[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef All-Stars

policyvote

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure was glad to see Tiffany and Jamie get booted. Dale has seemed a lot less demonstrative in this competition. I guess the anger management course he alluded to during Marcel's rant over his Dim Sum win has payed off. That striper he caught sure was nice.

Edited by slambo

Close. Get rid of Jar Jar Binks and bring back Kevin and it's a better lineup.

Jar Jar :wacko:

Glad I'm not the only one that calls her that.

she is known as jar jar in the bier household as well. was talking about the show with a co-worker and he started talking about carla and i initially didn't know who he was talking about.

Sure was glad to see Tiffany and Jamie get booted. Dale has seemed a lot less demonstrative in this competition. I guess the anger management course he alluded to during Marcel's rant over his Dim Sum win has payed off. That striper he caught sure was nice.

I was surprised to see Marcel try to act like such a hard ass. I mean seriously, the dude is smaller than some of the women on the show. Waving your arms around like a rapper and talking tough is a good way for a smarmy little f-er to get his ass kicked most times. You can count me in for another that will enjoy when he gets the boot.

I was sad when Casey got voted off. :wacko::tup:

Figured it was about time I actually added this to my blog.

http://www.corrundum.net/post/Top-Chef-All-Stars.aspx

Some of the things that I didn't mention was that I thought what Angelo did to defuse the brewing tension between Marcel and Michael was completely underrated. I also thought that once again, Michael was itching for a fight. I just don't know what he is going to do going forward with a foil to pick on all the time.

Finally, as it stands right now I think Dale is in the front runners position. That doesn't mean that he can't screw it up, but to this point he seems to be the most consistent with his food and his non-cooking skills.

I liked Dale's comment regarding Fabio, "...steal of the draft.". Didn't Marcel state in one of the earlier episodes that he hadn't watched any of the other seasons of the show?. If so, too bad, might have made for some different picks if he were more familiar with some of the other chefs strong points. And now that Marcel is gone I think the tension levels will be far lower especially for Dale and Mike. That was a good resturant wars episode.

I liked Dale's comment regarding Fabio, "...steal of the draft.". Didn't Marcel state in one of the earlier episodes that he hadn't watched any of the other seasons of the show?. If so, too bad, might have made for some different picks if he were more familiar with some of the other chefs strong points. And now that Marcel is gone I think the tension levels will be far lower especially for Dale and Mike. That was a good resturant wars episode.

I thought the comment from Le Bernardin's chef regarding not getting enough food was hilarious. I've never had smaller portions than at that restaurant. I took a client there last October. He wasn't a small guy. As soon as our 3rd course hit the table, he looked at the minuscule size of the portion (nothing more than a couple of forkfulls), looked up and said "McDonalds on me?". Great food...just need more of it.

I was surprised to see Marcel try to act like such a hard ass. I mean seriously, the dude is smaller than some of the women on the show. Waving your arms around like a rapper and talking tough is a good way for a smarmy little f-er to get his ass kicked most times. You can count me in for another that will enjoy when he gets the boot.

I was sad when Casey got voted off. :wacko::tup:

Me too, on the bright side, she had a tight tank top on during that episode that allowed me to oogle over her breasteses.

i'm guessing Trey's departure had more to do with his personality than his skills in the kitchen. Dale and Mike are "fiery" and can be controversial, whereas Trey was way more even keel and not likely to "move the needle" from a ratings standpoint.

i agree that all three dishes were terrible, but to screw up pasta that bad (in Mike's case) is a must "pack your knives and go" effort.

i'm guessing Trey's departure had more to do with his personality than his skills in the kitchen.

Just caught up on the Tivo yesterday and saw Tre get the boot. Made me immediately think of this:

:wacko:

By Bier and Det's comments, sounds like Tre got a raw deal. Maybe not for the veg, but as far as the firmness of his risotto.

Just caught up on the Tivo yesterday and saw Tre get the boot. Made me immediately think of this:

:wacko:

By Bier and Det's comments, sounds like Tre got a raw deal. Maybe not for the veg, but as far as the firmness of his risotto.

It was him or Mikey on that one. Dude would let his risotto stand for minutes at a time without tending for one and didn't really start it right either. Hence the consistency. Then he overpowers it with strong tasting veggies... bad bad bad! though I would've have sent home that gumba Mike for screwing up his rigatoni first, Trey in no way got a raw deal.

Edited by Hugh B Tool