[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huskies dominating .....

theprofessor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Locker is a really nice guy. He has a really strong arm. He runs fast. He plays hard.

That is it. That is all. That is all we have seen from Jake Locker in four years. I'm not trying to get anyone bent out of shape, but after watching every game he played for four years, he never showed us anything else, sans a handful of plays or moments where all that potential actually showed itself in the form of production. His decision making is still an F, and his accuracy is probably worse. Halfway through the season, Sarkisian had to admit that they were only going to win about three games if he continued to let Jake make decisions in the passing game on a regular basis. That was the most disappointing thing to me about his career. I thought, as did everybody else, that after another offseason with Sarkisian, he would have come into this season dramatically improved at reading defenses and delivering accurate passes, on time. If anything, that actually got worse, as his completion percentage actually dropped his senior season. And this is the Pac-10. He was 8th in the conference. This is a QB league. Good QB's don't struggle with most of the Pac-10 defenses. Tebow threw for 70%. Locker can't do that against air.

In college, the intangibles are every bit as important as the skill, if not more. He lead a recentely 0-12 team to a bowl win over Nebraska. That is really, really good college football stuff. We're on an NFL website though, and looking through those goggles, I don't see how intangibles get the job done for him in the NFL.

He'll WOW people the first day of the combine, but after that, he's going to have to throw the ball against 30 other QB's, all of whom will be more accurate than he is. I seriously doubt he throws at the combine. It could potentially turnoff whichever nutball GM is telling themselves they HAVE TO HAVE THIS GUY. There is one out there, I don't doubt it. He'll go early, but I couldn't be more convinced that he is not an NFL QB.

Tired. We have already dismissed you. I can't wait to watch Locker perform at the combine. He will throw and he will do well. His combine numbers will be off the charts as will his wunderlic score. Guarantee it will be 300% higher than Vince Youngs :wacko: .

Tired. We have already dismissed you. I can't wait to watch Locker perform at the combine. He will throw and he will do well. His combine numbers will be off the charts as will his wunderlic score. Guarantee it will be 300% higher than Vince Youngs :wacko: .

Have you ever seen Jake Locker throw in practice?

Theoretically, what would it take for you to eat a little crow come May? You've found convenient excuses for all of his shortcomings to this point, I can't wait to hear your upcoming explanations.

Tired. We have already dismissed you. I can't wait to watch Locker perform at the combine. He will throw and he will do well. His combine numbers will be off the charts as will his wunderlic score. Guarantee it will be 300% higher than Vince Youngs :tup: .

Vince got a 6......

So he will score an 18 of 50? Very impressive!! :wacko:

I thought he scored a 9? He11 he's even dumber than I thought? :wacko:

So you thought Jake would end up at the 27 range? I was thinking you were just about right on before. I would fall out of my chair if he gets anything higher than a 21.

Nothing you say shocks me anymore. We need to send you the wunderlic. :wacko:

Locker was All-Pac Academic Honorable mention in 2007. Not sure how he's fared since then but this scouting report has his decision making at a 10 of 10. Link

Locker was All-Pac Academic Honorable mention in 2007. Not sure how he's fared since then but this scouting report has his decision making at a 10 of 10. Link

They also gave him a 10 for accuracy. Something that you think would result in a completion percentage better than 50%. Unless his WRs just have hands of stone.

There is a huge difference between good grades and intelligence. With his work ethic, would it surprise anybody that he received academic awareds? That is just the kind of leader he is. 10 for accuracy and decision making? I'm guessing whoever writes that website has never actually seen Jake Locker play football.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to say it, but I finally passed judgment on Locker and feel he is extremely overrated.

Here is a very short list of passers that were statistically as good/better than him:

Locker 55.4% - 2265 yds - 17 - 9 (TD-INT)

Aaron Murray FR UGA - 61.1% - 3049 - 24-8

Christian Ponder FSU - 61.5% - 2044 - 20-8

Danny O'Brien MD - 57%- 2438 - 22-8

T.J. Yates UNC - 66.8% - 3418 - 19-9

Carson Coffman K. St. - 65% - 2060 - 14-7

Brandon Weeden Okie st. - 66.9- 4277 - 34-13

Ryan Nassib Syr. - 56.4%- 2334 - 19-8

Geno Smith W. Va - 64.8% - 2763 - 24-7

Ben Chappell Ind - 62.5 - 3295 - 24-9

Dan Pursa NW - 73.5% - 2581 - 15-4

Austin Davis USM - 62.9% - 3103 - 20-6

David Piland Hou - 58.3% - 2641 - 24-14