[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bowl schedule and bids

Rockerbraves

good gawd u sound like private dipchit - I SAID I liked Wisky + Points, what part about that = an even bet????

not some Wisky fan popping off - I just think Wisky +3 is a solid bet, tell me again why I would bet with you even up again?

Dude, no reason to get all riled up I was just trying to make a bet with you. You implied, more than once, that you thought Wisconsin shouldn't be the dog so I thought you would be willing to make a bet straight up? That's it. Hell, Wisky's been putting 70 on teams this year so I thought you'd be jumping on this bet :wacko:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gators won't send Urban Meyer into retirement with a loss.

That's sort of what I've been thinking. It's going to be a love-fest and those guys are going to rally big-time. This is not one of those deals where the coach leaves for a better gig and everyone says the right thing but really hates him. I would not want my money on the wrong side of this.

It's interesting that the Huskers are going to the Holiday Bowl. The insight bowl is the bowl higher in the pecking order, and they took Mizz. I'm just wondering if they knew they were already for sure going to get Iowa, and an Iowa-Nebraska match up is something you'll see every November for the next 50 years anyway. Iowa wasn't falling past the Insight Bowl, despite a brutal finish to their season. All i all I think it sucks that it's Nebraska-Washington again. But what do you do? It's one of those weird things that can happen I guess.

Insight bowl said they really wanted nebraska, BUT mizzou at #12 in BCS and 10-2 was ELIGIBLE for a BCS game, and they said they REALLY wanted a team that was BCS Eligible since they had the chance. Most neb fans REALLY wanted to play Iowa of our remaining options. Farmageddon could have started a year early.

Dude, no reason to get all riled up I was just trying to make a bet with you. You implied, more than once, that you thought Wisconsin shouldn't be the dog so I thought you would be willing to make a bet straight up? That's it. Hell, Wisky's been putting 70 on teams this year so I thought you'd be jumping on this bet :wacko:

not a hugh deal, I just thought it was kind of lame to be called out more than once to make a bet after just making a comment on the Rose Bowl.

Again, I am curious why you think I would give away points when betting real loot........I have no ties to Wisky -

:tup: how about a SU wager, which on a 3pt dog is 140-100 - let me know

Because it's a straight bet rather than lay 11 to win 10? Not sure if that's worth 3 points or not. But at least you don't have to lay the vig. Just giving a reason why you might, but I wouldn't.

My book would allow you to adjust the line by 1/2 point for an additional 10% juice. So if the line was +3 you could adjust the line 1/2 point either way but you would have to bet 12 to win 10. So dropping 3 points just to save the juice isn't very bright.

not a hugh deal, I just thought it was kind of lame to be called out more than once to make a bet after just making a comment on the Rose Bowl.

Again, I am curious why you think I would give away points when betting real loot........I have no ties to Wisky -

:wacko: how about a SU wager, which on a 3pt dog is 140-100 - let me know

I might do that. Let's see where the line goes first.

The Gators won't send Urban Meyer into retirement with a loss.

Joe hasn't had PSU in national champion hunts every year lately, but, he does seem to get them ready for bowl games. It should be a good one. :wacko:

maybe a sig line bet?

Sure.......though I really have no hate for Florida, so, I wouldn't have too vicious of a sigline to give. Perhaps a gift bet ?

You win, I buy you this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Fl...oody_Sweatshirt

I win, you buy me this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Pe...dy_Sweatshirt_1

?

Sure.......though I really have no hate for Florida, so, I wouldn't have too vicious of a sigline to give. Perhaps a gift bet ?

You win, I buy you this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Fl...oody_Sweatshirt

I win, you buy me this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Pe...dy_Sweatshirt_1

?

The gators one is cheaper! youre scamming the guy! :P

UCONN is reporting something like 4,000 tickets sold out of 17,500. That's unacceptable. Although the BCS does a good job of matching up #1 vs #2 it does seem to come at the expense of the other major bowls.

Here is my BCS Bowl lineup.

Auburn vs Oregon - BCS NC

Arkansas vs Ohio State - Sugar

Stanford vs Wisconsin - Rose

Oklahoma vs Boise State - Fiesta

TCU vs LSU - Orange

?

bet offered, bet accepted.

I have no dislike for Penn State and who doesn't respect Paterno?

However, this will make the game a bit more fun.

UCONN is reporting something like 4,000 tickets sold out of 17,500. That's unacceptable. Although the BCS does a good job of matching up #1 vs #2 it does seem to come at the expense of the other major bowls.

Here is my BCS Bowl lineup.

Auburn vs Oregon - BCS NC

Arkansas vs Ohio State - Sugar

Stanford vs Wisconsin - Rose

Oklahoma vs Boise State - Fiesta

TCU vs LSU - Orange

You know what would sell even more tickets than even those match-ups (which, btw, would all be great and entertaining games so I wouldn't mind it one bit)?

Home games for for seeds 5-8 vs seeds 9-12 followed by home games for seeds 1-4 vs the winners of those games. Then NYD match-ups in places like Southern Cal, Florida, AZ, and New Orleans followed by another game in one of those cities the following week. Visiting team is given a crack at 25% of the tickets for each game. If they don't buy them all, you know for a fact they're getting snapped up by the home team. As for the Semis and Finals, those take care of themselves. You think there's any chance at all those games don't sell out?

This says nothing of how much the TV deal would be worth. Assuming they give a rat's ass about ratings, I can promise they'd be higher. Certainly higher than they'd be for some of the BCS games we get now. Take UConn v OU. As it stands, the only reason to care about that game is so you can poke sticks at Sgt Dreamer if UConn manages to win. That's it. If you're an OU fan, you watch it out of fear and if you're a UConn fan, you apparently don't care. Now, let's say that same game is the first round of the play-offs. Still no difference in terms of it being a mismatch, but if UConn pulls the upset, they move on. So, if you're hanging around the house and go check the score on the computer and see UConn is leading or it's close, you know damned well you're going to watch. Just like you will if you see Northern Iowa is beating Kansas in March. Because then it matters. If UConn beats OU this year, it means absolutely nothing.

Joe hasn't had PSU in national champion hunts every year lately, but, he does seem to get them ready for bowl games.

I wonder how much Joe has to do anymore with Penn State's bowl prep. Love the guy, but it was kinda sad to see him in the Ohio State post-game presser this year. Really struggled to put coherent thoughts together.

Wow! Didn't really know it was that bad. Must be hard for the reporters.

Do reporters get blasted if they question Coach Paterno's answers? You know like when someone in your family does it to grandpa.

Here is a link where two reporters discuss Coach Paterno returning for yet another season.

Edited by Rockerbraves

• 2 weeks later...
bet offered, bet accepted.

I have no dislike for Penn State and who doesn't respect Paterno?

However, this will make the game a bit more fun.

:wacko:

Didn't see this unitl today. Sounds good. Since the PSU one is $10 more, I'll find something else with Florida on it to make up the difference.

We briefly looked at the SEC and Big 12 bowl matchups, so let's take a glace at the Big 10.

Doesn't look promising for this BCS conference this season. Only one Big 10 team opened up as a favorite out of eight. :wacko:

Insight Bowl - Iowa +3 vs. Missouri

Texas Bowl - Illinois +2 vs. Baylor

TicketCity Bowl - Northwestern +11 1/2 vs. Texas Tech

Gator Bowl - Michigan +5 vs. Mississippi State

Outback Bowl - Penn State +5 vs. Florida

Capital One Bowl - Michigan State +7 vs. Alabama

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin PK vs. TCU

Sugar Bowl - Ohio State -2 1/2 vs. Arkansas

Big10 off to a great 2-0 start in the lower tier bowls at the expense of the Big 12. While the lone Big 12 win thus far comes against the PAC10.

Looking forward to watching some SEC action today with Tennessee vs North Carolina. :tup:

You know what would sell even more tickets than even those match-ups (which, btw, would all be great and entertaining games so I wouldn't mind it one bit)?

Home games for for seeds 5-8 vs seeds 9-12 followed by home games for seeds 1-4 vs the winners of those games. Then NYD match-ups in places like Southern Cal, Florida, AZ, and New Orleans followed by another game in one of those cities the following week. Visiting team is given a crack at 25% of the tickets for each game. If they don't buy them all, you know for a fact they're getting snapped up by the home team. As for the Semis and Finals, those take care of themselves. You think there's any chance at all those games don't sell out?

This says nothing of how much the TV deal would be worth. Assuming they give a rat's ass about ratings, I can promise they'd be higher. Certainly higher than they'd be for some of the BCS games we get now. Take UConn v OU. As it stands, the only reason to care about that game is so you can poke sticks at Sgt Dreamer if UConn manages to win. That's it. If you're an OU fan, you watch it out of fear and if you're a UConn fan, you apparently don't care. Now, let's say that same game is the first round of the play-offs. Still no difference in terms of it being a mismatch, but if UConn pulls the upset, they move on. So, if you're hanging around the house and go check the score on the computer and see UConn is leading or it's close, you know damned well you're going to watch. Just like you will if you see Northern Iowa is beating Kansas in March. Because then it matters. If UConn beats OU this year, it means absolutely nothing.

I can assure you, I do not fear this game a bit. OU is going to crush Uconn, and I wish we were playing stanford again this yr, so we could beat them again.

Sooners roll 45-13...

I can assure you, I do not fear this game a bit. OU is going to crush Uconn, and I wish we were playing stanford again this yr, so we could beat them again.

Sooners roll 45-13...

Well, you didn't fear BSU or WVU when you lined up against them in BCS bowls.

Of course, they should crush UConn, just like they should have crushed the other two. My point is simply that there's simply no draw for almost anyone. If I check my phone at some point and notice that UConn is giving them a run, I might go turn it on just out of morbid curiosity. Then again, it will just as much fun reading the next morning that they, once again, imploded against the "weakest" BCS team as it will be to watch it go down on TV.