[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bowl schedule and bids

Rockerbraves

You are right, I didnt fear either one of them, and I wouldnt fear Oregon either. See fear is something I would feel if my kid was missing, not a football game. You fear everything like a child. And why even bring up OU or me, because you are just so enamored with me and my Sooners? obviously. If you disappeared and never returned, I swear Id never bring you up. But there is no way you could do that, and that is fine, I understand the strangle hold I have on your life. :tup:

I dont even have a clue which team you root for. How would we know, you spew pac-10 crap, jump on the bandwagon of Stanford and Oregon, like the other tools who root Pac-10 around here. BTW, Guess what, a team OU handled in stillwater just throttled Arizona. Where is wildcat giving props and taking his medicine about his great conference and how a Big 12 team just kicked the ever living chit out of his school. No he will be here spewing Stanford and Oregon if they win, and making excuses if they lose. Id love to hear the excuse from last night, but there isnt one with a beating like that, so he disappears today. But he will be here if one of those other 2 win, crowing. :wacko:

OU will crush Uconn, and Im not so sure they should have crushed the other 2. West Virgina was #2 in the country before losing to Pitt, they win that game against Pitt they are playing for the NC. And Boise threw every trick play in the book at OU, and it took over time to get that one done. No excuses OU lost, but my bet is this one isnt close from the get go.

And funny how you play it both ways. This is the 2nd time you have said you might turn it on out of morbid curiosity, if Ucon is giving them a game. What kind of football fan are you, if you only watch if the team you are rooting for is winning or keeping it close. Clearly you are rooting for Ucon, for no other reason, me. And Im flattered that you mention me so often in your posts. Even when i am not here for weeks, you still love to talk about OU and me. Glad to know I am such an influence in your life, you simply cant forget me even when Im not around.

I'm sorry, I was speaking to Living The Dream, who is obviously not you because I see your name is Brent.

Regardless, don't really care about UConn, which is why I likely won't watch the game. Always curious about an upset though, which isn't all that unique really. And have never liked OU. I think it started back in the Switzer days and just stuck. It just happens that one of the biggest tools here in the huddle happens to be a fan of a team that I've never liked, so it works out rather nicely. Mind you, I would be lying if I said that it wasn't fun watching Sgt. Ryan b!tch and scream first about how his Sooners were getting the shaft by playing the crappiest BCS teams and then explain away how they lost to both.

Of course, that was Sgt. Ryan. I'm not sure how you or this other guy Living the Dream will act should UConn pull off the upset. What with you two being completely different people and all. I mean, I'm sure of it. Sgt. Ryan made a big deal about what a sham it was that OU had to play lowly WVU in their bowl game but I see here that you're making it sound like they were something special. Obviously the same person would not change his mind so.

At any rate. Good luck to all of you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solid point on the vig - but not worth 3 points

never ceases to amaze me - maybe the superfan will give away points just to be ballsy but I mean to make a general comment about liking X team + the points and getting called out to bet SU just makes less than zero sense to me. I guess the reply, is ok, I have X team+3, but betting SU, laying 50 to win 70 - sound good? that is about the equivalent.

cmon prof- I expect better out of you than that :wacko:

Wildcat-

Sent you a PM. Let's make the Rose Bowl Bet. I'll take TCU minus 3. $50.00 .... in, or out?

bet offered, bet accepted.

I have no dislike for Penn State and who doesn't respect Paterno?

However, this will make the game a bit more fun.

Congrats on the win. It was an ugly but entertaining game. I sent you a PM, please reply and I'll get you your gear. :wacko:

we are on, I think Wisky is clearly the class of the Big 10 this year- Mich St. showed us all we needed to kmow about them today.......

should be a great game

Way to stick to your guns and insist on getting the points. You needed everyone of them. I was hoping that Wisky made the 2 point conversion so I had a chance to get the push or a win in OT. That LB for TCU (#43 Tank) was clearly the best player on the field today. PM me your address.

Way to stick to your guns and insist on getting the points. You needed everyone of them. I was hoping that Wisky made the 2 point conversion so I had a chance to get the push or a win in OT. That LB for TCU (#43 Tank) was clearly the best player on the field today. PM me your address.

Anyone who bet on the Rose Bowl had to feel a little schizo. :wacko:

Here you are rooting all game for either Wisconsin or TCU and no matter which side of the bet you were on you were forced to reverse sides. Good stuff and certainly a great football game! :tup:

Anyone who bet on the Rose Bowl had to feel a little schizo. :wacko:

Here you are rooting all game for either Wisconsin or TCU and no matter which side of the bet you were on you were forced to reverse sides. Good stuff and certainly a great football game! :tup:

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously a die hard TCU fan was hoping the 2 pt conversion would fail unless he bet the farm. Same with a Wisky fan the other way. But anyone else...

thanks- needed every one of them! I ended up out doing stuff and missed most of the game, nice W for TCU....

Wow, the Big 10 has really taken a beating this bowl season. - from the ESPN B10 blogger. Can the Big 10 start playing people non conference so we don't have to deal with this crap? I mean Mich St was such an absolute fraud it was laughable. maybe if the sched 1-2 legit teams they can end up 7-4 or so where they belong

Worst day in Big Ten football history? Yep

All it took was one day for things to come crashing down.

A 0-5 performance in New Year's Day bowls is indefensible. No one will care that Big Ten teams were underdogs in all five games, or that the locations were tough, or that no bowl lineup compares to the Big Ten's in terms of difficulty.

Losing the national title game is bad, but I can't think of a worse day in Big Ten football history.

The bottom line is you still need to show up and play the games. Two Big Ten teams didn't show up -- Michigan State and Michigan -- and all five lost the games that counted.

Perception drives college football, and the perception of the Big Ten took a major beating Saturday. It doesn't help that the Big Ten went 0-3 against the rival SEC in bowls, dropping the three games by a combined score of 138-45.

It also doesn't help that the New Year's debacle comes on the heels of the Legends and Leaders divisions debacle. Or that future Big Ten member Nebraska lost to a 6-6 Washington team in the Holiday Bowl.

Colleague Mark Schlabach addresses the Big Ten blues and provides some sobering thoughts and nuggets:

Big Ten teams went 0-5 in bowl games Saturday, the first time since 2002 that one of the league's teams failed to win on New Year's Day.

It is the first time since New Year's Day 2002 that Big Ten teams failed to beat an SEC opponent in a bowl game.

Any respect the Big Ten gained from last season's performance -- the league went 4-3 in bowl games, with Ohio State upsetting Oregon 26-17 in the Rose Bowl and Iowa defeating ACC champion Georgia Tech 24-14 in the Orange Bowl -- was lost in one fell swoop Saturday.

Just brutal.

The Big Ten needed better performances in the Florida bowls, especially from co-champ Michigan State, which never stood a chance against 9-3 Alabama.

Wisconsin could have redeemed the league a bit by winning the Rose. Although folks who know college football understand there's no shame in losing to TCU, falling to a team from a non-AQ league on a stage like the one in Pasadena still counts as a significant hit in how the Big Ten is perceived.

Even Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee, who downplayed teams from non-AQ conferences because of their schedules, was left humbled Saturday night, telling The New York Times: "I'm going to New Orleans [sunday], and Antoine's is a great restaurant there. I think they serve crow, and I'll be eating my portion of that."

The Big Ten turns its teary eyes to Gee's Ohio State Buckeyes, who can help the league save some face by beating Arkansas on Tuesday in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

Perhaps now we know why Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany lobbied last month to get Ohio State's suspended players to New Orleans for the bowl.

He might have known what was coming

Worst day in Big Ten football history? Yep

All it took was one day for things to come crashing down.

A 0-5 performance in New Year's Day bowls is indefensible. No one will care that Big Ten teams were underdogs in all five games, or that the locations were tough, or that no bowl lineup compares to the Big Ten's in terms of difficulty.

Losing the national title game is bad, but I can't think of a worse day in Big Ten football history.

The bottom line is you still need to show up and play the games. Two Big Ten teams didn't show up -- Michigan State and Michigan -- and all five lost the games that counted.

Perception drives college football, and the perception of the Big Ten took a major beating Saturday. It doesn't help that the Big Ten went 0-3 against the rival SEC in bowls, dropping the three games by a combined score of 138-45.

It also doesn't help that the New Year's debacle comes on the heels of the Legends and Leaders divisions debacle. Or that future Big Ten member Nebraska lost to a 6-6 Washington team in the Holiday Bowl.

Got to think that the perception will change dramatically for the Big 10 should Ohio State put a (Mississippi State vs Michigan) like whooping on Arkansas. But then again many might consider that a win over a Big12 squad? :wacko: