[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huskies dominating .....

theprofessor

Huskers played like crap, it was embarassing and a shameful way for Gomes, Prince, Allen, Helu, Hagg, and SEVERAL other important seniors to go out.

That said, LOL @ huskies fans giving props to Locker.

It was the guys upfront on BOTH sides of the ball, and Polk.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huskers played like crap, it was embarassing and a shameful way for Gomes, Prince, Allen, Helu, Hagg, and SEVERAL other important seniors to go out.

That said, LOL @ huskies fans giving props to Locker.

It was the guys upfront on BOTH sides of the ball, and Polk.

Locker fan or not, Jake Locker made key plays throughout the game with his legs, ran THROUGH and around the Huskers and managed the game superbly. The only one laughing is the Huskies and the Husky fans. You are right about the guys up front though as we dominated the huskers all game and that was a great surprise to everyone. And Chris Polk is an absolute BEAST. The guy has all the tools to be elite at the next level.

Edited by theprofessor

when utah runs rough shot in the Pac-10 next yr, and the throttling TCU put on them might change your mind. the Pac-10 is better known as the Pathetic - 10 when it comes to defense.

You can always dream. :wacko:

After playing the 2nd toughest SOS in the nation this year, the Huskies 3 non conference games in 2011 include Hawaii and Nebraska. Things aren't going to get any easier. Maybe the Cornhuskers will be interested in this one :wacko: Sark and crew look like they're doing a great job recruiting and beating Nebraska in the middle of talent rich California will only help. It will be interesting to see if Nic Montana will be ready to take over the QB position from Price. The Conference of Champions looks to be very tough again.

Locker fan or not, Jake Locker made key plays throughout the game with his legs, ran THROUGH and around the Huskers and managed the game superbly. The only one laughing is the Huskies and the Husky fans. You are right about the guys up front though as we dominated the huskers all game and that was a great surprise to everyone. And Chris Polk is an absolute BEAST. The guy has all the tools to be elite at the next level.

how does his game solidify his 'status' as an 'elite qb'? i cant comprehend that. and anyone using the 'nebraska isnt interested' excuse is a penny laning ruh-tard. what does 'the only one laughing' mean anyway? the only people i see making excuses for huskers are people who ARENT husker fans. us husker fans, as far as ive seen, have accepted the defeat and know we got our butts kicked.

how does his game solidify his 'status' as an 'elite qb'? i cant comprehend that. and anyone using the 'nebraska isnt interested' excuse is a penny laning ruh-tard. what does 'the only one laughing' mean anyway? the only people i see making excuses for huskers are people who ARENT husker fans. us husker fans, as far as ive seen, have accepted the defeat and know we got our butts kicked.

There's no doubt that the status that Jake has reached is mostly from a "potential" standpoint because of his intangibles, freakish athleticism., toughness and 4.3 speed. I agree that he has a lot of improvement to show with his ability to go through his progressions and with his accuracy but the guy definitely has the "it" factor.

IMO, people criticize Jake's passing statistics so much that they overlook the other things he does that impacts the game. Over his career at UW he has had very marginal talent around him both on the offensive line and at the skill positions. However, during the last 2 years Polk and Kearse have shown that their both elite type players. During Jake's first two years he was not able to develop as a QB the way he could have had he had adequate protection. He was so often flushed out of the pocket that he started instinctively to leave the pocket to try to make something happen with his legs when, at times, he didn't need to.

When Sarkisian came in two years ago he worked with Jake on staying in the pocket more and going through his progressions. While he has improved he still has a way to go. The Nebraska corners are both next level type playes and took our WR out of their routes with their physical play at the LOS. Our WR could create no seperation at all. To blame Jake's passing numbers solely on Jake is idiotic. One of the few times our WR got open Jake threw a great over the shoulder pass to Goodwin for a big first down. Perfect pass with great accuracy and touch.

There's no doubt Jake will wow the scouts and the coaches at the combine. His shuttle and 40 time will be off the charts and his arm strength will be as good as anyone in Indy. His stock will only get better from this point on. The kids got impressive character along with amazing talent and I would love to see him prove the naysayers wrong. I see him going somewhere between the 18-26 pick.

BTW, when I mentioned "elite" I was speaking about Chris Polk.

There's no doubt that the status that Jake has reached is mostly from a "potential" standpoint because of his intangibles, freakish athleticism., toughness and 4.3 speed. I agree that he has a lot of improvement to show with his ability to go through his progressions and with his accuracy but the guy definitely has the "it" factor.

IMO, people criticize Jake's passing statistics so much that they overlook the other things he does that impacts the game. Over his career at UW he has had very marginal talent around him both on the offensive line and at the skill positions. However, during the last 2 years Polk and Kearse have shown that their both elite type players. During Jake's first two years he was not able to develop as a QB the way he could have had he had adequate protection. He was so often flushed out of the pocket that he started instinctively to leave the pocket to try to make something happen with his legs when, at times, he didn't need to.

When Sarkisian came in two years ago he worked with Jake on staying in the pocket more and going through his progressions. While he has improved he still has a way to go. The Nebraska corners are both next level type playes and took our WR out of their routes with their physical play at the LOS. Our WR could create no seperation at all. To blame Jake's passing numbers solely on Jake is idiotic. One of the few times our WR got open Jake threw a great over the shoulder pass to Goodwin for a big first down. Perfect pass with great accuracy and touch.

There's no doubt Jake will wow the scouts and the coaches at the combine. His shuttle and 40 time will be off the charts and his arm strength will be as good as anyone in Indy. His stock will only get better from this point on. The kids got impressive character along with amazing talent and I would love to see him prove the naysayers wrong. I see him going somewhere between the 18-26 pick.

Locker now runs a 4.3 Yea right. There is no way in hell he runs a 4.3. Anyone saying so is a complete liar. And this one we will see at the combine, if he isnt to scared to participate. Locker couldnt carry Tebows joke at the college level, and isnt going to be close to him at the next level too. Locker is a joke now around the country, and very soon you will see what the rest of us see when he is taken 2 rounds higher than he should, and that is if hes drafted in round 3. Jakes passing numbers were a complete joke all year, 4 times he threw for less than 100 yards in a game. It wasnt just Nebraska, so that pathetic excuse holds no water what so ever. And what amazing talent are you talking about, Hes big, cant throw to save his life and runs when he is in trouble. yea, well Vince Young was 10 times the runner Locker was, a winner, and alot better passer, and he isnt cutting it in the NFL either. Especially now that he isnt the runner he once was, because at the next level, he isnt out running LBs anymore.

Locker now runs a 4.3 Yea right. There is no way in hell he runs a 4.3. Anyone saying so is a complete liar. And this one we will see at the combine, if he isnt to scared to participate. Locker couldnt carry Tebows joke at the college level, and isnt going to be close to him at the next level too. Locker is a joke now around the country, and very soon you will see what the rest of us see when he is taken 2 rounds higher than he should, and that is if hes drafted in round 3. Jakes passing numbers were a complete joke all year, 4 times he threw for less than 100 yards in a game. It wasnt just Nebraska, so that pathetic excuse holds no water what so ever. And what amazing talent are you talking about, Hes big, cant throw to save his life and runs when he is in trouble. yea, well Vince Young was 10 times the runner Locker was, a winner, and alot better passer, and he isnt cutting it in the NFL either. Especially now that he isnt the runner he once was, because at the next level, he isnt out running LBs anymore.

I love it when you continue to validate everyone's opinions of you :tup: Is there a T00L of the decade award? We have a winner folks. :wacko:

thats what im saying. he didnt just suck vs nebraska. i get that our corners were good and outplayed the WR's, but what about almost every other game?

thats what im saying. he didnt just suck vs nebraska. i get that our corners were good and outplayed the WR's, but what about almost every other game?

He did have 4 poor passing statistical games out of 12 with two being against Nebraska. The other one's were against Stanford where he threw the ball only 14 times and the other was against UCLA where they won easily and he only threw the ball 21 times. Jake also played against some of the toughest competition this year, per sagarin, the Huskies had the 2nd toughest SOS. Jake also threw for 310 yards @ USC and ran for another 110 in the same game. Looking forward to watching how Jake does. Certainly can't be any worse than this Vince Young guy that Mr. 5 Alias :wacko: has been nuthugging for the last 4 years!

I love it when you continue to validate everyone's opinions of you :lol: Is there a T00L of the decade award? We have a winner folks. :tup:

Dude, you won that award 5 years ago. And the leader in the clubhouse for the next decade as well.

How funny people are actually agreeing with my assesment of Jake, and you spew this above. :wacko:

He did have 4 poor passing statistical games out of 12 with two being against Nebraska. The other one's were against Stanford where he threw the ball only 14 times and the other was against UCLA where they won easily and he only threw the ball 21 times. Jake also played against some of the toughest competition this year, per sagarin, the Huskies had the 2nd toughest SOS. Jake also threw for 310 yards @ USC and ran for another 110 in the same game. Looking forward to watching how Jake does. Certainly can't be any worse than this Vince Young guy that Mr. 5 Alias :tup: has been nuthugging for the last 4 years!

4 out of 12, guess again Sherlock. Just 4 under 100 yards.

He threw for 300 yards once this season, Once last season , and once in 2007.

3- 300 yard passing games in his 4 yr career.

He threw more than 1 TD exactly 3 times this yr

Funny you mention the SC game, the only game he threw for 300 yards this season going against some of the worst pass defenses in the country there in the Pathetic-10. How bout the UCLA game, where he threw for only 68 yards on 20 passing attempts, How do you only gain 68 passing yards on 20 passing attempts. Also in the UCLA , Jake had 9 rushing yards. Against Stanford he threw for 64 yards and had only 1 rushing yard.

So he accounted for 77 total yards against UCLA, in a Huskies win.

He accounted for 65 total yards against Stanford in s 4-10 trashing

yea, that is some great QB play there. :wacko:

Vince Young took his team to a National Title, and won one of the greatest games in NCAA history against heavily favored SC, who was said to be the best college football team of all time. And look at his stats his final year. Actually lets compare them

Jake Locker Senior Year

7-6 record

2265 passing yards

17 passing touchdowns

385 rushing yards

6 rushing touchdowns

Vince Young Final Year

13-0, won the National Championship

3036 passing yards

26 passing touchdowns

1050 rushing yards

12 rushing touchdowns

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=135107

Its an embarassment to even compare these 2. Jake had a losing record as a college QB, couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, isnt even comparable to Vince in any stat, heart, will, rushing, passing, passing TD, rushing TD, games won, and the list goes on and on and on.

You continue to embarass yourself sticking up for this kid. He maybe a good kid, but he is a below avg QB, and anyone drafting him is going to set their franchise back 5 years. And its going to be fun reminding you as such through out the years. :lol:

Edited by Living the Dream

4 out of 12, guess again Sherlock. Just 4 under 100 yards.

He threw for 300 yards once this season, Once last season , and once in 2007.

3- 300 yard passing games in his 4 yr career.

He threw more than 1 TD exactly 3 times this yr

Funny you mention the SC game, the only game he threw for 300 yards this season going against some of the worst pass defenses in the country there in the Pathetic-10. How bout the UCLA game, where he threw for only 68 yards on 20 passing attempts, How do you only gain 68 passing yards on 20 passing attempts. Also in the UCLA , Jake had 9 rushing yards. Against Stanford he threw for 64 yards and had only 1 rushing yard.

So he accounted for 77 total yards against UCLA, in a Huskies win.

He accounted for 65 total yards against Stanford in s 4-10 trashing

yea, that is some great QB play there. :wacko:

Vince Young took his team to a National Title, and won one of the greatest games in NCAA history against heavily favored SC, who was said to be the best college football team of all time. And look at his stats his final year. Actually lets compare them

Jake Locker Senior Year

7-6 record

2265 passing yards

17 passing touchdowns

385 rushing yards

6 rushing touchdowns

Vince Young Final Year

13-0, won the National Championship

3036 passing yards

26 passing touchdowns

1050 rushing yards

12 rushing touchdowns

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=135107

Its an embarassment to even compare these 2. Jake had a losing record as a college QB, couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, isnt even comparable to Vince in any stat, heart, will, rushing, passing, passing TD, rushing TD, games won, and the list goes on and on and on.

You continue to embarass yourself sticking up for this kid. He maybe a good kid, but he is a below avg QB, and anyone drafting him is going to set their franchise back 5 years. And its going to be fun reminding you as such through out the years. :lol:

While I won't continue this debate as this thread started out about the Huskies dominating the Huskers. Which they did. You found the need to talk about Jake Locker, which has been your thing since day one. My point about Vince Young was about what a huge dissapointment he has been since entering the NFL, the same way you are predicting Jake Locker will be. Lastly, your reputation here speaks for itself. You have no class and you show it every single day in here. You have been and always will be the joke of the huddle. Living the Dream, Sooner Nation, Brent, Boomer Sooner .... am I missing one? Probably two :tup: Fraud.

While I won't continue this debate as this thread started out about the Huskies dominating the Huskers. Which they did. You found the need to talk about Jake Locker, which has been your thing since day one. My point about Vince Young was about what a huge dissapointment he has been since entering the NFL, the same way you are predicting Jake Locker will be. Lastly, your reputation here speaks for itself. You have no class and you show it every single day in here. You have been and always will be the joke of the huddle. Living the Dream, Sooner Nation, Brent, Boomer Sooner .... am I missing one? Probably two :tup: Fraud.

I dont remember people saying Vince Young was going to be a bust, like many are doing Locker. In fact fans in Houston were saying he should have been taken #1. You rave about Locker being such a great QB, yet he has no skins on the wall what so ever. So then you want to talk about the future, which what else can you say, his stats, record prove he was no better than avg Qb, in a pathetic conference. So I applaud you for stopping the bleeding on the Locker debate. :wacko:

Ill never have to worry about being the biggest joke - tool here, you have had that title for years. Hell there are 2 others here that will make sure Im not even in the top 3 of this particular category. So I thank you for that. :lol:

You rave about Locker being such a great QB, yet he has no skins on the wall what so ever. So then you want to talk about the future, which what else can you say, his stats, record prove he was no better than avg Qb, in a pathetic conference.

Please show me where I said Jake Locker is a GREAT QB? I'll wait ....

LMFAO at you calling the Pac-10 a pathetic conference when you hang on the little sack of the little 12 :wacko: Top 3 teams in the North get beat down by the likes of Syracuse, Iowa and Washington. And another blowout loss to the 6th place Big 10 fighting Illini. Hey but you have wins against UConn, Arizona and a squeeker against the 8th place Big 10 Wildcats from Northwestern. What a powerhouse conference that is :tup:

You're a CLOWN!

Please show me where I said Jake Locker is a GREAT QB? I'll wait ....

LMFAO at you calling the Pac-10 a pathetic conference when you hang on the little sack of the little 12 :wacko: Top 3 teams in the North get beat down by the likes of Syracuse, Iowa and Washington. And another blowout loss to the 6th place Big 10 fighting Illini. Hey but you have wins against UConn, Arizona and a squeeker against the 8th place Big 10 Wildcats from Northwestern. What a powerhouse conference that is :tup:

You're a CLOWN!

No John Clayton, that would be you.

the Big 12 north is a complete joke. It has been for a decade. Ive never said the Big 12 is Conferene of Champions, the best conference, etc... like you tools from the Pathetic -10 do. So me ripping the Pac-10, its because you tools continue to praise a very week conference. Its is in no way saying I think my conference is the best of the best. I clearly think even though the SEC had a down year by their standards, it is still the top conference followed by a distance the Big 12 South. I cant even say the Big 12, because the north is so bad, unless they are playing at home. ala Missouri. Nebraska proved losing to UW, they are an embarassment this yr. And now they will fit right in the with Big 10 for future bowl games.

Now the Big 12 South is 3-1, with wins over Big East Conference Champs, Uconn, Pac-10 fraud Arizona, and Northwestern.

And you have only being blowing Jake for the last 3 months in multiple threads. I can link the threads here if you have suddenly forgot. Geez, you are the Henry Muto of this forum. And just like him, a lil UW success makes you unbearable. Hell we just kicked the ever livin chit out of Uconn, and I barely posted at all after the game about. I expected it to happen, and it did. Nothing really to discuss. But UW hasnt been here for a decade or more, and you act like it.

the Big 12 north is a complete joke. It has been for a decade. Ive never said the Big 12 is Conferene of Champions, the best conference, etc... like you tools from the Pathetic -10 do. So me ripping the Pac-10, its because you tools continue to praise a very week conference. Its is in no way saying I think my conference is the best of the best. I clearly think even though the SEC had a down year by their standards, it is still the top conference followed by a distance the Big 12 South. I cant even say the Big 12, because the north is so bad, unless they are playing at home. ala Missouri. Nebraska proved losing to UW, they are an embarassment this yr. And now they will fit right in the with Big 10 for future bowl games.

Now the Big 12 South is 3-1, with wins over Big East Conference Champs, Uconn, Pac-10 fraud Arizona, and Northwestern.

And you have only being blowing Jake for the last 3 months in multiple threads. I can link the threads here if you have suddenly forgot. Geez, you are the Henry Muto of this forum. And just like him, a lil UW success makes you unbearable. Hell we just kicked the ever livin chit out of Uconn, and I barely posted at all after the game about. I expected it to happen, and it did. Nothing really to discuss. But UW hasnt been here for a decade or more, and you act like it.

3-1 with wins over seriously sucktacular teams isn't a whole lot to crow about. Arizona is the BEST team of that bunch. UConn blows hard enough that their coach just bolted to powerhouse Maryland while NW is well, NW. But, hey, at least the Big-12 isn't the Big LEast or the Big 10.

On a totally separate note, what are they going to call the Big 10 and Big 12 now that the Big 10 has 12 teams and the Big 12 has 10?

Edited by Trojanmojo

On a totally separate note, what are they going to call the Big 10 and Big 12 now that the Big 10 has 12 teams and the Big 12 has 10?

The Big 10 changed their logo but keeping that name, unsure about the Big 12.

Wow, this is getting old and redundant and I'll quit here. I have never touted the Pac-10 as the best conference in college football. Never. I use the "Conference of Champions" moniker because the Pac-10 uses it to describe their history of accomplishments in all sports The Pac-10 has won more national championships in SPORTS than any other conference, but you knew that, right? :rofl: The truth is, I use that most of the time because of your continued mindless, verbal thrashing of this conference. My bad. Perhaps I need to grow up up too. :wacko:

You can't split the BIG 12 in half and say were the 2nd best :tup: but I guess, to you, that probably makes perfect sense. You beat the chit out of UConn? :rofl: A proud moment. Your limited posts about the game is understood. Nothing really to talk about is there? True, my Huskies haven't been relevant in a while and there are reasons for that. If you look at the threads I start about the Huskies it's been balanced as far as my commentary. Are we back to being dominant like we have been in the past? No. But I am excited about the change of direction this program has taken since being 0-12 just two years ago. The huskies have great tradition and there's no doubt in my mind that we will be back in the Top 20 regularly.

I don't bash other teams or other players ... that's what you do. That's who you are. He11 I've witnessed you make personal attacks on family members of posters on this site. As I said your reputation, speaks for itself and has been earned. Sadly, people like you never learn from their mistakes. Perhaps a walk to the wood shed is in order :lol:

I cant even say the Big 12, because the north is so bad, unless they are playing at home. ala Missouri. Nebraska proved losing to UW, they are an embarassment this yr. And now they will fit right in the with Big 10 for future bowl games.

Nebraska came out flat and lost to a motivated Husky team that showed a lot of heart. But let's not rewrite history too much. Nebraska's losses to Texas A&M was by 3 points and to the sooners in the conf. championship was by 3 points. Neither of those games were at home and they beat Okie state (who is a pretty good team) on the road. Mizzou (who I swear always goes downhill late in the season) lost on a 4th quarter pick 6 to Iowa. K State (who isn't very good but has decent coaching) basically got screwed out of a chance to tie that game up because 20 year old kid decided to salute the fans and was flagged for excessive celebration. Forcing them to go for the 2 point conversion from the 18 yard line (which most teams would never convert). With Syracuse defense I'd say they had a 50/50 shot at getting that 2 point conversion if it had been a normal one and I'd give them the edge in overtime. But yea, Nebraska has offensive coordinator problems and a freshman quarterback so if they turn the ball over and commit a lot of penalties they will typically lose when playing against a good team. I think a 10 win season is far from "an embarrassment" but it is below what we were capable of with a better QB or OC.

Jake Locker is a really nice guy. He has a really strong arm. He runs fast. He plays hard.

That is it. That is all. That is all we have seen from Jake Locker in four years. I'm not trying to get anyone bent out of shape, but after watching every game he played for four years, he never showed us anything else, sans a handful of plays or moments where all that potential actually showed itself in the form of production. His decision making is still an F, and his accuracy is probably worse. Halfway through the season, Sarkisian had to admit that they were only going to win about three games if he continued to let Jake make decisions in the passing game on a regular basis. That was the most disappointing thing to me about his career. I thought, as did everybody else, that after another offseason with Sarkisian, he would have come into this season dramatically improved at reading defenses and delivering accurate passes, on time. If anything, that actually got worse, as his completion percentage actually dropped his senior season. And this is the Pac-10. He was 8th in the conference. This is a QB league. Good QB's don't struggle with most of the Pac-10 defenses. Tebow threw for 70%. Locker can't do that against air.

In college, the intangibles are every bit as important as the skill, if not more. He lead a recentely 0-12 team to a bowl win over Nebraska. That is really, really good college football stuff. We're on an NFL website though, and looking through those goggles, I don't see how intangibles get the job done for him in the NFL.

He'll WOW people the first day of the combine, but after that, he's going to have to throw the ball against 30 other QB's, all of whom will be more accurate than he is. I seriously doubt he throws at the combine. It could potentially turnoff whichever nutball GM is telling themselves they HAVE TO HAVE THIS GUY. There is one out there, I don't doubt it. He'll go early, but I couldn't be more convinced that he is not an NFL QB.