[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers is now an elite QB after FINALLY winning playoff game!

T-Scorp

He has a better playoff record than Rodgers!!! He is 3-1 in his first two years as a starter. (that is more than Broadway Joe) Rodgers is 1-1 in three years as a starter. He has won as many Playoff games as Brady did at the same age.

The Jets have made the playoffs in both of his years.

What other guys would you rather have that have not been listed?

Romo? o-for in playoffs

Cutler? maybe he has finally figured it out

Cassell? sorry but he wilted in playoffs

Shaub? who knows but with that offense he still could not get his team to the playoffs

Not talking fantasy here.

I would absolutely without hesitation take Romo and Shaub over Sanchez. What you are either omitting on purpose or dont realize in regards to his playoff run is that the Jets have one of the best O lines in Football and have a terrific running game and great defense. Sanchez has to manage games and is not normally asked to put the team on his back. I am not saying he isnt good or doesnt have a chance at a nice career, but to say he is on the edge of elite is absurd.

edit to add: and Romo isnt 0fer in playoffs. He beat Philly last year

Edited by whomper

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat a Giants team that has been good on and off.

They beat a Bears team that won the division.

They beat an Eagles team at home (a tough place to win). All of these are WINS which helps a team, such as GB, to gain momentum.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of TT and MM. But, they have GB in a good place right now....PLAYING AS A TEAM. Even though they've had injuries, backups are playing like they should. That's one of my gripes against TT not pulling in FA, but drafting depth that weren't playing at a high level. They are now and I'm eating crow. I still think MM is too conservative late in games (Play to win...dont play just not to lose.).

When one part of the team is struggling another is picking up the slack. That's where they have struggled the past two years.

That doesn't change the fact that they're massively depleted. Listen, they've got a fine chance to go. I think they can beat both ATL and whomever wins the Chicago/Seattle game. But to hear you it sounds like it's all laid out for them and that is simply not the case.

That doesn't change the fact that they're massively depleted. Listen, they've got a fine chance to go. I think they can beat both ATL and whomever wins the Chicago/Seattle game. But to hear you it sounds like it's all laid out for them and that is simply not the case.

No way it is laid out. What I was implying was that they are as hot as anyone now at this time and if they lose there can be no excuses.

The depth players are stepping up and playing at a higher level, so the "depleted" excuse shouldn't be used to fall back on.

The only thing I see beating them now are mental mistakes or being outcoached.

But again, they've beat three playoff teams and have a lot of momentum that should carry over.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

No way it is laid out. What I was implying was that they are as hot as anyone now at this time and if they lose there can be no excuses.

The only thing I see beating them now are mental mistakes or being outcoacched.

But again, they've beat three playoff teams and have a lot of momentum that should carry over.

If you're talking about their recent run, it's 2 play-off teams, one of whom played exactly one half one good quarter in the last 3 games before they faced them. I mean, go ahead, pretend that this was the same Philly team that crushed Washington on that MNF game a month or so ago, but, quite simply, it isn't. Philly was shaky as hell when the play-offs started.

But how are they "as hot as anyone now"? They looked like a "hot" team against the Giants. Prior to that they lost 2 straight. So they're 3-2 over their last 5. That's not "hot". They toughed out a gutty win against Chicago, but that wasn't a "hot" team out there. And the team I saw last night played a solid game and made the plays they needed to. Philly gave away FGs, but GB dropped a likely TD, so whatever. I'm not saying they got lucky or anything last night. But they couldn't sustain drives in the 4th like a "hot" team does.

To listen to you, you'd think we're talking about NE or something. Now there's a team with no excuses, because they're just doing what they want, when they want to. That isn't GB. GB is pulling chight off, and more power to them. Again, that's the team I hope emerges from the NFC.

As for the only thing that can beat them is mental mistakes or being outcoached? What about a talented and much healthier team playing at home where they never lose? Wouldn't that work?

If you're talking about their recent run, it's 2 play-off teams, one of whom played exactly one half one good quarter in the last 3 games before they faced them. I mean, go ahead, pretend that this was the same Philly team that crushed Washington on that MNF game a month or so ago, but, quite simply, it isn't. Philly was shaky as hell when the play-offs started.

But how are they "as hot as anyone now"? They looked like a "hot" team against the Giants. Prior to that they lost 2 straight. So they're 3-2 over their last 5. That's not "hot". They toughed out a gutty win against Chicago, but that wasn't a "hot" team out there. And the team I saw last night played a solid game and made the plays they needed to. Philly gave away FGs, but GB dropped a likely TD, so whatever. I'm not saying they got lucky or anything last night. But they couldn't sustain drives in the 4th like a "hot" team does.

To listen to you, you'd think we're talking about NE or something. Now there's a team with no excuses, because they're just doing what they want, when they want to. That isn't GB. GB is pulling chight off, and more power to them. Again, that's the team I hope emerges from the NFC.

As for the only thing that can beat them is mental mistakes or being outcoached? What about a talented and much healthier team playing at home where they never lose? Wouldn't that work?

Fair enough but if they lose the last thing anyone should say is "well if they didn't have all the injuries."

As for the original post AR Needs aa SB before he's NFL elite vs. fantasy football elite.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Romo beat Filthadelphia 3 times last yr, once in the playoffs. The exact same thing Rodgers just did. Well Beat Philly in the playoffs that is.

There is no way after just 1 playoff win, Im putting anywhere near the top 3, especially after the guys listed below have superbowl rings.

Brady

Roeth

Manning

Brees

Manning

In fact, Im not sure I put him above Rivers either. Rivers has won several playoff games, and is every bit as good as Rodgers in every phase but running, but Running has got Rodgers hurt now twice with concussions, so how smart is that really

Rodgers is more hype than substance IMO. And you said not fantasy, how can you put a guy that has 1 playoff win ever, in elite status. Just crazy packer talk here after winning a game, everyone predicted you would win, against a team that was without its best offensive weapon half the game, and missed 2 field goals. GB survived that game, Philly was driving and Vick made a poor decision to throw that ball in the end zone instead of check down and continue the drive. GB loses that game, are we having this conversation. So the GB defense all of a sudden makes him elite? I think not.

E2A: Im not hating on Rodgers. He is very very good. But this elite talk is premature at this point.

Rodgers is already elite. Behind Brees, Brady and Manning. He's eqaul to Roethlisberger. Give Rodgers a running game and see what he can do. He carries his team like the three I mentioned above.

I would absolutely without hesitation take Romo and Shaub over Sanchez. What you are either omitting on purpose or dont realize in regards to his playoff run is that the Jets have one of the best O lines in Football and have a terrific running game and great defense. Sanchez has to manage games and is not normally asked to put the team on his back. I am not saying he isnt good or doesnt have a chance at a nice career, but to say he is on the edge of elite is absurd.

edit to add: and Romo isnt 0fer in playoffs. He beat Philly last year

Well that can be said for Big Ben too. Great defense, nice running game good line. My point is that the press is annointing Rodgers AFTER one playoff win. (right or wrong it is just one win). He is/was a very good QB before that moment.

I got flack for putting Sanchez up there with the second tier QB's as far as non fantasy QB's. Not Elite QB's but in my opinion up and comers. Romo has one win (I forgot about the win last year) and has not put a team on his back to take them anywhere. Neither has Shaub and he had the top rusher in the NFL along with AJ. Maybe each was asked to do more but Sanchez is playing well in the system he is in and isn't that what you expect from your QB? He made the pass he needed to make to get them in position to win the game against Indy. Vick did not do that against GB, despite all the hype he is getting this year.

Disclaimer: Remember I am a Vikings fan, I would take any of those QB's over our situation. :wacko:

Well that can be said for Big Ben too. Great defense, nice running game good line. My point is that the press is annointing Rodgers AFTER one playoff win. (right or wrong it is just one win). He is/was a very good QB before that moment.

I got flack for putting Sanchez up there with the second tier QB's as far as non fantasy QB's. Not Elite QB's but in my opinion up and comers. Romo has one win (I forgot about the win last year) and has not put a team on his back to take them anywhere. Neither has Shaub and he had the top rusher in the NFL along with AJ. Maybe each was asked to do more but Sanchez is playing well in the system he is in and isn't that what you expect from your QB? He made the pass he needed to make to get them in position to win the game against Indy. Vick did not do that against GB, despite all the hype he is getting this year.

Disclaimer: Remember I am a Vikings fan, I would take any of those QB's over our situation. :wacko:

I agree that Dallas hasnt won the ultimate prize or many playoff games since he took over but I dont fully agree with the bolded part above. He took over a dead , lifeless team with a horrific O Line when he took the job over from Bledsoe. They went on a tear with him at the helm that year. He put them on his back to make the playoffs that year and had a playoff win in his sights until he dropped the snap vs Seattle. As far as your Big Ben comment above, look in the AFC playoff match up thread that Gil started and see my thoughts

Edited by whomper

The media wants a story. They want drama.

Sometimes they need to manufacture it.

Exactly. They're a joke in so many ways and only get worse w/time. I find myself hitting the mute button more and more - I suspect eventually I'll just find some crowd noise soundtrack and loop it and have it on in the background while watching games.

Dunno how it's reading, but as a Packer fan I kinda look at it more like Rodgers is working his way down the "young QB checklist":

- statistical proficiency - check

- comeback win - check

- lead team to playoffs - check

- play well in the playoffs - check

- win playoff game - check

- Pro Bowl - check

etc etc. I don't know of too many QBs where you looked at them after their 3rd season starting and went "oh yeah, Hall of Fame!" At this point, I'm pretty happy to look at Aaron Rodgers and go "immensely talented and productive QB who is hopefully just getting started."

without question. everyone and their dirty bird knew they were going to be passing a lot and he still crush it with no to's

31/36 for 366, 3 td's against an excellent defense.... sometimes it is not a qb's fault that the team doesn't reach playoffs or win once in.

Dude was sick last night. Yesterday morning, Brian Billick was on the radio and they asked him, after Tom Brady, who the best QB left in the play-offs was. Billick said, "I'm not sure you even take Brady out of the conversation if you're talking about Rodgers".

Now, obviously Rodgers doesn't have Brady's resume. Then again, he doesn't have his coach either. But Rodgers did it all last night. And it could have been even more dominant had Jennings not lost that fumble or ATL not run that kick back.

without question. everyone and their dirty bird knew they were going to be passing a lot and he still crush it with no to's

31/36 for 366, 3 td's against an excellent defense.... sometimes it is not a qb's fault that the team doesn't reach playoffs or win once in.

Elite

Rogers is a good QB on a great team. That adds up to elite QB.

with no real running threat..... dude has hugh shoulders!

edit: i only see brees, manning, and brady being able to carry a team that way...and these are the teams you can never count out of games.

Edited by Bier Meister

Too often QB's get too much credit and to much blame based on how their team's fare in playoff games. Marino never won a Super Bowl, Manning has a poor playoff record, but their body of work exempts them. Sanchez can hardly take any significant amount of credit for the Jets' 3-1 palyoff record the past two years. On the other hand, while Ryan is disliked, he does not get enough credit for what he has done. For instance, he won 20 games faster than any coach in Jets history. He takes, or should be getting credit for that 3-1 record, certainly not Sanchez.

More than just winning yesterday, Rodgers played a near flawless game, and IMO, more than just winning, how he played has raised him to elite status. That Falcon team ius very hard to beat at home. Rodgers not only played well, he carried the team with no running attack. The job the GB LT did on Abraham was great too. Abraham takes to many plays off, which is even more ridiculous because he doesn't play every down, but he was rendered ineffective even when he did put in the effort.

Rodgers is the whole package, and he showed that yesterday.

Rodgers is already elite. Behind Brees, Brady and Manning. He's eqaul to Roethlisberger. Give Rodgers a running game and see what he can do. He carries his team like the three I mentioned above.

Big Ben has 2 rings, multiple come from behind drives to win meaningful games, oh I dont know like their last Super Bowl. Rodgers has 2 playoff wins, put up huge numbers and you think these 2 are already equal. Complete crap.

Rodgers doesnt carry his team, the defense doesnt give up many points and Rodgers has the best cast of Wrs in the league. And his coach want to throw on almost every down, giving him the opportunity to put up big numbers. But Rodgers in Pitt system and he is Joe Flacco, not in the discussion of Brady, manning and Brees.

Just amazes me how after just one or two playoff wins, people are crowing his ass as elite. Just a joke.

E2A: Im not clowing on Rodgers, he is very very good. But instead questioning why so many are so eager to crown him as elite when he hasnt earned it yet.

Edited by Living the Dream

Big Ben has 2 rings, multiple come from behind drives to win meaningful games, oh I dont know like their last Super Bowl. Rodgers has 2 playoff wins, put up huge numbers and you think these 2 are already equal. Complete crap.

And as far as Rodgers carrying his team. No his coach wants to throw and throw and throw. GB has the best combo of Wrs in the game, and someone is always open. Put Ben in this system and Rodgers in Pitt system. Ben is being compared to manning, and Rodgers is being compared to Flacco.

Just amazes me how after just one or two playoff wins, people are crowing his ass as elite. Just a joke.

Pretty sure most people out there would pick Rodgers over Ben. Doug Williams is elite - I mean he has playoff wins and a ring. Must be elite Marino - that dude sucked.

Pretty sure most people out there would pick Rodgers over Ben. Doug Williams is elite - I mean he has playoff wins and a ring. Must be elite Marino - that dude sucked.

Yea fantasy fans would. But NFL GM;s, I wouldnt bet on that. And Marino never had the supporting cast and literally carried his team on his back. Williams had the best team in the league when they won the SB, and he was completely on fire that day. Hmm, something like rodgers yesterday.

Oh...I think most GM's would pick Rodgers over Ben, if given the choice. He started to show his brilliance in the Arizona playoff game last year. He carried it through this year. They are both eilte QB's, but Rodgers is still on the rise.

I agree but I am also biased so I am sure my opinion is skewed. I mean if you go by negatives comparing Rodgers and Big Ben you have...

Rodgers - does the stupid belt thing

Big Ben - full on rapist.

Is he elite? Of course that is debatable but one thing is for sure, you can't spell Elite without IT and Rodgers sure does pass the eye test when it comes to having "IT"

I know we all tend to want to measure a QBs success based on the number of championships they have but that is a flawed way to look at things, imo anyway...Dilfer has a SB Ring, Marino doesn't, Moon doesn't...those are just a couple of examples but football is a team sport and it takes 53(+ actually) to win ...QBs get paid the big $$ and they are the face but they tend to get to much credit when they win and to much fault when they don't.

Oh...I think most GM's would pick Rodgers over Ben, if given the choice.

Especially, when you consider Ben's past discretion's

Edited by keggerz