[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Walking Dead on AMC

montster

Its a good show. The Wench and I put it on one evening (netflix) and didn't turn in until we finished it. Above and beyond the zombies, there are a lot of areas where you need to suspend disblelief, simple things like human nature, but its pretty exciting, entertaining and tense all the same.

I like the idea of zombie movies, but zombies are such a silly idea that it is hard to pull off. 28 Days later and Shawn of the Dead are the only zombie movie I have seen to date that I feel haven't personally flipped me off. 28 Days later because they asked themselves the simple question of "why?" and Shawn of the Dead because it knew exactly what it was.

Its a good show, but I hope they put a little thought into the "why?" of things. You lose all subtly to drama and suspense the moment cause and effect go out the window.

And yet a level 40 Paladin with a vorpal sword is completely believable? :wacko:

Nah, I hear ya

I recently watched it on Blu-ray as someone left it at my house for a few months and I never got around to watching....pretty good show overall as I accept it for what it is and I'm not part of the zombie cult...it was still enjoyable...

I hope season 2 rolls around October and that there will be more episodes than 6 this time....same thing happened with the Spartacus: Gods of the Arena pre-quel...6 episodes ::wacko:....great season, but 6 episodes...really?

13 episodes this season!

The heard of zombies part was really good, but then I thought the episode took a turn for the (boredom) worse as they started to search for the girl.

yeah, coulda used some editing on the second half. all in all, this is now a show I am sort of 'meh' about, but it has enough good moments and cheap thrills to keep me tuning in.

So I was watching the rerun. The supposed experienced woodsman takes his crossbow, loaded, and slings it over his shoulder with the arrow, or is it a bolt, pointing straight up his back into his brain stem. It kind of ruined the illusion of his experience, at least for me. Of course his fighting stance with his knife as he approached the tent had already made me laugh out loud so there was not much illusion to ruin.

I have always wondered how zombie eyes and noses seem to not rot while the flesh around them does. It is nice for them that they seem to keep their senses. It is wierd because in all other corpses the eyes are about the first thing to go.

what an fn snoozefest that was. Well done, the somehow turned a great series into this pile of garbage. I had to FF through the bed-scenes, and I almost spit out my oktoberfest beer when the chick came through on the horse to save the day. This park in the middle of a highway run off into the woods and stumble into a magic, invisible family with a makeshift doctor is a bit much to take.

Just lame all around. So many good shows manage to jump the shark after a little success, AMC managed to ruin this one after 1 season.

terrible first 2 episodes IMO.

I'm am at a complete loss to explain why the survivors don't load up on guns and ammo at every opportunity. There's just layin' around the CDC and other places. A roof-mounted M-60 or two on the RV would, at the very minimum, open up the opportunity for the kind of action scene people actually want to see - mowin' down zombies fully auto.

Is there anyone who is still watching the show who wouldn't just LOVE to see a scene like that?

I'm getting a little tired of the melodrama. It's one thing to go with a missing kid in the first episode, but then to go with the mortally wounded kid in the next episode is lazy. Maybe they will introduce a third kid and have something happen to him. The show is supposed to be about zombie attacks, not the dangers of failing to wear bright orange vests around deer hunters.

Frank Darabont, who headed up the show's first season, was booted off for the second season, and everyone insisted it wouldn't affect anything. Obviously, it has. I also think that having 13 episodes this season means a lot more "getting to know the characters." Lame.

mostly agree with the other criticism, and I'm just not buying the pristine farm in the middle of nowhere with no apparent geographical defenses never having been overrun by zombies. maybe the show comes up with some explanation for that, I dunno. but yeah, the kid getting shot by the deer hunter was just plain corny.

I'm ok with the farm. It stands to reason that the further you move away from metropolitan areas, the fewer zombies you will see. I also think (this is my own pet theory) that the zombies will tend to stick around the place where they were infected (you know ... reduced brain capacity and all), which is why they tend to congregate in cities, on highways, and large buildings.

I agree that, given the amount of time they had to write the second season, a lost child and a shot child are both pretty lame story lines. Even more lame that they continue unresolved and are just stacking up at this point. How many does that make now? The father and son from the first episode who share the walkie-talkie; the country bumpkin who cut off his own hand ... now the daughter and the son.

I'm holding out hope that the series was designed to coincide with a kick-ass episode the night before halloween.

I was OK with the first episode this season, but last Sunday's was painful. I was also hitting the FF button quite a few times. I did see an interview with the show's creators who talked about zombies having some kind of instinct to stick to packs. Like has been mentioned, an area with low population would make it hard to start a pack.

I'm ok with the farm. It stands to reason that the further you move away from metropolitan areas, the fewer zombies you will see. I also think (this is my own pet theory) that the zombies will tend to stick around the place where they were infected (you know ... reduced brain capacity and all), which is why they tend to congregate in cities, on highways, and large buildings.

I was OK with the first episode this season, but last Sunday's was painful. I was also hitting the FF button quite a few times. I did see an interview with the show's creators who talked about zombies having some kind of instinct to stick to packs. Like has been mentioned, an area with low population would make it hard to start a pack.

a few points:

- there was a hugh pack of hundreds of zombies 5 miles away at the high school, as well as the big herd that went by on the nearby interstate

- they've run across several lone zombies in the woods nearby

- their old "base" was that old mine or whatever that was isolated and had extensive natural defenses. even that got overrun.

I just feel like, when you introduce a new group of people, there has to be some sort of compelling story of how they made it so long. you've had that with all the new characters introduced so far.

Zombie apocalypse falls under a broader genre known as post apocalyptic/apocalypic/Dystopian society fiction which has a very large appeal. What makes it so appealing is that it gives us, the viewers or readers, the willies for several reasons.

I disagree, I think the reason that people like zombie shows is deep down there is a part of all of us that want to grab a bat and bash the brains out of someone (either someone specific or just anyone). I think this was highlighted by the abused woman in season one that says it is her job to dispatch her dead (but not yet reanimated) husband. Then she ends up just join off big time on him.

I think there is part of us that relishes the thought of a world full of targets. Stuck in traffic, start popping people, stuck in line behind someone that can't decide what they want, screw drive into the brain pan, and bam your at the front of the line.

I do not do TV shows, I just hate committing myself something that only comes around once a week and nothing gets resolved. However, I am stuck on Walking Dead, I guess I am just a sucker for the Post Apocalyptic world (there is a list of Post Apocalyptic America books on Wiki, one of these days I am going to read the whole list).

There is one thing that has bothered me since last season, and I wonder if anyone else thought about it. The Redneck keeps shooting walkers with his crossbow and then retrieves the bolts. In the first episode we shots one of the gang members in the arse, shouldn't this have infected the gang banger?

• 2 weeks later...
How did Jabba the Hut's baby fall in the well?

The farmer and his daughter must know the guy in the well. However, the daughter directed them to that particular well, so either she knew the guy was in there and hoped they would decide to get him out, or she didn't know and that's why it affected her so much when they did pull him out.

Needz moar zombies. Or at least go to HBO so we can see the farmer's daughters ta-tas.

I agree that this season has become a lot like a soap.

She's pretty damn hot.

I thought things were headed in the right direction last week with Shane's escape from the high school and how he offed the other guy. But between the girl who's still lost, the mopey mom, the recovering kid, the house that absolutely no zombies ever attack and now the stupid pregnancy, this show is going downhill fast.

I thought things were headed in the right direction last week with Shane's escape from the high school and how he offed the other guy. But between the girl who's still lost, the mopey mom, the recovering kid, the house that absolutely no zombies ever attack and now the stupid pregnancy, this show is going downhill fast.

yeah, I was about to say, they got my hopes back up last week. then this week was just all kinds of stupid.

The farmer and his daughter must know the guy in the well. However, the daughter directed them to that particular well, so either she knew the guy was in there and hoped they would decide to get him out, or she didn't know and that's why it affected her so much when they did pull him out.

She's pretty damn hot.

We thought last year the cdc guy whispered she was pregnant. But now I'm thinking it must be a different secret...