[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

You cant do anything about it this year...no matter what you think...next year if you don't like it you either don't play in the league or don't invite them back depending on the dynamic of who runs the league.

Don't invite them back? On what grounds? That the wife made a sound FF decision to beat her husband that pissed off a few short-sighted leaguemates because she showed she was more prescient than them?

If he wants to quit because a skirt made him look bad, then he should do it. Some guys seem to have fragile egos and apparently can't stand the thought of a woman being capable of making unpopular decisions based upon sound reasoning. If the nancies can't stand it, they ought to quit. Maybe they can join a ball-scratching league where women won't threaten them.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Don't invite them back? On what grounds? That the wife made a sound FF decision to beat her husband that pissed off a few short-sighted leaguemates because she showed she was more prescient than them?

If he wants to quit because a skirt made him look bad, then he should do it. Some guys seem to have fragile egos and apparently can't stand the thought of a woman being capable of making unpopular decisions based upon sound reasoning. If the nancies can't stand it, they ought to quit. Maybe they can join a ball-scratching league where women won't threaten them.

I didn't say it was right or wrong...said if the league had an issue with it that those were the options that I saw as available...either A. they don't return or B. they don't ask them back (and I made it a point to say it depended on the dynamic, as in who actually runs the league..maybe she does)....again, wasn't saying what was right or wrong...just what the options were....which were to let her do what she wished with her lineup and then they needed to do what they felt they needed to do next year. :wacko:

by the way do we actually know who won the game? we know she got the call right but I am a bit curious as to who won.

Edited by keggerz

I have'nt read the whole thread.

Why can't we give this young lady credit for thinking outside the box and not just starting CJ blindly like we all do? Is'nt it possible that she looked at recent stats and made a rational decision? I lose a few FF games every season b/c I bench someone for a "must start" player, even though my gut tells me to start "player X" instead.

ASYS costs me victories every year.

Don't, most of this thread is just a sad commentary of society today, sorry for taking a FF thread so deep but c'mon man! Is it because she's a woman? Is that why we can just assume she was trying to cheat for her "man". Is it really just Loretta Lynn playing FF? She's a witch, burn her I say!

It really is sad the first reaction some have to the actions of an unknown person is so vile and negative. I for one think she made a balls out decision to win what will obviously be the most important game to her. Out of the playoffs and one game left and it's against her husband, how better could her season end than to get the one gift that will keep on giving. And before you say it, you're right, it could be the exact opposite but I for one will sleep well knowing I look for the good in people. Funny that some who were so certain and vocal have now tucked tail and run off silently for some reason. Cowards.

Update...

Well as fate, and poetic justice, would have it, looks like she WILL win, and her husband WILL make the playoffs as well. She is losing by 8 points right now but has LT and Deion Branch playing tonight. Her husband is done.

Yours truely has most likely lost the last play of spot curtesy of Mr. Orton. There is however one way that i could back into the playoffs...

A loss by MY wife and i am in. She is winning right now by 3/10 of a point and has Wess Welker playing vs. oponents Nick Folk.

Think i should try to talk ther into benching him? JK.. (about the benching part not about the my wife part, she was our league champ last year)!

Update...

Well as fate, and poetic justice, would have it, looks like she WILL win, and her husband WILL make the playoffs as well. She is losing by 8 points right now but has LT and Deion Branch playing tonight. Her husband is done.

Yours truely has most likely lost the last play of spot curtesy of Mr. Orton. There is however one way that i could back into the playoffs...

A loss by MY wife and i am in. She is winning right now by 3/10 of a point and has Wess Welker playing vs. oponents Nick Folk.

Think i should try to talk ther into benching him? JK.. (about the benching part not about the my wife part, she was our league champ last year)!

And all the angst could have been avoided if everyone had just let her run her lineup as she wished. Lesson learned I think.

Of course all this did teach us about the character and credibility of one person here.

What makes this even funnier is that it wouldn't have mattered at all whether she started CJ or Ford, at least in most leagues, as both scored exactly 6.7 points.

While not a big difference (in our league it was almost 4 points), it just shows that even the all-knowing "experts" can only apply an educated guess. He called a woman a cheater because her guess was different than his.

It would have been really interesting to see how this thread panned out if CJ went nuts yesterday. Unfortunately, I think there would have been a lot more browbeating of how "shady" that move is to play Ford over CJ.

Glad she stuck to her guns, but it's her right as an owner to start who she pleases. Too many assumptions in this thread, and we all know what happens we we assume...

And all the angst could have been avoided if everyone had just let her run her lineup as she wished. Lesson learned I think.

Of course all this did teach us about the character and credibility of one person here.

Perhaps I learned something, certainly not everything about the character and credibitilty of two people here. In some respects, your treatment and judgements of JUM are analogous to his treatment and judgements of this league issue. Neither of you had nearly enough information to have such stong, negative, immovable and absolute opinions of others.

I previously stated I thought JUM was quite wrong, and now I say it to you. Just because someone's opinion on a subject is different one ONE thread topic is hardly a firm basis in a factual sense for an across the board judgement of character and credibility.

In other words... C'Mon, MAN!

Update...

So since you've made the case that married couples are not to be trusted, I think the right thing to do is to bow out, as to not raise suspicion that you and your wife might be doing the same thing...

I am really glad that everything turned out this way, so that the doubters couldn't get a "I told you so", but that's what bothers me most about this thread. If her choice had turned out to be the wrong one, then it's presumed by some that she is necessarily in the wrong for making such a decision. That's crap.

Yes, she could have just as easily been attempting to cheat, but in America, you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around... And should I get even started on freedom of choice? Freedom of personal property? Freedom from unlawful search and seizure without probable cause? These are important rights that we all have, and that's why it is so sickening everytime I read a "clear-cut" collusion thread that turns out to be nothing more than personal bias.

If you don't like how someone manages their team, then you don' t have to invite them back next year, but it is deplorable the way that this woman has been chastised without any evidence of wrong-doing. Again, it doesn't matter whether her decision was the correct one or not; It's her decision to make, not anyone elses, though I agree that's some fine poetic justice that it worked out that way...

Perhaps I learned something, certainly not everything about the character and credibitilty of two people here. In some respects, your treatment and judgements of JUM are analogous to his treatment and judgements of this league issue. Neither of you had nearly enough information to have such stong, negative, immovable and absolute opinions of others.

I previously stated I thought JUM was quite wrong, and now I say it to you. Just because someone's opinion on a subject is different one ONE thread topic is hardly a firm basis in a factual sense for an across the board judgement of character and credibility.

In other words... C'Mon, MAN!

I had all the information I needed. He called her a cheater and a liar. He said her being married to her opponent made her decision bogus. He character assassinated her and it was because she was married to her opponent. In fact, he flat stated that she was throwing the game. Even after her email was published here he continued to slam her.

He went out of his way to slam her and married people that play FF in the same league. And whether you like it or not.... he does represent the Huddle. We are not all equal in this forum. People like DMD, WW and the main writers on the home page that were brought in to publish information represent the Huddle. His slamming her and calling her a cheater and then stating his legendary gavel would be used on people like her is not something I want to see from a representative of the Huddle.

Those were the issues I addressed. He supplied all the information I needed.

The man has no honor, is of bad character, and has lost all credibility he may have had.

I had all the information I needed. He called her a cheater and a liar. He said her being married to her opponent made her decision bogus. He character assassinated her and it was because she was married to her opponent. In fact, he flat stated that she was throwing the game. Even after her email was published here he continued to slam her.

He went out of his way to slam her and married people that play FF in the same league. And whether you like it or not.... he does represent the Huddle. We are not all equal in this forum. People like DMD, WW and the main writers on the home page that were brought in to publish information represent the Huddle. His slamming her and calling her a cheater and then stating his legendary gavel would be used on people like her is not something I want to see from a representative of the Huddle.

Those were the issues I addressed. He supplied all the information I needed.

The man has no honor, is of bad character, and has lost all credibility he may have had.

It's just JUM being JUM.

I have all the respect in the world for you sky, but I think Rovers makes a good point - I thought Jumbotron definitely stated his views on this one a little too strongly (contrast his posts with those of Az, who seemed to have felt the same way but cushioned his opinions much differently), and the fact that he has not come back to this thread since the games were played I think reflects poorly - but to state that he has no honor and is of bad character is a bit too much IMHO.

this thread is funny. I think anyone would tell you all along that there was, say, a 30% chance TJ would outscore CJ this particular week. I don't see how hitting on the 30% changes the collusion dynamic one bit. again, not saying it was collusion, just that it was a situation tailor made for collusion to creep in, and then a decision to sit the #1 overall pick in FF for very mediocre other options -- it's just something that, when her team is playing for nothing, is predictably and understandably going to raise eyebrows.

this sort of thing is inevitably going to come up in leagues that are semi-serious (and money is on the line) and you've got spouses and parents/kids in leagues together. it can work ok, but people need to be mindful of how things might look to others.

It's just JUM being JUM.

So being JUM excuses him from being a man? He ripped the woman quite badly, jumping to completely unfounded conclusions and staining her character, and was wrong. Regardless of how CJ performed, he was wrong, but now even more so after he proclaimed his justice for all to see only to have the actual events prove exactly how far on the wrong side he was.

I'm leaning towards agreeing with skylive5 on this one.

.... but people need to be mindful of how things might look to others.

If I was mindful of how things might look to others I would be even worse at FF than I already am.

Played in a league with my boy...for 10 years... not once was there ever any hint of any move that could have been considered collusion and we made a lot of moves let me tell you.

Just because someone is married to an opponent, or related to them in other ways, does not mean that they must always be ask the league if it is okay that they make a move or lineup submission so that everyone can see there is no perceived collusion. Why even play if that is the case.

this thread is funny. I think anyone would tell you all along that there was, say, a 30% chance TJ would outscore CJ this particular week. I don't see how hitting on the 30% changes the collusion dynamic one bit. again, not saying it was collusion, just that it was a situation tailor made for collusion to creep in, and then a decision to sit the #1 overall pick in FF for very mediocre other options -- it's just something that, when her team is playing for nothing, is predictably and understandably going to raise eyebrows.

this sort of thing is inevitably going to come up in leagues that are semi-serious (and money is on the line) and you've got spouses and parents/kids in leagues together. it can work ok, but people need to be mindful of how things might look to others.

Wow. She absolutely diagnosed the situation correctly and made the right call, and you still come here to post crap like this? That someone shouldn't start what they think their best lineup is because some idiot in the league will be completely wrong but still think badly of them?

I have all the respect in the world for you sky, but I think Rovers makes a good point - I thought Jumbotron definitely stated his views on this one a little too strongly (contrast his posts with those of Az, who seemed to have felt the same way but cushioned his opinions much differently), and the fact that he has not come back to this thread since the games were played I think reflects poorly - but to state that he has no honor and is of bad character is a bit too much IMHO.

You may be right. However, I see no apologies. I see nothing. So until I see something I will amend my statement to say he has a character flaw. And until things change.... I see him as a person of no honor. Going to take a lot to convince me otherwise now.

So since you've made the case that married couples are not to be trusted, I think the right thing to do is to bow out, as to not raise suspicion that you and your wife might be doing the same thing...

I am really glad that everything turned out this way, so that the doubters couldn't get a "I told you so", but that's what bothers me most about this thread. If her choice had turned out to be the wrong one, then it's presumed by some that she is necessarily in the wrong for making such a decision. That's crap.

Yes, she could have just as easily been attempting to cheat, but in America, you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around... And should I get even started on freedom of choice? Freedom of personal property? Freedom from unlawful search and seizure without probable cause? These are important rights that we all have, and that's why it is so sickening everytime I read a "clear-cut" collusion thread that turns out to be nothing more than personal bias.

If you don't like how someone manages their team, then you don' t have to invite them back next year, but it is deplorable the way that this woman has been chastised without any evidence of wrong-doing. Again, it doesn't matter whether her decision was the correct one or not; It's her decision to make, not anyone elses, though I agree that's some fine poetic justice that it worked out that way...

Excuse me. I made the case that "married couples are not to be trusted" ??

Where did you get that from.? I posted an issue in our leagure and asked for "Advice". guess your are just as guilty of those you are acusing of jumping to false conclusions.... Unless you first sentance was made in jest, if so, than i take back what i just said.

but clear it up for me please.