[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oregon's BCS NC Uniforms

Rockerbraves

I openly admit I hate the ducks as much as I hate anything on this planet, so I might be making too big of a deal about this, but I think they've gone a little too far with their uniforms. I'm fully aware that something HAD to be done about the old green and yellow they wore for years, and at first I thought the new look was really cool.

Remember back in the day when away teams used to wear their dark uniforms to show their colors? Isn't a uniform basically still supposed to do the same thing? I liked some of the original yellow and green schemes they went with, and even integrating black into the mix as an accent to their own colors was just fine, but now they'll come in nothing but silver/white/black. Those aren't the school colors. I don't really care enough about uniforms to have a strong opinion about the subject, but I think at some point you risk having your uniforms represent the manufacturer more than they represent the university.

Not sure what it is about college football up in the Northwest. Seems like they might have an inferiority complex . You mentioned the Ducks uniforms, but how about Boise's blue turf and now Eastern Washington's red turf? http://helenair.com/image_5bfcd002-b4c6-11...1cc4c03286.html

Not sure how all the old timer Oregon fans think of all these different uniforms, but most LSU fans complain even if all LSU does is tweak the helmets or add/remove a single stripe off the jersey. As a traditionalistt myself, even I can see how Oregon benefits recruiting wise with all these unique uniform looks.

I pine for the old days when the Ducks had arguably the best uniform in all of sports.