[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where are all the mouthy Kentucky hoops fans?

godtomsatan

Why didn't you quote your own rather bold prediction?

All I said was they were going to win, I didn't get the whole damn thing wrong like wildcat. :wacko:

A fun game, and kudos to Kentucky. Not just Terrence Jones, but that Brandon Knight kid is really phenomenal. I figured if the Huskies could keep it close in the final minutes, they could rely on the Wildcats to miss their FT's as they had all game, but they hit them when they needed to. Washington's going to have a tough time against big teams, especially if they aren't hitting the 3's, as they have been officially exposed as soft underneath. They have a few players that could play a little tougher, but they do not, for whatever reason.

We'll see how the Dawgs do today against Michigan St., they might be getting a little dose of reality that the rest of the college basketball landscape is not made up of the McNeese St.'s and Eastern Washington's of the world.

All I said was they were going to win, I didn't get the whole damn thing wrong like wildcat. :wacko:

I believe the phrase was, "get ready for a Pac 10 beatdown"

I mean, whatever, I don't have a dog in the fight, and as a UNC fan, it's not like I'm here poking sticks at any program. But it did seem your quote was definitive enough that you didn't need to actually quote another.

A fun game, and kudos to Kentucky. Not just Terrence Jones, but that Brandon Knight kid is really phenomenal. I figured if the Huskies could keep it close in the final minutes, they could rely on the Wildcats to miss their FT's as they had all game, but they hit them when they needed to. Washington's going to have a tough time against big teams, especially if they aren't hitting the 3's, as they have been officially exposed as soft underneath. They have a few players that could play a little tougher, but they do not, for whatever reason.

We'll see how the Dawgs do today against Michigan St., they might be getting a little dose of reality that the rest of the college basketball landscape is not made up of the McNeese St.'s and Eastern Washington's of the world.

whole damn thing wrong?? huh........

after UW survived the initial onslaght they settled down nicely and as good as Knight is, he is a frosh and UW forced him into 8 turnovers - yet I got the whole thing wrong....solid call

if Thomas actually would have showed up, UW wins the game.

A few key plays down the stretch is what won it - Thomas was a no-sho and it killed them. fwiw Overton played great defense but had to dial it back due to a couple nickel dimer calls. Quite frankly it was a very difficult game to official, but the refs called an uneven game IMO - KU shot 12 more FT. The Technical Foul on Overton was complete bchit and a hugh momentum swing - KU's offensive rebounding down the stretch was the difference

anyoo Kent got it done in a hard fought game - well done bc UW is legit.

I mean, whatever, I don't have a dog in the fight, and as a UNC fan, it's not like I'm here poking sticks at any program. But it did seem your quote was definitive enough that you didn't need to actually quote another.

Your first post was definitive enough that you didn't need to post another.

just re-read it, u called for a beatdown with cute pictures, and I stated the UW guards would be the difference and they would win- hardly shocking since UW was favored, yet I missed the whole thing?

now instead of being pissed UW should have won what was a very winnable game against KU and being fired up that they actually are a top 10 type team this year and should give MSU all they can handle - ur backpeddling that UW maybe isn't that good?? waffle much?

A few key plays down the stretch is what won it - Thomas was a no-sho and it killed them. fwiw Overton played great defense but had to dial it back due to a couple nickel dimer calls. Quite frankly it was a very difficult game to official, but the refs called an uneven game IMO - KU shot 12 more FT. The Technical Foul on Overton was complete bchit and a hugh momentum swing - KU's offensive rebounding down the stretch was the difference

The whole damn thing in that Knight gave the Huskies fits, not Overton and Thomas.

Alright, not getting super technical here, for non-Husky fans anyway, but it wasn't Isaiah Thomas....Matthew Bryan-Amaning 3-11 shooting, 2 boards, 5 to's, looking very soft while he did it. I know he was saddled with fouls, but when you have three players with anything resembling size, and one of them is getting continually knocked around, that's frustrating.

If Thomas isn't clicking, there are other guys who can pick up his slack on the offensive end (Wilcox and Gaddy have been really solid thus far) if they need to, but when up against a big team (which they won't see much of this year) they absolutely have to have play underneath and they didn't get it from MBA.

Close game, I'm sure both teams will be around the second weekend in March.

now instead of being pissed UW should have won what was a very winnable game against KU and being fired up that they actually are a top 10 type team this year and should give MSU all they can handle - ur backpeddling that UW maybe isn't that good?? waffle much?

Dude. If you must know, Washington is going to win the Pac-10, I'm thinking they have Final Four talent. I was really bummed that they lost the game last night. I've watched and analyzed every game they've played, I know their strengths because I've seen them annihilate their competition up to this point. And in their first game against a real opponent, and something very similar to what they'll see come mid-to-late March, I saw some things that I understand will be this team's shortcomings and what they need to work on if they want to get passed the barrier of the Sweet 16. There is no backpeddling and no waffling taking place. Just some mildly disappointed Husky fan stuck inside on another 25 degree day in lovely white Seattle with nothing better to do but nitpick about the most interesting thing he found from watching the game last evening.

The whole damn thing in that Knight gave the Huskies fits, not Overton and Thomas.

Alright, not getting super technical here, for non-Husky fans anyway, but it wasn't Isaiah Thomas....Matthew Bryan-Amaning 3-11 shooting, 2 boards, 5 to's, looking very soft while he did it. I know he was saddled with fouls, but when you have three players with anything resembling size, and one of them is getting continually knocked around, that's frustrating.

If Thomas isn't clicking, there are other guys who can pick up his slack on the offensive end (Wilcox and Gaddy have been really solid thus far) if they need to, but when up against a big team (which they won't see much of this year) they absolutely have to have play underneath and they didn't get it from MBA.

Close game, I'm sure both teams will be around the second weekend in March.

I disagree - Huskie's aren't beating the UK's and MSU of the college basketball world if Thomas doesn't show up- not gonna happen. Gaddy? garbage and a complete bust, he looked scared to be out there - as much of a loose cannon as he is, UW is better with Venoy on the floor.

I thought Holliday was great and did a nice job on Jones. Ndiaye was an absolute monster.

anyhoo, I really like this team to do some damage come tourney time. The Pac 10 is terrible this year, my Cats are #2 and really not that good, at least not yet.

Is this the college chivesball forum? :wacko:

Completely entertaining track meet of a game. Loves me some early season B-ball tourneys. I yelled so loud during the Bryan-Amaning dunk I scared my kid and he colored outside the lines and got all upset. :tup:

Too early to start calling final fours but Kentucky looked the part last night. Overton and Thomas did get outplayed but some of that is because Brandon Knight plays on a different level.

ETA: At half of the 3rd place Maui game, it looks like the dawgs are trying to make a bit of a statement here (of Mich St. is over-rated).

Edited by bushwacked

That was frustrating. Or will you jump down my throat for saying that too?

No, didn't want the Dawgs to go 1-2 in the Maui Waui, but they did. It's early but so far they look like a bunch of really good athletes, that can still get outplayed in guard play and guard smarts, that don't have an answer for physical play in the middle beyond a dood from Senegal that you hope might make a few blocks when Bryan-Amaning isn't living up to expectations on both sides of the floor.

ETA...they should right the ship in conference play, but the Dawgs got pretty much mentally and physically slapped, against legit teams, early on in the season.

Edited by bushwacked

. Gaddy? garbage and a complete bust...

Hahaha I wonder which team he spurned to go to UW? I'll again give you the benefit of the doubt for running your mouth before watching the actual sport, but Gaddy already has looked much improved. His body and confidence look extremely different. He already had all the tools and a beautiful stroke, just missing the confidence. By next year, Gaddy is the best point guard in the Pac-10, and one of the best pure point guards in the country.

Hahaha I wonder which team he spurned to go to UW? I'll again give you the benefit of the doubt for running your mouth before watching the actual sport, but Gaddy already has looked much improved. His body and confidence look extremely different. He already had all the tools and a beautiful stroke, just missing the confidence. By next year, Gaddy is the best point guard in the Pac-10, and one of the best pure point guards in the country.

well, if you consider "spurned" Gaddy de-committing after the Lute Olsen debacle and coaching uncertainy than go for it. The reality is the kid always wanted to go to UA, since they groom PG to be NBA-ready as well as any program in the country, but with the uncertainty with Lute and coaching issues/turnover they had- I don't blame him. Zona was his favorite team and UW was a very distant second that was more than fortunate to land him, get your facts straight one time, please.

Gaddy will never be an elite PG - he doesn't do anything well. He has below-average quickness for a PG, doesn't defend well and for all intents and purposes looks like a bust. UA has a ridiculous class coming in- and their frosh PG will be better than Gaddy next year.

Sean Miller is out-recruiting everyone on the west coast. I do agree tho- UW is very good this year and can do some damage come tourney time if they get their chit together on offense - not convinced Romar is the best x's and o's guy......

doesn't defend well

I'll agree with this. The kid doesn't move his feet well and guys are consistently penetrating past him? Frustrating at times but I will say that I see a change in his demeanor on the floor as he appears much more confident and his outside shot looks very much improved. This squad, IMO, is the deepest and most talented team UW has ever had and I think this is the year they reach the Final 4.