[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Walking Dead on AMC

montster

The show is supposed to be about zombie attacks,

No, it's not. It's about the survivors, and how they act/react towards eachother after virtually everyone is wiped out. The zombies are just a backdrop as per the comics, in which the show is based upon.

No, it's not. It's about the survivors, and how they act/react towards eachother after virtually everyone is wiped out. The zombies are just a backdrop as per the comics, in which the show is based upon.

OK, I'll rephrase. I believe the show is at its best when the survivors are faced with the constant imminent threat of being attacked by zombies. Good stories need conflict. Last season, that conflict centered on the living vs the dead, and the survivors vs one another. What do we have this season? Let's see: a missing child, a wounded child, a mopey mom and a pregnancy where we're left to guess who the baby daddy is. This show was fun when the survivors were on the run, because there was tension. Where's the tension when they're on a remote farm where the biggest zombie-related problem is how to properly fish one out of a well?

....this show is going downhill fast.

Downhill might be an improvement over the "nowhere" it's currently going.

Geez, get some forward motion in this f'in plot.

This. This week things pick up. Hopefully the one armed badass starts wrecking everyone.

so dr. horsenstein is secretly working on a cure for zombie to save his beloved bride (how horribly cliched), and they're still looking for the girl I can't even vaguely remember from the first season. :wacko:

Don't forget the part where shooting guns made the blonde so hot and horny that she reached out and grabbed the nearest non-zombie c0ck she could find.

Someone tell me this is worth watching beyond the 3rd episode. I love me a good post-apocalypse story, even better with Zombies...but the writing has to improve at some point, doesn't it? Maybe I've been spoiled by Mad Men and Breaking Bad, but it seems that most of these characters are pretty one-dimensional. The dialogue between the characters leaves a lot to be desired.

And I just don't find some of the people's actions all that believable (riding into the big city on the back of a horse right in the open? Really? Wearing a face shield when you chop up the zombie's guts but shooting these guys at point blank range with short sleeves and no face guard?)

Tell me it gets better - because I'm digging the special effects and camera work.

Don't forget the part where shooting guns made the blonde so hot and horny that she reached out and grabbed the nearest non-zombie c0ck she could find.

It's been a while since I've been to a gun range or taken training. But that 'training scene' where they're all lined up shooting bottles is a perfect example of how isulated Hollywood can be, as something so simple is so clearly not how it supposed to be.

"Hey, stick a gun in your belt and stand in the background."

Terrible.

And that girl is in the barn.

Edited by Pope Flick

Just watched the pilot episode on Netflix. I'll have to watch a few more episiodes just for the zombie slaying scenes...

First couple episodes are pretty good then it tanked hard. I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see if it becomes watchable again because the premise should be good.

Someone tell me this is worth watching beyond the 3rd episode. I love me a good post-apocalypse story, even better with Zombies...but the writing has to improve at some point, doesn't it? Maybe I've been spoiled by Mad Men and Breaking Bad, but it seems that most of these characters are pretty one-dimensional. The dialogue between the characters leaves a lot to be desired.

And I just don't find some of the people's actions all that believable (riding into the big city on the back of a horse right in the open? Really? Wearing a face shield when you chop up the zombie's guts but shooting these guys at point blank range with short sleeves and no face guard?)

Tell me it gets better - because I'm digging the special effects and camera work.

Nah, the premise is solid, and they do a great job when they have an action setpiece, but this show is utterly frustrating. Basically, little character development, a limpid love triangle at the heart of the show, and wildly inconsistent zombie "rules."

They do just enough right to keep me coming back and complaining about how much better the show could be, in essence. I know some people have given up on it.

It's been a while since I've been to a gun range or taken training. But that 'training scene' where they're all lined up shooting bottles is a perfect example of how isulated Hollywood can be, as something so simple is so clearly not how it supposed to be.

"Hey, stick a gun in your belt and stand in the background."

Terrible.

And that girl is in the barn.

Winner!