[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

he's been a disappointment as the consensus #1 pick, but even with now two pretty bad weeks in a row, he's the #7 RB in FF in basic performance scoring. he was #4 through week 11. let's not go overboard in talking about how crappy he is.

Let's also not ignore the mess that TEN has become. This is a completly different team than the one that started the season, much for the worse. There's also a very real nasty power struggle going on between Fisher and Adams and evidence suggests that it could be influencing Fisher's judgment.

Last 2 weeks against the 25th and 29th ranked rush defenses:

@ Houston: 7 rushes for 5 yards, 0 TD's, 2 Rec's for 2 yards, 0 TD's.

vs. Jacksonville: 13 rushed for 53 yards, 0 TD's, 2 Rec's for 14 yards, 0 TD's.

The Titans have lost 5 in a row, they have coaching, management and personnel issues. I think it's safe to talk about how crappy he is.

+1, only it's actually how crappy Tennessee is as a whole (which, in turn, is making CJ crappy). I don't think CJ being #7 YTD in scoring will be any solace to a CJ owner if he puts up 2 catches and 55 total yards vs. the Colts.

From Priority News earlier this week:

Chris Johnson - RB - Tennessee Titans Posted 12/7/10 1:13pm et

Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said the team has not quit on him despite losing five games in a row, according to Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean. The Titans had a flurry of missed tackles and dropped passes in Week 13. 'I've been asked several times, 'Did your team quit?' This team didn't quit,'' Fisher said. 'They didn't give up a point in the second half. They got a fourth-down stop and blocked a field goal, and they played hard. We just didn't make the plays. They are disappointed, but are excited about the next challenge.'

Huddle Up: To our untrained eye it does appear that some Titans have quit, especially the vaunted defensive line who seemed to buckle every time Maurice Jones-Drew hit the line of scrimmage last week. The offensive line isn't moving anyone around either despite being as healthy as any O-line in the league. The Titans are at home vs. the Colts on Thursday night. The Colts defense ranks 26th in defending fantasy RBs.

he's been a disappointment as the consensus #1 pick, but even with now two pretty bad weeks in a row, he's the #7 RB in FF in basic performance scoring. he was #4 through week 11. let's not go overboard in talking about how crappy he is.

Using Fusion scoring CJ had two games at this point last season where he scored single digits. 7.3 in week one & 5.3 in week five. However, on top of that he rewarded fantasy owners with five games with 20 points or more including two 30+ & one 50+. This season he has topped 20 points only 4 times, all were in the first half of the season and none of 30 or more.

When you're considering that he was the first pick in probably most drafts then I think it's safe to say he's been crappy this year. Unless you were to have hit big on a few of your later picks then I think it's also safe to say he single-handedly ruined a lot of FF seasons.

Edited by rajncajn

Using Fusion scoring CJ had two games at this point last season where he scored single digits. 7.3 in week one & 5.3 in week five. However, on top of that he rewarded fantasy owners with five games with 20 points or more including two 30+ & one 50+. This season he has topped 20 points only 4 times, all were in the first half of the season and none of 30 or more.

When you're considering that he was the first pick in probably most drafts then I think it's safe to say he's been crappy this year. Unless you were to have hit big on a few of your later picks then I think it's also safe to say he single-handedly ruined a lot of FF seasons.

He had over 2500 combined yards (over 2000 rushing) last year and had 16 total TDs...how people thought he would sniff that again sort of amazes me....1800-2000 combined with 10-12 TDs would have been frickin awesome...

When expectations are set so high a player is bound to not live up to them...last year we truly got one of the best RB performances of all time.

Edited by keggerz

He had over 2500 combined yards (over 2000 rushing) last year and had 16 total TDs...how people thought he would sniff that again sort of amazes me....1800-2000 combined with 10-12 TDs would have been frickin awesome...

When expectations are set so high a player is bound to not live up to them...last year we truly got one of the best RB performances of all time.

I think very few expected a repeat, including myself when drafting him 1st overall in my local. But he's nowhere near the same production & in fact has played so poorly on several occasions that unless you happened to have another player have an extraordinary day or lucky enough to have your opponent stink that week, you're looking at 6 likely losses including the bye and no games where he could possibly carry your team through a tough week.

I think very few expected a repeat, including myself when drafting him 1st overall in my local. But he's nowhere near the same production & in fact has played so poorly on several occasions that unless you happened to have another player have an extraordinary day or lucky enough to have your opponent stink that week, you're looking at 6 likely losses including the bye and no games where he could possibly carry your team through a tough week.

You may not have expected the repeat but I bet many more than we realize expected similar numbers.

CJ set them high with his " my goal is 2k rushing yards this year" comment ,,, I wish some of these guys would just study the actions of players like B. Sanders,, a true great that never bragged, always acted like he been there before and his biggest celebration was handing the ball to the ref.

CJ set them high with his " my goal is 2k rushing yards this year" comment ,,, I wish some of these guys would just study the actions of players like B. Sanders,, a true great that never bragged, always acted like he been there before and his biggest celebration was handing the ball to the ref.

Players say stuff all the time...but even if he didn't say that you know that FFers would have still been expecting a repeat...not all FFers but a very good number of them would be my guess.

and I agree about the Sanders thing too

Edited by keggerz

Just to nail down this somewhat vague prediction, I will say CJ will definitely either fall short of or exceed all expectations.

I'll go out a little bit further on a limb. I say that he either falls short, exceeds or meets all expectations.

What can I say, I'm a gambler.

Oh sure... now he goes off just in time for the playoffs. Jerk!

:wacko: Excatly . A hole. I dont make the playoffs carrying his ass and now he goes crazy. Before anyone say "You cant expect one guy to carry you" This is the team I had that mustered 4 wins

Brady

CJ

Turner

Colston

Braylon Edwards

Tamme

Saints D

Crosby

Not world beaters but still cant believe how bad they did. Oh well

Edited by whomper

:wacko: Excatly . A hole. I dont make the playoffs carrying his ass and now he goes crazy. Before anyone say "You cant expect one guy to carry you" This is the team I had that mustered 4 wins

Brady

CJ

Turner

Colston

Braylon Edwards

Tamme

Saints D

Crosby

Not world beaters but still cant believe how bad they did. Oh well

If you had this team from game 1 and did not make the playoffs then it must be a 10 team league ?

Obviously Tamme was a mid season add but Brady, CJ , Turner , Colston, Edwards & a top 10 TE = playoffs in any of my 14 team leagues and I'm guessing a playoff team in most 12 team leagues

If you had this team from game 1 and did not make the playoffs then it must be a 10 team league ?

Obviously Tamme was a mid season add but Brady, CJ , Turner , Colston, Edwards & a top 10 TE = playoffs in any of my 14 team leagues and I'm guessing a playoff team in most 12 team leagues

But you know how it goes. Maybe you always face the high score for the week.

I know it's happened to me in a 12 team league. I remember being in a 4 team keeper league and trading away guys for draft picks because I had 6 dudes who looked like solid keepers the next year and could only keep 4. And that team won something like 5 games.

yep. 10 team. I originally had Finley at TE and early in the season started Steve Smith (car) and roy williams on occasion. Colston did crap the first 5 weeks of the year. Just a bad luck year in that league

yep. 10 team. I originally had Finley at TE and early in the season started Steve Smith (car) and roy williams on occasion. Colston did crap the first 5 weeks of the year. Just a bad luck year in that league

sorry. Forgot to add I traded for Turner week 2

Amazing that CJ can actually produce when given the darn ball. Who would have known? Not sure if Fisher was flipping the bird to the owners the previous 2 weeks or what by not playing CJ much....but last night I feel as though his hand was forced somewhat by the fact that the game was the only game on and a nationally televised contest vs. Indy...end result is a very nice effort/reward for CJ and his owners....of course it may have come 1 or 2 weeks too late for many of us!

I mean down 21-0 to the Colts I figured no way CJ keeps getting his chances...especially when he only got 7 carries vs. Houston in a game they only lost 20-0. I was hoping he'd get a junk time TD at the end though...wouldda been a nice consolation present to us CJ owners who got hosed in Week #12 & 13.

KO'd

• 2 years later...