[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weather in Philly predicted to be horrendous

i_am_the_swammi

Just a heads up to anyone starting Vick, Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, Akers, Rice, Peterson, or Harvin tomorrow night. We are forecast to get 8-12 inches of blowing snow, with a high winds making temps feel like they are in the single digits.

Thank the NFL for flexing this game to 8:20....was supposed to be a 1:00 gametime, right at the start of the storm. As it stands now, the worst is supposed to be between 6PM-12AM :wacko: Could make for an ugly offensive game....one the Eagles need to clinch the East.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great...keeps getting better for me!!

Lost MJD this weekend (and didnt get Jennings).....Have Vick and Desean Jackson......oh well...

hoping Vick can do what Brady did!

Dude, we know you didn't get Jennings as much as you have knocked and talked him down on here since last evening...:wacko:.

If your talking/thinking can actually make things happen in real life, Jennings will be a pretty poor option tomorrow...:tup:.

Just a heads up to anyone starting Vick, Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, Akers, Rice, Peterson, or Harvin tomorrow night. We are forecast to get 8-12 inches of blowing snow, with a high winds making temps feel like they are in the single digits.

Thank the NFL for flexing this game to 8:20....was supposed to be a 1:00 gametime, right at the start of the storm. As it stands now, the worst is supposed to be between 6PM-12AM :wacko: Could make for an ugly offensive game....one the Eagles need to clinch the East.

Not only do I have Vick, AJ and Moreno, I also face the Philly D. This is a very deep team but how many breaks are going my opponents way right now? ugh...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaki...-112452614.html

After several days’ worth of computer model flip-flops, the big snowstorm possibility appears likely as a potentially crippling Nor'Easter could dump more than a foot of snow on parts of the area.

On Christmas afternoon nearly all of the computer models were suggesting major snowfall for most of the area, with higher amounts closer to the shore. Saturday afternoon, the National Weather Service put out a Winter Storm Warning for Sunday into Monday for almost the entire Philadelphia region.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaki...-112452614.html

After several days’ worth of computer model flip-flops, the big snowstorm possibility appears likely as a potentially crippling Nor'Easter could dump more than a foot of snow on parts of the area.

On Christmas afternoon nearly all of the computer models were suggesting major snowfall for most of the area, with higher amounts closer to the shore. Saturday afternoon, the National Weather Service put out a Winter Storm Warning for Sunday into Monday for almost the entire Philadelphia region.

YES! I face Vick in two championships and McCoy/Jackson in another. (Ofcourse, I am starting Vick in AY2FDCBM, but I can survive an average Vick game).

I would like to think the NFL has a contingency plan in place to move the game to Monday night if this is as bad as anticipated... for the second time this year (and for the second time for the Vikings).

then they can change the name of the league to the Lil P u s s y League.

Wow. Thanks for the warm responses and Merry Christmas wishes.

Am I the only person who is thinking of things other than the game, like the logistics of a snowed in city getting people who work at the stadium to the field, clearing parking lots, will the Philly roads be clear for this, etc?

Start thinking big picture, not the itty bitty picture. In my personal experience, I was snowed in while travelling through Philly about 4 years ago for 2 days. It happens. How likely is this? IDK. How likely is it the roof of a domed stadium collapses...? Oh... wait...

Of course, this could be a moot point if the weather system in question changes path.

Just my :wacko:

Maybe this explains what I'm trying to say here...

:wacko:

An Eagles spokesman said Saturday evening there was no word from the league about whether officials are considering changing the time or date of the game. Generally, as long as players from both teams can safely get to the stadium, the league does not change anything - no matter how bad conditions are.

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter said Saturday night in an interview on WTXF (Channel 29) that as far as the city is concerned, the game will go on.

"That's not our call, that's the NFL's call," Nutter said. "As far as we're concerned, the game is still on."

If not, then maybe this one...

:tup:

The last time a storm of this magnitude hit the region was the “Snowicane” on February 26, 2010,, when New York City schools were closed for a rare snow day and winds of up to 91 mph lashed the East Coast.

"Snowicane"?

the league does not change anything - no matter how bad conditions are.

What more do you need to know Nancy?

Snow games get the biggest ratings of all.

Vick could rush for 200 yards if it's that bad.

Does philly have public transportation to the stadium?

it's only, what, 12 inches? We're not talking 12 feet here.

then they can change the name of the league to the Lil P u s s y League.

seriously -it's FOOTBALL- why would they move the game

- I can't wait until the AM- I'm hitting the food store early (just to be safe) and then staying in my PJ's all day long watching NFL RedZone until the Birds play at night- btw, local reports NOW are for 9-14" of snow, with Blizzard conditions, 50+ MPH winds, etc. for the later part of the day and night (including the start of the game)- gonna be ugly weather.

Big woooo .... snow ..... if anything, the Eagles may run Weaver a little more, may be a few less targets out there, Celek may get more involved, who knows. But the weather ain't makin' me pull Vick for Fitzpatrick. Let Vick get through the middle on a blitz and it's to the endzone.

McCoy, but we get your drift...