[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caught a game at Duke last night

detlef

Though I'm not a fan, I've tapped into a bit of a pipeline of tickets so I'll be hitting a few games this year. What a great freaking place to catch a game.

1) That's a really good team. Mind you, they were playing Bradley, who, according to the guy sitting next to me was missing it's 3 best players due to injury (you could tell because the back-up point was a train-wreck and they couldn't shoot at all). None the less, they've got so many guys who can fill the bucket. Singler seemed like a non-factor the entire game (yet ended up with close to 20 pts) and it didn't matter at all.

3) K is a wizard. All you need to see as evidence is that Ryan Kelly plays meaningful minutes on the best team in the country. On anyone else's team, kid would be exposed as a stiff.

4) Whomever chose "

" as their defacto fight song needs to be drawn and quartered. Who the hell signed off on that?

"Everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky" Really? I can maybe see JJ Reddick and Greg Paulus saying that to each other, but I just don't get how this, or the Midnight at the Roxbury beat should have anything to do with inspiring young men into battle.

Though I'm not a fan, I've tapped into a bit of a pipeline of tickets so I'll be hitting a few games this year. What a great freaking place to catch a game.

1) That's a really good team. Mind you, they were playing Bradley, who, according to the guy sitting next to me was missing it's 3 best players due to injury (you could tell because the back-up point was a train-wreck and they couldn't shoot at all). None the less, they've got so many guys who can fill the bucket. Singler seemed like a non-factor the entire game (yet ended up with close to 20 pts) and it didn't matter at all.

3) K is a wizard. All you need to see as evidence is that Ryan Kelly plays meaningful minutes on the best team in the country. On anyone else's team, kid would be exposed as a stiff.

4) Whomever chose "

" as their defacto fight song needs to be drawn and quartered. Who the hell signed off on that?

"Everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky" Really? I can maybe see JJ Reddick and Greg Paulus saying that to each other, but I just don't get how this, or the Midnight at the Roxbury beat should have anything to do with inspiring young men into battle.

So your officially a "Cameron Crazie?" I've always wanted to go to a game there to see what that atmosphere's really like. Pretty cool that you are getting a chance to experience that.

So your officially a "Cameron Crazie?" I've always wanted to go to a game there to see what that atmosphere's really like. Pretty cool that you are getting a chance to experience that.

I am very much not a Cameron Crazie.

I'm really hoping that one of the games I catch there is more competitive though because it would be cool to see what it's like when the place really gets rocking. The student section does their thing regardless because they've got a rep to uphold(though I must say it's rather tiresome when they're housing the opponent). But when they're winning by 25, it's not like the rest of the place is jumping our of their seats with every 3 pointer.

• 4 weeks later...

Better seats this time. I was sitting on the floor behind the basket. Very cool vantage point to catch a game, at least when the action is on your side of the court. Those guys are freaking hugh. It was cool being able to listen to the players and refs talk between plays.

Tell you what, the big guy from Miami can flat out play. Crazy hands and surprisingly nimble for a guy his size. Too bad that team is incapable of running a play or they could be good.

I brought a friend who is a life-long Duke fan, he practically crapped himself when we got to our seats.

It's just a bummer that I'm getting these tickets in a season where everyone else in the ACC is so mediocre. Hopefully Maryland, Ga Tech, or Temple (my remaining games) give them a game. This was at least better than the Bradly game in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...
Better seats this time. I was sitting on the floor behind the basket. Very cool vantage point to catch a game, at least when the action is on your side of the court. Those guys are freaking hugh. It was cool being able to listen to the players and refs talk between plays.

Tell you what, the big guy from Miami can flat out play. Crazy hands and surprisingly nimble for a guy his size. Too bad that team is incapable of running a play or they could be good.

I brought a friend who is a life-long Duke fan, he practically crapped himself when we got to our seats.

It's just a bummer that I'm getting these tickets in a season where everyone else in the ACC is so mediocre. Hopefully Maryland, Ga Tech, or Temple (my remaining games) give them a game. This was at least better than the Bradly game in that respect.

Did you get to go to the Maryland game? That was a competitive game. Fun to watch on TV.

Did you get to go to the Maryland game? That was a competitive game. Fun to watch on TV.

Yes I did. Very exciting indeed. In fact, I finally got to see Cameron do what it does. Not just a bunch of effing students heckle some sad-sack team that they're pummeling, but the entire stadium erupt at a truly crucial shot (of which there were several). Too bad the Terps couldn't make FTs or I would have seen my second Maryland upset of Dook at Cameron in as many times (prior to this year, I'd been to Cameron once, back in '03 and watched Maryland beat them).

The tipping point was when Maryland charged out in the 2nd to go up by 6, then drew the 4th foul on little Plumlee and were shooting 2 to go up by 8. Missed both, then Duke scores 5 to close it to one and all the mo was gone. It didn't help that those 2 FTs were the first of 5 in a row they missed.

Gotta love the homers. This guy behind me was screaming at every-single-call. We were down by the Maryland bench in the corner. So we had a great view of a very small section of the court, not so much of the rest. A ref whistles a Duke guy for stepping out of bounds in the opposite corner. And the ref is standing like 2 ft from the play. Dude behind me goes ballistic. "Oh REF! OPEN YOUR EYES!!!"

From our vantage point, kid could have been 3 ft in bounds or 3 ft out of bounds for all I could tell. But yeah, ref "obviously" blew that call. :wacko:

Yes I did. Very exciting indeed. In fact, I finally got to see Cameron do what it does. Not just a bunch of effing students heckle some sad-sack team that they're pummeling, but the entire stadium erupt at a truly crucial shot (of which there were several). Too bad the Terps couldn't make FTs or I would have seen my second Maryland upset of Dook at Cameron in as many times (prior to this year, I'd been to Cameron once, back in '03 and watched Maryland beat them).

The tipping point was when Maryland charged out in the 2nd to go up by 6, then drew the 4th foul on little Plumlee and were shooting 2 to go up by 8. Missed both, then Duke scores 5 to close it to one and all the mo was gone. It didn't help that those 2 FTs were the first of 5 in a row they missed.

Gotta love the homers. This guy behind me was screaming at every-single-call. We were down by the Maryland bench in the corner. So we had a great view of a very small section of the court, not so much of the rest. A ref whistles a Duke guy for stepping out of bounds in the opposite corner. And the ref is standing like 2 ft from the play. Dude behind me goes ballistic. "Oh REF! OPEN YOUR EYES!!!"

From our vantage point, kid could have been 3 ft in bounds or 3 ft out of bounds for all I could tell. But yeah, ref "obviously" blew that call. :wacko:

:tup: always wanted to go to a Duke game at Cameron. Sounds like good times.