[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weather in Philly predicted to be horrendous

i_am_the_swammi

Big woooo .... snow ..... if anything, the Eagles may run Weaver a little more, may be a few less targets out there, Celek may get more involved, who knows. But the weather ain't makin' me pull Vick for Fitzpatrick. Let Vick get through the middle on a blitz and it's to the endzone.

:wacko:

Weaver is on IR.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest forecast:

Forecast Details from the Weather Team

Today - Snow...mainly this afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times this afternoon. Snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Brisk with highs in the lower 30s. North winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Tonight - Periods of snow. Blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Total snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches. Windy with lows around 20. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent

Link

i'm guess they decided b/f Favre was hurt. Like it or not, Vick and Favre are probably the two biggest ratings draws in the league.

No they decided last week before the games when he was out for the season.

Couldn't flex the Giant Packer game. FOX has the double header and could protect that game. This is a pretty bad week. Maybe the game they should have flexed was Indy at Oak? Not much to choose from. So I guess they defaulted to Vick and the slim chance they'd get Favre. Again, not much to choose from this week in terms of flexing.

Well, in that case the decision in questionable. GB-NYG would've been the best choice - maybe there was a reason they couldn't move that game. or maybe they thought rodgers would be out. :wacko:

Fox had protected that game from being flexed.

According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the league is currently discussing postponing Sunday night's Eagles - Vikings game.

The National Weather Advisory has issued a winter storm warning for the area surrounding Lincoln Financial Field between 7:00 AM ET Sunday and 1:00 PM ET Monday. According to Weather.com there is a 100 percent chance of snow between those times. The game is scheduled to be played at 8:20 ET Sunday night. Stay tuned for updates.

Apologies to lennykravitz2004!

Edited by The Next Generation

If they move this game the pussification of the NFL continues. You have to send a handwritten invitation to hit a wr now. Running backs are asking for opposing QB's autographs after said QB just beat Said rb's team on the rb's team home field. Now we are moving games because of snow. I guess we will never witness another Ice Bowl :wacko:

If they move this game the pussification of the NFL continues. You have to send a handwritten invitation to hit a wr now. Running backs are asking for opposing QB's autographs after said QB just beat Said rb's team on the rb's team home field. Now we are moving games because of snow. I guess we will never witness another Ice Bowl :wacko:

I have to agree. Might as well put domes on all the stadiums and play two hand touch. It is kind of ridiculous. Okay, it will snow. A lot of fans won't show...PLAY the darn game. It is ridiculous now.

According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the league is currently discussing postponing Sunday night's Eagles - Vikings game.

The National Weather Advisory has issued a winter storm warning for the area surrounding Lincoln Financial Field between 7:00 AM ET Sunday and 1:00 PM ET Monday. According to Weather.com there is a 100 percent chance of snow between those times. The game is scheduled to be played at 8:20 ET Sunday night. Stay tuned for updates.

If they are going to postpone it, I hope they make the call ASAP. I realize fantasy owners are the last thing on their mind right now, but it would be nice to know if players are playing in a snownami or if they will have better conditions tomorrow night seeing as how this is the Fantasy Bowl for most leagues I know of... :wacko:

You, sir, have restored my faith in this forum.

Thank you.

FWIW... I never said I wanted to see the game get postponed. I never said I didn't want to see the game played in snow. I never said the Linc had a dome. I worked as an usher at the old Busch Stadium here in STL, and I have a bit of an understanding of what all goes into putting games on like this. Just the shear number of people involved alone - ushers, vendors, maintenance, etc. The players may be able to get to the stadium, but what about the "regular" people who are working and counting on this for income? Fans may not come out in the numbers they would otherwise as well. And when the mayor uses the phrase "state of emergency", I would think football moves down the list of priorities. You know, behind things like the safety of people.

GL to all in championship this week.

Edited by lennykravitz2004

What more do you need to know Nancy?

Snow games get the biggest ratings of all.

Vick could rush for 200 yards if it's that bad.

Does philly have public transportation to the stadium?

it's only, what, 12 inches? We're not talking 12 feet here.

+1

yes 12 in is quite a bit of snow but it isn't enough to shut down a city that get snow every year like Philly.... Now Atlanta getting a Inch of snow might shut down the city but that is because they don't have snow removal equipment. Philly knows it's coming they r prepping the plow trucks and the Eagles are prepping the snowblowers....

They won't move the game, they postpone it, alll they will do is play football. I'll bet this game is going to be interesting due to the weather and I'm going to try and catch it after work but we'll have to see...

what about the fans going to this game? like me. it will be insane trying to get there and trying to get home.

Or the players, coaches, officials, TV personell, etc...that may have to try to get back to their homes/hotels while the city is dealing with trying to remove potentially 14+ inches of blowing snow?

I guess my biggest question: what would be the main drawbacks of pushing the game to Monday Night? I can't think of any :wacko:

+1

yes 12 in is quite a bit of snow but it isn't enough to shut down a city that get snow every year like Philly....

Do you know how many snowstorms totaling 12+ inches of snow the Philadelphia area has had in the last 15 years? Try just seven....each of them resulting in a State of Emergency being declared, which means its illegal to drive on roads.

FYI: weather has been updated...now calling for 10-20 inches

New storm totals

If link isn't working

Issued by The National Weather Service

Philadelphia, PA

11:27 am EST, Sun., Dec. 26, 2010

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST MONDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS: EIGHT TO TWELVE INCHES.

* TIMING: NOW OCCURRING AND ENDING BY NOON MONDAY. THE GREATEST INTENSITY WILL BE FROM THIS AFTERNOON INTO TONIGHT.

* IMPACTS: TRAVEL WILL BECOME HAZARDOUS DUE TO SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS EXPECTED WITH GREATLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.

* WINDS: NORTHERLY WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH EXPECTED.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.