[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A tribute to the Iron Man of Football

Cowboyz1

Just curious, is this really true? Because I know that people were saying that earlier this year when he was borderline. Then he went out and played a game that T Jackson was not likely capable of playing.

Certainly that wasn't the case last year.

Were there instances in Green Bay where he limped through crappy games?

Honestly, I don't recall.

For one, he was clearly not right and played terrible in the second half of his lone year with the Jets.

I can't specifically site games with the Packers, but I seem to remember games he played through, was awful and didn't make it through the game.

Edited by gsmayes

Just curious, is this really true? Because I know that people were saying that earlier this year when he was borderline. Then he went out and played a game that T Jackson was not likely capable of playing.

Certainly that wasn't the case last year.

Were there instances in Green Bay where he limped through crappy games?

Honestly, I don't recall.

In his season with the Jets it happened. He should not have been playing. His shoulder was shot. But it didn't matter, because the Jets didn't have a backup that was startable.

I am impressed by many of Favre's accomplishments, but I find it difficult to say I respect him.

. But it didn't matter, because the Jets didn't have a backup that was startable.

I am impressed by many of Favre's accomplishments, but I find it difficult to say I respect him.

I guess that's what I was wondering. Sure, maybe the dude played hurt and, thus was not 100%, but if there's nobody else worth playing, how much are you really hurting the team.

And, believe me, whatever fan I ever was of Favre was completely undone over the last few years. All starting with his pathetic act as he left GB. How much did they owe you, Brett? Whatever millions they already paid you, and that's it.

That said, not a bad day to reflect on a very impressive streak. Which, mind you was already pretty damned impressive prior to the 2nd half of his year with the Jets. And, again, should rightfully contain all his play-off games.

Favre = instant HOF and top ten QB all time. The last few years have been seriously regrettable as far as off field crap etc., but to me he doesn't regret one friggin thing he has done to his family, fans and teamates alike. Why? because he's Brett Favre! I call BS and to further prove my point was him selling his signed "streak" balls for $500 a pop on his website as his team was getting thumped last night. F'n duecewaffle move, but hey he's Brett Favre right? :wacko:

Oh and BTW, Marshall's streak is much more impressive given the nature of the game when he played and the advances in medical science.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Bulldiaper dirt. He had one of his best seasons of his career last year and was this close to taking a Brad Childress coached team to the big one. Injuries to himself and his receivers along with poor line play finally did him in.

Easy Homer.... I never said he wasn't a good player. What I called into question was his actions off the field. I believe he's done his legacy a hugh blow by the way he's conducted himself in the past 3 seasons.

Easy Homer.... I never said he wasn't a good player. What I called into question was his actions off the field. I believe he's done his legacy a hugh blow by the way he's conducted himself in the past 3 seasons.

His legacy? For starters, i will remember a player who loved to play football and went out there every frickin' day for nearly 20 years. not only that, but who gives a f$%^. The guy wanted to play football and do what he enjoys. In 50 years, is anyone gonna give a flying f$%^ who Brett Favre was? live for today, man. Don't worry what other people think. So many of you are hung up and crap that is just ridiculous.

His legacy? For starters, i will remember a player who loved to play football and went out there every frickin' day for nearly 20 years. not only that, but who gives a f$%^. The guy wanted to play football and do what he enjoys. In 50 years, is anyone gonna give a flying f$%^ who Brett Favre was? live for today, man. Don't worry what other people think. So many of you are hung up and crap that is just ridiculous.

So if Favres wife was say your sister, you would tell him good for you live for today Brett! Yeah right. Many a players "legacy" has been tarnished and remembered years later. Paul Horning, Alex Karras, Lance Allworth, Pete Rose or Ty Cobb ring a bell?

'"

So if Favres wife was say your sister, you would tell him good for you live for today Brett! Yeah right. Many a players "legacy" has been tarnished and remembered years later. Paul Horning, Alex Karras, Lance Allworth, Pete Rose or Ty Cobb ring a bell?

'"

god, your post really made no sense.

Just. Go. Away. Already.

And no more stories and general jizzfests by the sports media. amen.

I would've agreed with the OP a few years back but now good-bye and good riddance you prima donna ahole.

Assuming of course it IS good-bye....... :wacko: This has become like some sort of sick inverse of the Lions' "this is the year it's different!" thing. You think it won't be the same thing all over again, but then...

Re "the streak" it is impressive but it's as much luck and a good OL as anything. Not saying he doesn't deserve a lot of credit too of course, but lots of players play the game just as "tough" as him and don't have the big streak.

His streak will be a moot point when Manning breaks it in 6-7 years.

As for Favre, I think my disdain for him is more media driven. The PEter Kings and John Maddens of the world who constantly sang his praises as the best thing to happen EVER in football always made me like Favre less. Couple that with ESPN constantly glorifying him, the media circus around his retirements and un-retirements and I stand less than enthralled by him. Bottow line - for all the talk of his greatness - he has 1 Super Bowl win. Rings to me are always more important than stats. Ask Dan Marino - I am sure he would trade all his stats for a couple of rings.

Favre is probably top 15 in my book all time. No where near the top 5, that's for sure.

I wish him well if this is the end. Hopefully it is the end of his Wrangler commercials too.

Of course, timely as always, The Family Guy didn't fail to produce in last night's re-runs.

They always do that, "That was a worse idea than <<blank>>"

This one was, "That was a worse idea than those John Madden wedding videos". Then they proceed to have a guy that sounds like Madden break down a wedding video with a telestrator, which was funny enough I suppose. But then they have him toss in a gratuitous "Brett Favre" at the end, out of nowhere. :wacko: