[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Bye Boise

neilfish2

Never worthy in the first place. Va Tech had em beat, and gave the game away. Never played a meaningful down of football in the 4th qtr since Sept, until tonight, and the Boise defense was gased,. Glad this sharade is over this season.

Auburn vs Oregon will be a helluva game.

TCU vs Wisky in the Rose bowl will also be a solid game

Boise can go back to the GMAC bowl, where they belong.

Never worthy in the first place. Va Tech had em beat, and gave the game away. Never played a meaningful down of football in the 4th qtr since Sept, until tonight, and the Boise defense was gased,. Glad this sharade is over this season.

Boise can go back to the GMAC bowl, where they belong.

Wonder who ESPN will jump on next since the love with Boise is over with

Hey, my team may lose #3 tomorrow night. Not elitist at all. Just knew a fraud when I saw one from day 1.

You did watch the game right? Or at least saw the final score? The letters "O" and "T" that you keep seeing means that it was an OVERTIME loss.

Btw, their PK missed two chip shots. The first of which would have won the game in regulation.

Just knew a fraud when I saw one from day 1.

Yep, you knew it all the time :wacko:

Even when that "fraud" embarrassed your Sooners in 07 :tup:

On a serious note, a very tough loss for Boise State. Had to feel for those kids on the trip home, especially the kicker who handed the victory to Nevada. The Wolfpack played great and have had a tremendous year with only 1 loss. It looks like if the Ducks survive the "Civil War" in Corvallis we might get the NC game we've all wanted. Although the best team in college football, because of their defense, might be TCU.

Edited by theprofessor

Yep, you knew it all the time :wacko:

Even when that "fraud" embarrassed your Sooners in 07 :tup:

On a serious note, a very tough loss for Boise State. Had to feel for those kids on the trip home, especially the kicker who handed the victory to Nevada. The Wolfpack played great and have had a tremendous year with only 1 loss. It looks like if the Ducks survive the "Civil War" in Corvallis we might get the NC game we've all wanted. Although the best team in college football, because of their defense, might be TCU.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kicker who'll now basically have to disappear from Boise and change his name. I mean, make the freaking kick, but he's just a kid, playing a game, and now he's got a tremendous weight to carry for a long time.

What a game though. What a last 5 minutes of regulation. That throw and catch that set up the first missed chip shot was crazy.

Nevada took BSU's early punches and just kept coming at them. I didn't realize what an impressive senior duo the QB and RB for Nevada were (apparently they lead the NCAA in combined career rushing or something like that and the QB is like the 1st to pass for over 2000 and rush for over 1000 in four consecutive years. Something like that).

Well, too bad for Boise.

What an entertaining game and finish that was. It is easy to now say "Boise was a fraud". I disagree with that statement. Boise is an extremely talented team. First off, Nevada is better than most give them credit for. Second, Boise had an off night on the road, which has happened to every team in the country. Finally, their kicker missed 2 chipshots, one of which would have won the game. I still believe that Boise gives Oregon or Auburn all they can handle on a neutral field.

Again, that was a great game to watch. :wacko:

What an entertaining game and finish that was. It is easy to now say "Boise was a fraud". I disagree with that statement. Boise is an extremely talented team. First off, Nevada is better than most give them credit for. Second, Boise had an off night on the road, which has happened to every team in the country. Finally, their kicker missed 2 chipshots, one of which would have won the game. I still believe that Boise gives Oregon or Auburn all they can handle on a neutral field.

Again, that was a great game to watch. :wacko:

And, as I have asserted all along, if Boise State plays in a major conference--no way do they go undefeated and no way do they roll teams week after week. BSU has only had a couple of tests this season.

Auburn has played South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, and will have to play South Carolina again. Does anyone really believe that BSU gets through that schedule?

Everyone knows my feelings about Boise, but that is a tough way to go out. But you know, the L is for Boise, not for the kicker. It's easy to look back and blame the kicker, but you jumped all over Nevada and couldn't hold a lead. That certainly isn't on the kicker. Give Nevada credit for fighting back. Oregon and Auburn both got punched in the mouth and responded. Nevada responded as well.

Everyone knows my feelings about Boise, but that is a tough way to go out. But you know, the L is for Boise, not for the kicker. It's easy to look back and blame the kicker, but you jumped all over Nevada and couldn't hold a lead. That certainly isn't on the kicker. Give Nevada credit for fighting back. Oregon and Auburn both got punched in the mouth and responded. Nevada responded as well.

Yep. And I'm sure that's how the coach and QB will explain it. But, unfortunately, that's not going to mean dick to the kicker himself.

Yep. And I'm sure that's how the coach and QB will explain it. But, unfortunately, that's not going to mean dick to the kicker himself.

Absolutely. I'm sure the kicker feels awful. I'm specifically referring to the kneejerk fans that ALWAYS point to missed fg's or some late calls that didn't go their way, or whatever, all the while completely overlooking the other 58 minutes (or more) of the game. Very much like that Miami-Ohio State National Championship game. Cryami fans talk about the PI in OT, overlooking the fact that A. They were massively favored in this game and were outplayed most of the game and B. A blatant PI that WASN'T called on them in Regulation, where Ohio State could've ran the clock out and overtime wouldn't have been an issue.

And, as I have asserted all along, if Boise State plays in a major conference--no way do they go undefeated and no way do they roll teams week after week. BSU has only had a couple of tests this season.

Auburn has played South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, and will have to play South Carolina again. Does anyone really believe that BSU gets through that schedule?

It's obvious the Boise loss helps TCU initially, but I wonder if next week should Oregon drops a game if the Bronco's loss will have many questioning the legitimacy of TCU's 12-0 record. I know it would me. Right now no big deal since it looks like it will be Oregon vs Auburn for all the marbles, but what IF?

It's obvious the Boise loss helps TCU initially, but I wonder if next week should Oregon drops a game if the Bronco's loss will have many questioning the legitimacy of TCU's 12-0 record. I know it would me. Right now no big deal since it looks like it will be Oregon vs Auburn for all the marbles, but what IF?

First off, what do they have to do with each other? BSU and TCU are not in the same conference. Secondly, could it possibly be that Nevada is simply a good team? They did hang 52 on a Cal team that held Oregon to 15. Not saying that BSU lost to a great team or anything. But the Nevada team that I watched last night looked good enough to take it to anyone who didn't bring their A-game. And besides the normally stout D missing tackles and not getting off the field, missing two FGs inside 30 yards, one to win the game, at very least qualifies this effort from BSU as not being an "A-game" effort.

I mean, this is college football after all. I've certainly seen bigger upsets.

First off, what do they have to do with each other? BSU and TCU are not in the same conference. Secondly, could it possibly be that Nevada is simply a good team? They did hang 52 on a Cal team that held Oregon to 15. Not saying that BSU lost to a great team or anything. But the Nevada team that I watched last night looked good enough to take it to anyone who didn't bring their A-game. And besides the normally stout D missing tackles and not getting off the field, missing two FGs inside 30 yards, one to win the game, at very least qualifies this effort from BSU as not being an "A-game" effort.

I mean, this is college football after all. I've certainly seen bigger upsets.

But when a team only has to bring their "A-game" maybe twice the entire regular season, I believe it means something that they didn't on one of those two occasions.

TCU is heading to Pasadena. They should be thrilled with that. Tournament of Roses probably isn't, but TCU should be. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. I already had my pre-disposed thoughts on Boise and TCU. Boise's loss to Nevada didn't change my view of the situation one way or another. I've been consistent about these mid-majors all year long.

I will say though, how rough it must be on ESPN to have to find a new bandwagon to jump on. Who's it going to be?

Absolutely. I'm sure the kicker feels awful. I'm specifically referring to the kneejerk fans that ALWAYS point to missed fg's or some late calls that didn't go their way, or whatever, all the while completely overlooking the other 58 minutes (or more) of the game. Very much like that Miami-Ohio State National Championship game. Cryami fans talk about the PI in OT, overlooking the fact that A. They were massively favored in this game and were outplayed most of the game and B. A blatant PI that WASN'T called on them in Regulation, where Ohio State could've ran the clock out and overtime wouldn't have been an issue.

I agree, that Boise Defence hasn't played in the 4th Qtr. all season - and I think it came back to haunt them. They looked tired.

I'm not sure this was a big upset. That's my point.

Funny, I thought that your point (and everyone elses) was that they played in a crappy conference. But they just lost to a team in their conference whose only loss is to another in their conference. So this hardly supports that whole theory. At least nowhere near enough to somehow change the opinion about another team who also plays in a non AQ conference. Now had BSU lost last night to a middle of the pack BCS school, then at least you'd have a point. Well you wouldn't have a point about TCU, but you'd at least be able to say the WACs best can't hang with the BCS schools.

As for Steve: BSU failed to get up for one of the two games against a very good team that it played this year. And because of that, they deserve nothing more than a 2nd tier bowl. This year. That's it. See, because they play against so few top teams (but not as much less as some would want us to believe) they were doomed to be behind every undefeated team from a BCS conference. They could have run the table and still been left out. It's been that way every year since 1984. So it seems like you guys are complaining about something that never happens.

Edited by detlef

meh...my main complaint is that there are no playoffs in place. BSU cannot consistently recruit the athletes the major conferences can because they don't get to play for a BCS NC. If there was a playoff system in place, BSU would be able to recruit better athletes (consistently) because the athletes would know that they would have a real chance to play for a NC.

As the system is, if Auburn had lost in O.T. yesterday (or on a late fg) and BSU had won in OT (or on a late fg), there was a strong likelihood that BSU would have been playing Oregon for the BCS NC. I know it didn't happen but the fact that it almost did is problematic for me.

Sorry detlef, Nevada winning doesn't do anything in making someones perception change about the WAC as a whole. Nevada is a good team (not a great team by anyones definition) and even people such as myself acknowledged that it would be one of BSU's only quality opponents all year long. The conference is littered with some of the absolute worst most putrid teams in all of FBS.

Sorry detlef, Nevada winning doesn't do anything in making someones perception change about the WAC as a whole. Nevada is a good team (not a great team by anyones definition) and even people such as myself acknowledged that it would be one of BSU's only quality opponents all year long. The conference is littered with some of the absolute worst most putrid teams in all of FBS.

That's not my point. My point is that it certainly doesn't hurt the WAC's rep. After all, Rocker was trying to base some case against TCU on the fact that BSU lost to a division rival in OT. And that's just stupid because it's a net zero sum. It's like when Rocker was trying to discredit the Pac 10 because USC lost badly to OSU. Somehow, SEC teams beating up on each other proves what a murderer's row the SEC is. But other schools losing to other schools in their conference means their conferences must suck.

That's not my point. My point is that it certainly doesn't hurt the WAC's rep. After all, Rocker was trying to base some case against TCU on the fact that BSU lost to a division rival in OT. And that's just stupid because it's a net zero sum. It's like when Rocker was trying to discredit the Pac 10 because USC lost badly to OSU. Somehow, SEC teams beating up on each other proves what a murderer's row the SEC is. But other schools losing to other schools in their conference means their conferences must suck.

And my point is, that as far as I'm concerned the WAC is exactly the same as it was last week. I think we're on the same page this time around somehow. I agree with you in regards to the SEC and Pac 10 argument.

WAC was a horrible conference last week, and it's a horrible conference this week to, however.