[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domino's Pizza

Jackass

We couldn't afford a TV or pizza or a freezer so my Dad would put a loaf of Wonder Bread in the oven with some ketchup packets on it and we'd pretend it was pizza. We never had a car so he'd make us jump over the mudpit out back until we missed or we'd get the belt. I was Bo Luke and I'd wrap the Confederate Flag around me. Sometimes he'd pull up a wild onion from the yard and cut it up and put it on our "pizza" to show he loved me. Okay, it was really only one time he did that.

Horrible times, horrible times.

:wacko:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We couldn't afford a TV or pizza or a freezer so my Dad would put a loaf of Wonder Bread in the oven with some ketchup packets on it and we'd pretend it was pizza. We never had a car so he'd make us jump over the mudpit out back until we missed or we'd get the belt. I was Bo Luke and I'd wrap the Confederate Flag around me. Sometimes he'd pull up a wild onion from the yard and cut it up and put it on our "pizza" to show he loved me. Okay, it was really only one time he did that.

:wacko:Or did not want to remember the car.

Think about it, they have thousands of franchises, pay minimum wage, and like any fast food franchise, their product has to be consistent. Out of necessity they use frozen crust, huge cans of crappy sauce, probably frozen cheese and toppings too. Then they engineer it so any monkey could assemble pies. You get what you pay for.

I worked at a Dominoes a few years back as a second job to pay off student loans. They do not use frozen crusts. They get deliveries from some factory where the "blobs" of dough are made but they aren't the frozen pie crusts that I used at some other places I worked. The value, taste, etc. can all be debated. Dominoes aren't really placed in the market as a premium option. They are a value option and there are some differences to what kind and amount of toppings you get and that is typically dictated by the store manager. Some people don't think the extra 4 bucks are worth a better pizza. So I ate the pizza when I worked there and even value pizza is still pretty good when you are hungry (this was before the re-vamping).

That being said, since I quit I've never ordered a pizza there but there are always occasions when someone is throwing a birthday party or something and they can save a few bucks by using Dominoes/Little Ceasers/Pizza Hut and I'll eat it and be fine.

You know, Tim, you could be rich if you made a blog on your childhood featuring these "stories". It worked for Sh!t My Dad Says, and it's not as funny as you are.

Absolute garbage. Gave them another shot about six months ago with their "we knew we sucked but we're better now campaign". Kudos to their advertising dept.

pretty much. I guess maybe it's a little better than it used to be, but the garlic salty crust is pretty bad.

none of the local pizza places I actually like do delivery. so it's papa john's when we do delivery.

If I order delivery it is ONLY Pizza Hut thin crust. Though the wife does make me get the hand tossed on occassion, which is just a testament as to how the rest of my life goes...

I managed a Domino's Pizza a long, long time ago...and it's exactly what Square said, it's the store manager that dictates the quality. Some Domino's are much, much better than others. The one we order from here is actually pretty decent and don't scimp on the ingredients, a couple of the ones we ordered from in Cali sucked pretty bad...but there's an old saying that pizza is a lot like sex...even when it's bad it's still pretty good.

Think about it, they have thousands of franchises, pay minimum wage, and like any fast food franchise, their product has to be consistent. Out of necessity they use frozen crust, huge cans of crappy sauce, probably frozen cheese and toppings too. Then they engineer it so any monkey could assemble pies. You get what you pay for.

You're better off with a frozen pie from the supermarket, some of them are actually decent.

A friend of mine makes over 70k running one of their establishments

I've never eaten Dominoes (my small town is too small. I didn't think anything could be worse than Little Casears. Did you know Little Caesers only gives you one pizza now when you order a pizza? Bitter Sweet

I LOVE Little Caesars. It's the only place I ever go for pizza anymore. Maybe they're just better where I live?

I've only had Domino's once and it was alright, not great but not horrible either. The only pizza I've had that was absolutely horrible was Papa John's. That's one place I have no intention of ever eating at again.

I LOVE Little Caesars. It's the only place I ever go for pizza anymore. Maybe they're just better where I live?

I've only had Domino's once and it was alright, not great but not horrible either. The only pizza I've had that was absolutely horrible was Papa John's. That's one place I have no intention of ever eating at again.

I used to love Little Caesars back in the day. Do they still do the parmesan cheese on the crust?

• 1 year later...

that's your friend. while his employees working full time make about 10k a year.

As soon as yer willing to pony up 22 bucks for a Pizza his employees will continue to make $10K a year, you greedy dick.