer so my Dad would put a loaf of Wonder Bread in the oven with some ketchup packets on it and we'd pretend it was pizza. We never had a car so he'd make us jump over the mudpit out back until we missed or we'd get the belt. I was Bo Luke and I'd wrap the Confederate Flag around me. Sometimes he'd pull up a wild onion from the yard and cut it up and put it on our "pizza" to show he loved me. Okay, it was really only one time he did that.

Horrible times, horrible times.