[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Climal Warmging Thread?

McBoog

You can tell them you aren't bright enough to present it. :tup: If they know you, I'm sure it's one thing you say that they will believe... :wacko: (Just poking - I'm so tired of this flipping debate I don't even enjoy it anymore.)

I think I'll place a statement or question on the uppermost part of a graphic before presenting the reply and/or answer. :tup:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

six pages later

:lol:

I am not allowed to come and play at least a few times a year? :wacko:

What was supposed to be an ironic :tup: thread, it seems to have taken legs and opened old boo-boos. :lol:

I had to stay. It is like watching a train wreck. You have to watch, but feel soiled doing so. :lol:

The one thing I do know is that NOTHING has changed here and I haven't been missing much. :tup:

That is part of Science. :tup:

If you are serious with this, you are clearly too ignorant to meaningfully engage in just about any real discussion related to science and the methods used.

I hope you are not charging for your presentation. That is scary! :wacko:

six pages later

:wacko:

I think this is the first time I've seen someone take there own bait. :tup:

If you are serious with this, you are clearly too ignorant to meaningfully engage in just about any real discussion related to science and the methods used.

You think data, methodology, and establishing theories aren't part of the Scientific process? Yer a cartoon.

Edited by bushwacked

My favorite time of year: record highs have been set all over the globe this year, the arctic ice continues to recede and people show up when it snows in December, January and February making fun of global warming.

If it sprinkles in the Mojave does that mean it's no longer a desert?

My favorite time of year: record highs have been set all over the globe this year, the arctic ice continues to recede and people show up when it snows in December, January and February making fun of global warming.

If it sprinkles in the Mojave does that mean it's no longer a desert?

They are far too stupid to understand weather vs climate. At least in the taxation, economic and political threads there's an argument put forward by the right. On this subject, it's like discussing nuclear physics with a bunch of retarded baboons.

They are far too stupid to understand weather vs climate.

umm, are "record highs all over the globe this year" weather or climate? :tup::wacko:

umm, are "record highs all over the globe this year" weather or climate? :tup::wacko:

I'll clarify since yer playing dense.

No one came into the tailgate (to my knowledge) and posted this article and even offered it as proof of some type of global warming, much less a disturbing trend that's been going on for years. But when it snows in December, January or February all the skeptics come in and say it isn't happening, then make fun of the scientific process. :tup: Well done McBoob :lol:

And losing vast amounts of arctic ice year after year at a rate not seen before is climate, not weather.

I'll clarify since yer playing dense.

No one came into the tailgate (to my knowledge) and posted this article and even offered it as proof of some type of global warming, much less a disturbing trend that's been going on for years. But when it snows in December, January or February all the skeptics come in and say it isn't happening, then make fun of the scientific process. :wacko: Well done McBoob :tup:

And losing vast amounts of arctic ice year after year at a rate not seen before is climate, not weather.

I thought I saw somewhere that were losing arctic ice on the west side of the arctic, but it's building up on the East side. I'll see if I can find it.

Just in case anyone reflexively skipped over redrums link i thought I'd bump it.

The US diplomatic cables reveal how the US seeks dirt on nations opposed to its approach to tackling global warming; how financial and other aid is used by countries to gain political backing; how distrust, broken promises and creative accounting dog negotiations; and how the US mounted a secret global diplomatic offensive to overwhelm opposition to the controversial "Copenhagen accord", the unofficial document that emerged from the ruins of the Copenhagen climate change summit in 2009.

So do I about have this right? Global warming climate change is real and it's going to destroy the world, but to get everyone on board we need to blackmail or pay them off?

A scientific method perfected by the Mafia. :wacko:

Just in case anyone reflexively skipped over redrums link i thought I'd bump it.

So do I about have this right? Global warming climate change is real and it's going to destroy the world, but to get everyone on board we need to blackmail or pay them off?

A scientific method perfected by the Mafia. :tup:

Another example of how this scientific discussion has been horribly politicized. :wacko: Something that shouldnt have anything to do with politics . . . somehow is.

The right only cares about the economy/their own pocketbooks and fruck everything else . whether GW is true or not because they are heavily invested in oil.

The left under a veneer of saving the world cares about "green" energy as they are invested in green energy.

End result, no real discussions can ever take place.

Another example of how this scientific discussion has been horribly politicized. :wacko: Something that shouldnt have anything to do with politics . . . somehow is.

The right only cares about the economy/their own pocketbooks and fruck everything else . whether GW is true or not because they are heavily invested in oil.

The left under a veneer of saving the world cares about "green" energy as they are invested in green energy.

End result, no real discussions can ever take place.

I think we all agree that we need to be good stewards of the planet. Too bad the global warming crazies have alienated 90% of the non-believers with this doomsday nonsense.

I think we all agree that we need to be good stewards of the planet. Too bad the global warming crazies have alienated 90% of the non-believers with this doomsday nonsense.

Now way dude, it's science!!!

:tup:

Alarming predictions that global warming could cause sea levels to rise 6ft in the next century are wrong, it has emerged. The forecast made by the influential 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which would have seen cities around the world submerged by water, now looks ‘unlikely’.

Weird science maybe. :wacko:

... sorry for the interruption...

Okay here is what I found, but apparently some of the references are pay journaly type things:

Sorry, been busy. Wanted to give a big thank you for the information-- answered a couple questions, and led me to a few more questions, but either way it's certainly made it easier to narrow in on elements to search.

... and now back to the partisan bickering...

Fort Lauderdale - Cold temperatures are spreading across the landscape of the United States. Some states are experiencing temperatures that haven't been felt in more than a century. Southern Florida is one of those states.

At this time of the year, vacationers head down south to the beautiful state of Florida for their sandy beaches, warm temperatures and sunshine. But Floridians woke up to the coldest temperatures in 169 years on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/301161#ixzz17UlwK9MW

SCIENCE!!!! :wacko:

A year ago tomorrow, just before the opening of the UN Copenhagen world climate summit, the British Meteorological Office issued a confident prediction. The mean world temperature for 2010, it announced, 'is expected to be 14.58C, the warmest on record' - a deeply worrying 0.58C above the 19611990 average.

World temperatures, it went on, were locked inexorably into an everrising trend: 'Our experimental decadal forecast confirms previous indications that about half the years 2010-2019 will be warmer than the warmest year observed so far - 1998.'

Met Office officials openly boasted that they hoped by their statements to persuade the Copenhagen gathering to impose new and stringent carbon emission limits - an ambition that was not to be met.

Even Phil Jones (who shared a Nobel Peace Prize with Al Gore), the CRU director at the centre of last year's 'Climategate' leaked email scandal, was forced to admit in a littlenoticed BBC online interview that there has been 'no statistically significant warming' since 1995.

One of those leaked emails, dated October 2009, was from Kevin Trenberth, head of climate analysis at the US government's National Centre for Atmospheric Research and the IPCC's lead author on climate change science in its monumental 2002 and 2007 reports.

He wrote: 'The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment, and it is a travesty that we can't.'

SCIENCE!!!!! :tup:

Just give up already, your scam didn't work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...l#ixzz17XzhBO7y

• 2 weeks later...
Biting winters driven by global warming: scientists

by Marlowe Hood Marlowe Hood – Wed Dec 22, 5:25 am ET

PARIS (AFP) – Counter-intuitive but true, say scientists: a string of freezing European winters scattered over the last decade has been driven in large part by global warming.

The culprit, according to a new study, is the Arctic's receding surface ice, which at current rates of decline could to disappear entirely during summer months by century's end.

The mechanism uncovered triples the chances that future winters in Europe and north Asia will be similarly inclement, the study reports.

Bitingly cold weather wreaked havoc across Europe in the winter months of 2005-2006, dumping snow in southern Spain and plunging eastern Europe and Russia into an unusually -- and deadly -- deep freeze.

Another sustained cold streak in 2009-2010, gave Britain its coldest winter in 14 years, and wreaked transportation havoc across the continent. This year seems poised to deliver a repeat performance.

At first glance, this flurry of frostiness would seem to be at odds with standard climate change scenarios in which Earth's temperature steadily rises, possibly by as much as five or six degrees Celsius (9.0 to 10.8 degrees Fahrenheit) by 2100.

Climate sceptics who question the gravity of global warming or that humans are to blame point to the deep chills as confirmation of their doubts.

Such assertions, counter scientists, mistakenly conflate the long-term patterns of climate with the short-term vagaries of weather, and ignore regional variation in climate change impacts.

New research, however, goes further, showing that global warming has actually contributed to Europe's winter blues.

Rising temperatures in the Arctic -- increasing at two to three times the global average -- have peeled back the region's floating ice cover by 20 percent over the last three decades.

This has allowed more of the Sun's radiative force to be absorbed by dark-blue sea rather than bounced back into space by reflective ice and snow, accelerating the warming process.

More critically for weather patterns, it has also created a massive source of heat during the winter months.

"Say the ocean is at zero degrees Celsius (32 degrees Fahrenheit)," said Stefan Rahmstorf, a climate scientist at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany.

"That is a lot warmer than the overlying air in the polar area in winter, so you get a major heat flow heating up the atmosphere from below which you don't have when it is covered by ice. That's a massive change," he told AFP in an interview.

The result, according to a modelling study published earlier this month the Journal of Geophysical Research, is a strong high-pressure system over the newly-exposed sea which brings cold polar air, swirling counter-clockwise, into Europe.

"Recent severe winters like last year's or the one of 2005-2006 do not conflict with the global warming picture, but rather supplement it," explained Vladimir Petoukhov, lead author of the study and a physicist at the Potsdam Institute.

"These anomalies could triple the probability of cold winter extremes in Europe and north Asia," he said.

The researchers created a computer model simulating the impact on weather patterns of a gradual reduction of winter ice cover in the Barents-Kara Sea, north of Scandinavia.

Other possible explanations for uncommonly cold winters -- reduced Sun activity or changes in the Gulf Stream -- "tend to exaggerate their effect," Petoukhov said.

He also points out that during the freezing 2005-2006 winter, when temperatures averaged 10 C below normal in Siberia, there were no unusual variations in the north Atlantic oscillation, another putative cause.

Colder European winters do not indicate a slowing of global warming trends, only an uneven distribution, researchers say.

"As I look out my window is see about 30 centimetres of snow and the thermostat reads -14.0 C," said Rahmstorf, speaking by phone from Potsdam.

"At the same time, in Greenland we have above zero temperatures -- in December."

bump for Mcboog

:wacko: