[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OUCH!

Akfatha

getting your balls squeezed multiple times is a reflection of your coach?

Come on...the A&M guy was reaching underneath for the football :wacko:

Can't blame the Nebraska player considering how his coaches behaved.

Is it true top frosh QB missed a mandatory team meeting and is considering quitting the team?

And how about Coach Bo's brother attacking a camera after the game?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M and Nebraska played a tight game to regulation on Saturday night, but Cornhuskers defensive coordinator I'M A TOOL Pelini pushed his emotions into overtime – leading to an altercation with a credentialed cameraman on Kyle Field.

Both sides agree Pelini grabbed Brandon Jones’ camera and parts of it ended on the grass as players, coaches and fans were on the field moments after A&M’s gripping 9-6 victory. That’s where their stories differ.

“My concern isn’t the camera,” said Jones, co-owner of the popular A&M fan website TexAgs.com. “My concern is him making an ass of himself. He was mad that he’d been caught on camera being a jackass.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't blame the Nebraska player considering how his coaches behaved.

Bo was a mad man during the aTm game and it's not acceptable. He usually gets emotional and can definitely yell at refs (especially with the way the calls have been going lately) but he did cross the line as nobody wants him to go apechit. The chancellor and the AD will have plenty to say with him. Do to the short week they had his game week presser earlier today and he was much better. We'll just have to see how he is from here out. He's a good young coach, but he shows his immaturity at times and unfortunately they melted down at the aTm game.

Back to your point though, I'm guessing you wouldn't associate the play of the dirty aTm player who did the "violating" at the bottom of the pile as Mike Sherman's fault or a reflection of him.

Is it true top frosh QB missed a mandatory team meeting and is considering quitting the team?

I don't believe this. Martinez is a "different" kind of cat, but I think this is about as unsubstantiated as a rumor can get. The only report was from a guy who wrote on Bleacher Report saying that he talked to a "grad assistant". Bleacher Report is about like Wikipedia where it's a fan site and anybody can "report" anything. There has been some talk around here, but it's mainly about the rumor. Nobody has any person of merit saying anything specifically about it. Martinez missed a "shake out" session on Sunday but previous players have missed those and Pelini said he "was excused" when pushed by the press. As of right now, I don't think there is anything to this but the next few days we'll tell us more. My guess is even at 70 something percent healthy, Martinez might start this Friday against Colorado as our #2QB has been out for awhile and our #3 is just too green.

And how about Coach Bo's brother attacking a camera after the game?

I saw the video of the exchange but I haven't really seen enough to comment much. There is no audio and the clip is very short. I have no idea on if Car! or someone else "bumped" the cameraman or if someone hit him with a 2 x 4. There were so many cameras at the game that I assume if something egregious happened, there will be some other video evidence so we can actually judge what happened.

Not trying to knock Nebraska football, but I just wonder how the Nebraska faithful feel about their beloved coach after this meltdown. Just last weekend a good friend of mine who is ia die hard Cornhusker fan was bursting with pride about Coach Pelini. Gotta think at least the old time Nebraska fans are embarrased by what happen on national TV. I actually feared for some of those young A&M fans walking on the field after the game

Could even see this happeing

Edited by Rockerbraves

Not trying to knock Nebraska football, but I just wonder how the Nebraska faithful feel about their beloved coach after this meltdown. Just last weekend a good friend of mine who is ia die hard Cornhusker fan was bursting with pride about Coach Pelini. Gotta think at least the old time Nebraska fans are embarrased by what happen on national TV. I actually feared for some of those young A&M fans walking on the field after the game

Could even see this happeing

:tup:

Yeah, it's a weird quandary to be in. Callahan set the bar so low that people are proud to have an actual defense on the field. But I think everyone agrees that Saturday was over the line. He gets fiery and has gone too far at times, but this game seemed like it was most of the second half. Getting 16 penalties called on NU while only 2 called against aTm (while overall on the year aTm is the more penalized team) could drive anyone :wacko: I think if Saturday's display is the norm, NU would eventually move on. That being said, I think Pelini is smart enough to know he has to change his ways in big games and find away to stay under control. Hopefully the team comes together to play hard against Colorado and at least wrap up the North in their final B12 year.

Pelini has confirmed martinez didnt quit the team, and he owned up to everything he did Saturday and accepted it. Said it's not acceptable behavior and that's great that he didnt make excuses. Nebraska fans still love him, and hes still a young coach growing. I actually don't think it will be much of a problem going forward. Pelini has amazing support in the state of neb and especially at the university.

That said, Colorado fans seem to think we're ripe for the picking right now. Hope the team is focused and proves them wrong.