[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GREINKE TRADED!

Chavez

Royals trade Greinke and SS Betencourt to the Brewers for SS Escobar, CF Cain, and minor league P Odruzzi and Jeffers

Has been made official? been hearing about this all morning, also heard KC was sending over $2 mil.

No blue chippers, but 4 players that will contibute and make the roster.

Nice SP to go with Gallordo in brew town.

Edited by SLAYER

Has been made official? been hearing about this all morning, also heard KC was sending over $2 mil.

No blue chippers, but 4 players that will contibute and make the roster.

Everything I've seen makes it sound like a done deal. Basically on the players:

Cain looked good last yr, promising OF prospect

Escobar was the current SS, apparently similar #s to Betencourt but Betencourt has more pop; Escobar MUCH better than Betencourt, who's a butcher in the field

Odorizzi is the Brewers top P prospect, which historically is akin to being a tall midget - 7-3 with a 3.43 ERA in A-ball

Jeffress can wing it 100 mph, but has no secondary pitches; profiles as a reliever, might end up being a closer

Consensus is Escobar and Cain have all-star potential. Assuming Greinke remains healthy and productive, the key is how good Odorizzi ends up.

As it stands, Greinke immediately is the ace (which I agree, you're right that Greinke/Gallardo is a nice 1-2 punch! Brewers also traded for Shaun Marcum from Toronto and have the solid Randy Wolf as well) of the staff; going forward, I'd say Cain and Escobar WILL be on the roster for KC, if not starting (not sure who KC has at those positions); Jeffress can probably come up into the pen at any time, and Odorizzi is a year or two away from the majors.

Edited by Chavez

Everything I've seen makes it sound like a done deal. Basically on the players:

Cain looked good last yr, promising OF prospect

Escobar was the current SS, apparently similar #s to Betencourt but Betencourt has more pop; Escobar MUCH better than Betencourt, who's a butcher in the field

Odorizzi is the Brewers top P prospect, which historically is akin to being a tall midget - 7-3 with a 3.43 ERA in A-ball

Jeffress can wing it 100 mph, but has no secondary pitches; profiles as a reliever, might end up being a closer

Consensus is Escobar and Cain have all-star potential. Assuming Greinke remains healthy and productive, the key is how good Odorizzi ends up.

Agree can't believe they are going to start Betencourt at SS, definite downgrade.

Agree can't believe they are going to start Betencourt at SS, definite downgrade.

Well, the offseason ain't over yet.

Baseball isn't my forte, I'm not quite sure what the Brewers might have in the pipeline at SS (or CF, for that matter - Carlos Gomez is a hack).

Just read that they had a better deal from the Nationals that included Storen and Espinozza, but Grienke would not waive his no trade clause for it to happen, though he did for the Brewers trade.

Edited by SLAYER

Sad but inevitable. At least we got something for him. My wife and I were at a game this year, and they had a trivia question name the three Royals that have hit homeruns from both sides of the plate. I told my wife that I bet Johnny Damon and Carlos Beltran were on the list. Her reply, "No. They said ROYALS." :wacko: