[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Walking Dead on AMC

montster

Half joke, half snark as in - 'where else could she be after 3 episodes?' Which is, of course, lamely predictable. So who knew she was there? The farm owner or Otis the fat guy Shane shot?

Clearly the farmer knew "a" girl was in the barn, but hard to say if he knew she was the one our group was searching for. Still, pretty chivesy letting them tromp off into the wilderness, risking life and limb, and not mentioning that they found a fresh little zombie girl recently. Curious that Monster didn't see her when he was in the hay loft trying to bone the farmer's daughter.

Edited by yo mama

Clearly the farmer knew "a" girl was in the barn, but hard to say if he knew she was the one our group was searching for. Still, pretty chivesy letting them tromp off into the wilderness, risking life and limb, and not mentioning that they found a fresh little zombie girl recently. Curious that Monster didn't see her when he was in the hay loft trying to bone the farmer's daughter.

Well, it's going to be more lazy writing if the "how long did you have her?" question is asked and answered.

I think Hershel was keeping it secret because he knew that what happened at the end was what would happen if they found out about the barn.

At first, perhaps. But once the undead cat was out of the bag on the barn full o' zombies? Uncool.

That would be a pretty rough conversation - "YOU'VE GOT ZOMBIES IN THE BARN?" "Um yeah. BTW one of them might be the girl a couple of you almost died looking for too."

it didn't occur to me until pope said it, but as soon as he said it it seemed obvious that's where that storyline was going.

Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed how obvious that was after someone else pointed it out.

I read an article that said a piece of dialogue (I must have missed) that had Herschel telling Rick it was Otis' job to do the wrangling as the were rescuing the zombie farmers from the creek... whatever at this point...

Just watched it, and Herschel did say it was Otis' job to wrangle the zombies. From the earlier scenes (like where Otis' wife breaks the chicken's legs to feed the zombies), it seems everyone else "cared" for the zombies, so maybe Herschel didn't know who was in the barn. Still, someone knew. Then again, my character, the Confucius-like Glenn, did say that "secrets get you killed."

• 2 months later...
I read an article that said a piece of dialogue (I must have missed) that had Herschel telling Rick it was Otis' job to do the wrangling as the were rescuing the zombie farmers from the creek... whatever at this point...

If you're still watching, MORE lazy writing by manufacturing

an injured wife in a car wreck situation.

Gah, this show drives you to drink - great premise and does just enough interesting to keep you coming back despite the stupid.

Edited by Chavez

If you're still watching, MORE lazy writing by manufacturing an injured wife in a car wreck situation.

Gah, this show drives you to drink - great premise and does just enough interesting to keep you coming back despite the stupid.

I couldn't believe it.

"I'm going to get Herschel and will be back with him as soon as possible."

10 minutes later: "Rick needs to know he has to get back here as soon as possible. I'm going."

So lame.

I couldn't believe it.

"I'm going to get Herschel and will be back with him as soon as possible."

10 minutes later: "Rick needs to know he has to get back here as soon as possible. I'm going."

So lame.

Not to mention the thought of

"IT'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR YOU AND GLENN TO GO" to the switch to "oh, can someone else go off by himself to make them come back more quickly than the as quickly as possible they were already going to do?"

It's not even spoiler quality so I ask, two torches to touch off one fire?

Oh, and what is with the wife braking before whacking the zombie, slowing down to a relative crawl, and then the car speeding up enough to go Dikes of Hazard? Right before the jump the brake lights are off and they come on again once airborn. Are we to believe she hit the brakes, stopped braking, and then started again. Poor continuity editing.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I thought this episode was much better than the last 6.

I agree. yeah you can quibble with

preggo going out after rick with no real reason to go and right after arguing it was too dangerous for HIM to go as lazy a plot device, but I was buying it as a sort of irrational overreaction to feeling powerless. my only real gripe with this episode is that they killed off the guy from terriers way too soon...good actor, coulda made a great character, and they give him one scene. :wacko: still, that interlude, that brutal little dose of the outside world, was the best thing in this show in quite a while.

I agree. yeah you can quibble with

preggo going out after rick with no real reason to go and right after arguing it was too dangerous for HIM to go as lazy a plot device, but I was buying it as a sort of irrational overreaction to feeling powerless. my only real gripe with this episode is that they killed off the guy from terriers way too soon...good actor, coulda made a great character, and they give him one scene. :wacko: still, that interlude, that brutal little dose of the outside world, was the best thing in this show in quite a while.

Agreed. That was a really, really great scene.

The car wreck did drag down what I thought was a good overall episode. It seemed so unnecessary.

Rick took back the leadership role of the group after Shane's psych moment.

Agree, the dose of the outside world where Rick went Dirty Harry on those two punks in the bar was needed big time. They were scoping out Rick, Glenn and Hershel big time and they knew it.

What's the deal with the woman who collapsed while working in the kitchen? She was the one the mom walker attacked, right? Can the walkers transmit that disease by touch without biting? :wacko:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

What's the deal with the woman who collapsed while working in the kitchen? She was the one the mom walker attacked, right? Can the walkers transmit that disease by touch without biting? :wacko:

yeah, I assume she is infected somehow, and will probably get one or two others before they figure it out. pretty silly to think her being infected wouldn't occur to the characters, though.

yeah, I assume she is infected somehow, and will probably get one or two others before they figure it out. pretty silly to think her being infected wouldn't occur to the characters, though.

I thought the same.

Well, the characters on the show tend to be f*cking idiots.

Let's put it this way - after the close encounter, I'd have had someone give her a close once-over. After she collapsed, it would be time for a THOROUGH twice-over.