[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Walking Dead on AMC

montster

my only question is why not shoot Shane when you had the chance...why take the chance that he doenst shoot you when you get close enough to stab him...isn't shooting him more sure than stabbing him?

Had to do in this manner to show Rick as the quintessential good guy who once again gave his old friend Shane a chance to move on.

Can someone clear something up?

Whilst bound in the school parking lot, I thought that Randall said something to the effect that he knew Maggie, but barely. Was it ever established that Randall knew where Maggie lived?

Whilst bound in the school parking lot, I thought that Randall said something to the effect that he knew Maggie, but barely. Was it ever established that Randall knew where Maggie lived?

Unknown, and it's one of the lines that reveals plot holes: if he was bound and blindfolded coming onto the farm, and they stashed him in the barn then how would he know about Maggie? Without a scene where he sees her it's kind of a bs line thrown in without thought.

Kinda like that girl who went into a coma, and Maggie was bitching her out and mentioned that teen boy on the farm (who hasn't spoken in 5 episodes) was her boyfriend. :huh: Way to stay with your girl while she's catatonic, big guy. Where did that come from, and why even include it? It's moving along but is still really sloppy.

I thought Randall had said that he basically had a huge crush on Maggie but that she barely knew he existed (and thus may not have been able to confirm that they went to the same school). I don't think it was established that he knew where the farm was, but Shane was assuming he did, which was one reason he wanted to kill him.

Unknown, and it's one of the lines that reveals plot holes: if he was bound and blindfolded coming onto the farm, and they stashed him in the barn then how would he know about Maggie? Without a scene where he sees her it's kind of a bs line thrown in without thought.

Kinda like that girl who went into a coma, and Maggie was bitching her out and mentioned that teen boy on the farm (who hasn't spoken in 5 episodes) was her boyfriend. :huh: Way to stay with your girl while she's catatonic, big guy. Where did that come from, and why even include it? It's moving along but is still really sloppy.

Randall said he knew Maggie and her family - Hershel was the town vet in a small area, so I'd say it's pretty likely that when Hershel was working on his leg, he recognized him.

Of course, if the population of the town is in the ballpark, the HS would have only had a couple hundred kids or so, so it would be pretty tough for her to have no idea who he was.

Randall said he knew Maggie and her family - Hershel was the town vet in a small area, so I'd say it's pretty likely that when Hershel was working on his leg, he recognized him.

Of course, if the population of the town is in the ballpark, the HS would have only had a couple hundred kids or so, so it would be pretty tough for her to have no idea who he was.

Just show it. His knowledge was a major plot point and it went completely I established, as it they got to that point in the story and decided to make something up.

What makes it more perplexing is the ending last night was beautilfully setup with the conversation wih Lori where she mind SNICKERSed Shane with her apology and statement about the baby. Clearly that was what set him back on the path to try to be their protector.

I get that. But knowing someone and knowing where they live are different things. In that situation, maybe you have to presume that Randall knows. It just seems to me that you might make an effort to ascertain that if you're thinking about whacking him. :shrug:

I get that. But knowing someone and knowing where they live are different things. In that situation, maybe you have to presume that Randall knows. It just seems to me that you might make an effort to ascertain that if you're thinking about whacking him. :shrug:

See, there you go thinking logically again.

Not that I disagree - whether or not he's lying could have been solved by looking through Maggie's HS yearbook. Even then, just because he knows them, it doesn't mean he is or isn't a bad dude. That was left very much up in the air - some might say he was all "yeah, you'll love it!" when Shane wanted to join, but that could've simply been a "I'M GONNA LIVE" moment of getting Shane on his side, or it could've been what he actually thought.

As to where they live - he may not know EXACTLY where they live, but he probably has an idea of the general vicinity, and with 30 guys looking for activity, it wouldn't take long to find them.

Edited by Chavez

Jeebus guys, it's a zombie monster show and it has improved dramatically during the 2nd half of the season. I didn't watch Inglorious Basturds to focus on the historical inaccuracies. :lol:

Well now that's not really relevant: a shows internal logic is important, but I guess you'd like it if Lucky the Leprechaun came traipsing through he show offering cereal you'd be fine with it. :shrug:

Jeebus guys, it's a zombie monster show and it has improved dramatically during the 2nd half of the season. I didn't watch Inglorious Basturds to focus on the historical inaccuracies. :lol:

Well, I guess if you watch it as a zombie hack and slash, it doesn't matter. But this is a show about people and the decisions that they make. As I see it, this show in particular prompts us (some of us anyway) to question what we would do in that type of situation. (At least something outside of "I'd run on down to Gander Moutain and get me all the shotguns and shells that I could carry.")

I think that the execution of person, particularly when it would be based upon what he could do rather than something he did, was the most significant decision that they have faced. And I'm thinking that before I'd put a cap in his ass, I would assess the probability of whether he knew the location of the farm.

I didn't really relate to Brad Pitt's and the other interesting, but ridiculous, characters in Basterds.

Well, I guess if you watch it as a zombie hack and slash, it doesn't matter. But this is a show about people and the decisions that they make. As I see it, this show in particular prompts us (some of us anyway) to question what we would do in that type of situation. (At least something outside of "I'd run on down to Gander Moutain and get me all the shotguns and shells that I could carry.")

I think that the execution of person, particularly when it would be based upon what he could do rather than something he did, was the most significant decision that they have faced. And I'm thinking that before I'd put a cap in his ass, I would assess the probability of whether he knew the location of the farm.

I didn't really relate to Brad Pitt's and the other interesting, but ridiculous, characters in Basterds.

This next week these characters are going to wish they had run on down to Gander Mountain, or better yet their local John Deer or International Harverster store. A threshing machine or a combine would come in mighty handy when the herd arrives. Of course they could accomplish the ame thing with a half dozen strands of barbed wire or bailing wire strecthed out between two pickups driven in tandem 15 yards apart in a swath or two right through that heard.

Randall said he knew Maggie and her family - Hershel was the town vet in a small area, so I'd say it's pretty likely that when Hershel was working on his leg, he recognized him. Of course, if the population of the town is in the ballpark, the HS would have only had a couple hundred kids or so, so it would be pretty tough for her to have no idea who he was.
Just show it. His knowledge was a major plot point and it went completely I established, as it they got to that point in the story and decided to make something up. What makes it more perplexing is the ending last night was beautilfully setup with the conversation wih Lori where she mind SNICKERSed Shane with her apology and statement about the baby. Clearly that was what set him back on the path to try to be their protector.
I dunno, I don't really see any of this as a problem. to me, the fact that he recognized herschel and knew maggie established all it needed to establish -- that he was a local who almost certainly would know exactly where his group was and also knew where to find the farm. this adds a very real and tangible element of foreboding and danger as to what might happen if he managed to escape and reconnect with his group. that's what that element established, and as far as I can tell that's all it was meant to establish. :shrug: Edited by Azazello1313

This next week these characters are going to wish they had run on down to Gander Mountain, or better yet their local John Deer or International Harverster store. A threshing machine or a combine would come in mighty handy when the herd arrives. Of course they could accomplish the ame thing with a half dozen strands of barbed wire or bailing wire strecthed out between two pickups driven in tandem 15 yards apart in a swath or two right through that heard.

You might have something there. I bet there's never been a scene in history where a zombie herd was wiped out by a combine. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks I needed that belly laugh.

Last two epsisode's have been the best of the season... Some things that you could never see coming and some thought provoking plots.

Agree.

I wonder how Rick and son explain what happened to Shane? Of course with the zombie hoard approaching, they might be off the hook on that for now.

Here is my assessment of how the next episode will unfold:

Rick and Carl do not have enough time to run back to the farm house (seen in the background after Zombie-Shane is killed) and they are left with no option but to climb up to that observation stand that Shane made.

The rest of the people get trapped in the house and cannot get out to Rick and Carl

That would pretty much be the season final and I predict that when the new season starts, we'll be treated to a regalling of "Kujo" from the perspective of being trapped without water/food for days for Rick and Carl.

Ok. They tramp around in the woods for a long ass time and see ZERO walkers.

Shane gets shot, and there is a SNICKERSing thousand walkers that just happen to be a few hundred yards away? :smash: c'mon maaaaan. That is some weak ish.

Hershel had mentioned that they would probably have more Zombies now that the swamps had dried up and they needed to be prepared since there were so many cattle etc... that would attract the Zombies.

Hershel had mentioned that they would probably have more Zombies now that the swamps had dried up and they needed to be prepared since there were so many cattle etc... that would attract the Zombies.

I remember that. That doesn't explain Shane Rick. Daryl and Glenn trimming around the same night and seeing absolutely no walkers, but hundreds bust out if the woods after the Shane incident. Wouldn't they have seen at least a few? The snapshot of the walkers was a LOT.

True... but it could be a "herd" just like the one they encountered on the highway on the way out of Atlanta. I've walked around the woods for a week and not seen an animal while hunting and then see hundreds in one fell swoop. So not to unbelievable to me.