[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

To the OP ,,, please tell this young lady that I will pay her membership fee to join the Huddle next year.

I'm being completely honest and I will paypal it to DMD in advance if she says she wants to come aboard

I have much respect for her that she would stick to her guns even after getting all the grief from her league mates.

Just send me a PM or post here in this thread if she wants to take me up on the offer

Well need to start a thread to get her an appropriate handle here. This could be epic.

Perfect example of why everybody should stick to managing their own teams and their own trades.

This ... and the way things have started in the STL-ARZ game, I wish someone would accuse me of colluding in that I started Bradford over Stanton at QB today, maybe my league commish will decide that was not an appropriate lineup decision, and change my starters for me.

Edited by ts

just because it worked out the way it did doesn't mean that is really how she thought or wanted it to...someone (can't remember who) here said that how do you know what she is thinking or something like that...works both ways....but it would be fun to be a fly on the wall in that house...1 of 2 things has to be going on:

1. Her, you told me to sit CJ so it is your own fault (or I tried to help you out sweetie but it didn't work)

2. Her, HA! I told you I was gonna beat you today and that Ford would outscore CJ

You can't run her team. If everyone is mad that they might not make the playoffs, they should of had a better team during the year. Has she played fantasy for awhile or new to the game? She really may think she is putting her best lineup in based on last weeks results. You can never think like a women unless you are one, so who the heck knows!

I agree with this post. Had CJ been putting up 20+ points per week of late, then of course it would be bogus. But the lady is right. CJ has not done anything and there is nothing the other teams or commish can or should do about it. Just because you or I would stubbornly stik with CJ, doesn't mean it's the smarter move. Tell the cry babies in the league to do a better job themselves then their seasons would not depend on whether one team starts or benches a player who has not performed well.

After the fact: Looks like Ford will be outscoring CJ by a wide margin. Discussion over.

Rather than assuming that the wife and husband are just playing to double up their chances, have you ever considered that she maybe got into the league to try to beat her husband and his friends? That maybe in that competition, she did what many of us have done, and sat a struggling stud, thinking that she might need a take a high-upside flier to try to put her chances over the top? That maybe this is her sole motivation for trying to ride the hot hand, so that for years she can remind her husband about the time that his wife knocked him out of the playoffs... She may not be correct in that decision, but it doesn't necessarily mean she had ill-intentions, and could be quite the opposite.

For many women, those bragging rights can be more motivation than just some small some of money. Last year we had my buddy's girlfriend in our league, and you could tell why she came to play with her name, "Beat By a Girl". No drama, other than her team sucking. Her boyfriend refused to help her, even when her team was truly struggling, and I see no evidence that anything different is going on here, besides a questionable lineup decision.

This. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to realize husband and wife FF rivalries are sometimes stronger than the norm. To assume collusion is crass, stupid and unimaginative.

And, BTW, she was right too.

just because it worked out the way it did doesn't mean that is really how she thought or wanted it to...someone (can't remember who) here said that how do you know what she is thinking or something like that...works both ways....but it would be fun to be a fly on the wall in that house...1 of 2 things has to be going on:

1. Her, you told me to sit CJ so it is your own fault (or I tried to help you out sweetie but it didn't work)

2. Her, HA! I told you I was gonna beat you today and that Ford would outscore CJ

if it didnt turn out the way it did you know for sure that some certain posters would of bumped this thread a long time ago say

" I TOLD YOU SO "

just because it worked out the way it did doesn't mean that is really how she thought or wanted it to...

From her email, posted above:

I am not playing Chris Johnson this week. I have my reasons. FIrst of all, I beat Joe this same time last year and plan to beat him again if I can this week. I don't have to explain to anyone why I am playing or not playing someone, but FYI Chris Johnson got 2 points last week and 6 points the week before and probably cost me the game both weeks

Seems like pretty clear insight to me, if you're taking the email at face value.

if it didnt turn out the way it did you know for sure that some certain posters would of bumped this thread a long time ago say

" I TOLD YOU SO "

I agree and my reply would have been the same too

From her email, posted above:

Seems like pretty clear insight to me, if you're taking the email at face value.

That is just it...we will never know if that was face value...she was offered a bet that she didn't take but honestly that doesn't mean anything either

That is just it...we will never know if that was face value...she was offered a bet that she didn't take but honestly that doesn't mean anything either

Why would you not take it at face value? Because she is married and playing her husband...or...because you assume she is a liar? Interesting your take on what she says and her meaning.

You people crack me up. So quick to pass judgement.

This. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to realize husband and wife FF rivalries are sometimes stronger than the norm. To assume collusion is crass, stupid and unimaginative.

And, BTW, she was right too.

I have a husband and wife at my poker table. All my buddies watch and laugh as they go crazy bumping each other's bets. They seem to lose all logic when they are pit against each other. Its pretty fun.

Why would you not take it at face value? Because she is married and playing her husband...or...because you assume she is a liar? Interesting your take on what she says and her meaning.

Sky and I are in complete agreement. That doesn't happen very often.

That's just as crazy augment on your part ,,, next week will you except that wager from me ?

Meaning that you will wager $100 that your flex player will out score someone that I want to take that's on your bench ?

Heck no you wouldn't ,,, 1st its a flex player that your just hoping will out score any of your other options

But that is the argument that you are going to use against her :wacko:

That's just as crazy augment on your part ,,, next week will you except that wager from me ?

Meaning that you will wager $100 that your flex player will out score someone that I want to take that's on your bench ?

Heck no you wouldn't ,,, 1st its a flex player that your just hoping will out score any of your other options

I have to agree here. I sometimes, on rare occasions, have great confidence in my starting line up. However, I would never bet an extra $100 on it. Gambling is not my thing.

Edited by untateve

I am not passing judgment at all....just saying that we have no idea if she is being straight or not....if you want to assume she is that is ok, it is your prerogative... but if someone thinks she isn' t being on the up and up with it they aren't doing anything any different than you are doing...you are giving her a pass not knowing her and taking the circumstances into consideration and basing your opinion on that...if someone takes the opposite stance they are doing the same as you...they don't know her and are just taking the circumstances into consideration and basing their opinion on that...

and for the record I have not called her a liar nor have I said that I believed her...I don't know her or her husband.

edit: and fwiw, I already said back on page one that my "ask her to bet" was just to be antagonistic in the thread....then I agreed with someone that posted after me..and I still stand by this:

You cant do anything about it this year...no matter what you think...next year if you don't like it you either don't play in the league or don't invite them back depending on the dynamic of who runs the league.

Edited by keggerz

I am not passing judgment at all....just saying that we have no idea if she is being straight or not....if you want to assume she is that is ok, it is your prerogative... but if someone thinks she isn' t being on the up and up with it they aren't doing anything any different than you are doing...you are giving her a pass not knowing her and taking the circumstances into consideration and basing your opinion on that...if someone takes the opposite stance they are doing the same as you...they don't know her and are just taking the circumstances into consideration and basing their opinion on that...

and for the record I have not called her a liar nor have I said that I believed her...I don't know her or her husband.

edit: and fwiw, I already said back on page one that my "ask her to bet" was just to be antagonistic in the thread....then I agreed with someone that posted after me..and I still stand by this:

I disagree with this assessment. The person who is assuming that she is honestly putting forth her best line up is assuming that she is an honest and trustworthy person. The person who is taking the "opposite stance" is assuming that she is a cheater with little integrity. Therefore, each of these individuals, while judging, are doing so in a very different manner. I would venture to say that the woman involved would say that the assumptions by these two individuals feels very different to her.

I disagree with this assessment. The person who is assuming that she is honestly putting forth her best line up is assuming that she is an honest and trustworthy person. The person who is taking the "opposite stance" is assuming that she is a cheater with little integrity. Therefore, each of these individuals, while judging, are doing so in a very different manner. I would venture to say that the woman involved would say that the assumptions by these two individuals feels very different to her.

Understood...

1. Person is making their assessment based on their belief that the person is honest

2. The other person is making their assessment on their belief that the actions or whatever make her statement dishonest.

It isn't about how she feels...it is that neither person above in scenario 1 or 2 really has any better idea of who is right or wrong.

Now, the last thing I want is to get into a discussion about this with a therapist :wacko:

i already said that it didn't matter..and even back the 1st time I said it the $ amount could be to little or to much but again said I was just basically trying to add a bit of fuel to the thread early on...as it stands it didn't need any fuel at all.

Understood...

1. Person is making their assessment based on their belief that the person is honest

2. The other person is making their assessment on their belief that the actions or whatever make her statement dishonest.

It isn't about how she feels...it is that neither person above in scenario 1 or 2 really has any better idea of who is right or wrong.

Now, the last thing I want is to get into a discussion about this with a therapist :wacko:

meh--I haven't conducted therapy in years. My practice is based on conducting evaluations.

I disagree that it isn't about how she feels. If you're a vulcan, then I guess it's only one assumption vs another. However, these are humans we are discussing who experience things subjectively and their feelings come into play. If it were me, and my integrity were questioned, I'd finish out the league and not return.

Additionally, I assert it says something the person who assumes the best as much as it says something about the person who assumes the worst.

I have'nt read the whole thread.

Why can't we give this young lady credit for thinking outside the box and not just starting CJ blindly like we all do? Is'nt it possible that she looked at recent stats and made a rational decision? I lose a few FF games every season b/c I bench someone for a "must start" player, even though my gut tells me to start "player X" instead.

ASYS costs me victories every year.

meh--I haven't conducted therapy in years. My practice is based on conducting evaluations.

I disagree that it isn't about how she feels. If you're a vulcan, then I guess it's only one assumption vs another. However, these are humans we are discussing who experience things subjectively and their feelings come into play. If it were me, and my integrity were questioned, I'd finish out the league and not return.

Additionally, I assert it says something the person who assumes the best as much as it says something about the person who assumes the worst.

probably doesn't matter but I was talking about huddlers and their responses on each side of the topic...and your points are well taken

You cant do anything about it this year...no matter what you think...next year if you don't like it you either don't play in the league or don't invite them back depending on the dynamic of who runs the league.

well we know its not her 1st year in this league because she stated that she was in the same spot last year and beat her husband and was trying to repeat that feat this year.

that said the other owners must trust and take her at face value or they wouldn't of invited her back.

then if those who know her better then us trust her why should we ?