[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Website for finding property value

Mark5

Scooby always goes to the county's appraisal distric online.... you should be able to search by address or owner name. it will give you appraised value over the last years, square footage, etc.

This may be where we looked at them a few months ago. Part of where I work has to have this info and I believe that is where they told us to go, we got bored one day at work and looked to see who had the most expensive house of the guys we work with.. Why I need this info is more important than just snooping.. Thanks SH

This may be where we looked at them a few months ago. Part of where I work has to have this info and I believe that is where they told us to go, we got bored one day at work and looked to see who had the most expensive house of the guys we work with.. Why I need this info is more important than just snooping.. Thanks SH

the numbers are meaningless btw. Well if 20-30% accuracy is ok then its might fine.

I use a combination of sites. The county auditor is a good place to start. But a caution here, a lot of counties have suspended re=evaluating property values for the last few years to help homeowners stay status quo for a while. Also, where the county does an overall appraisal of the property, it is not thorough and it generally considered very lowball. It certainly isn't 'asking price' accurate, but it can give you a place to start in negotiations.

I've used Zillow....though I wouldn't call them all that accurate either. Great site to look at area trends though.

Trulia is pretty good. But they tend to be about 3-4 weeks behind in placing properties for sale on their site. It's a good site for previous sales.

For an accurate compilation of active listings, I use RealLiving.com around here. Realtor.com isn't too bad. Trick is to narrow down your search with advanced search settings. But only include the few items most important to you. Max asking price, acreage, single-family home (to Josh Gordon out condos), number of full baths......etc.

From there, you can research individual properties you like with the other sites.

Honestly......I've found NO ONE site that you can trust implicitly or rely on for ALL the info. Gotta do your homework!

I also use Bing maps to get a feel for the area with Bird's eye view. If there are fields around the house......make sure you know who owns them and if they are prime locations to be sold and turned into malls......or damn chicken farms.......LOL.