[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers is now an elite QB after FINALLY winning playoff game!

T-Scorp

If you watch Aaron Rodgers how could you not put him in the elite QB status? The guy has "it". Cool under pressure, a very strong and accurate arm and a heck of a competitor. Things look easy for him.

He does have talent, but it also helps that he has the best receiving group in the NFL.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think that it boils down to your definition of elite. Does it involve playoff games? For how long a span do you measure? Is it comparing the QB to current starting QBs? Recent past? NFL history?

I think that if Rodgers ain't elite, he's on the cusp of eliteness. QB rating over 100. More than 8 yards per completion. 28 TDs to 11 INTs. GB has a mediocre (at best) running game. He can extend the play. Athletic. Strong arm. Calm in the pocket.

You're the GM of an NFL team. You can pick any QB that you want for your team for next year, and for that year only. Who are you going to take? Rodgers is definitely a top 5 guy in that circumstance, maybe top 3. That's pretty elite in my book.

Edited by Furd

I thought for sure that Aaron Rodgers would be filling in for either Vick, Brees, or Matt Ryan in the Pro Bowl since one of them wouldn't be able to play in it as a Super Bowl bound player. Looks like Rodgers will just have to keep the snub label this year.

Which one of those three would trade places with him now? :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

He does have talent, but it also helps that he has the best receiving group in the NFL.

Not sure ... here's a few pretty good ones that come to mind. I would argue that Peyton, Romo, Eli, Drew and maybe Sanchez has just as good of a receiver crew than Aaron Rodgers does.

Colts - Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark, Tamme

Cowboys - Miles, Bryant, Williams, Witten

Giants – Smith, Nicks, Manningham

Philly - Jackson, Maclin, Celek

Jets - Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller

Saints - Colston, Moore, Meachem, Henderson, Graham, Shockey

Ravens – Boldin, Mason, Housh, Heap

Steelers – Wallace, Sanders, Ward, Miller

Patriots - Welker, Branch, Gronkowski, Hernandez

Ah, this thread....soooo much dumb, so little time.

I think the old Bum Phillips line about Earl Campbell is pretty apt when it comes to Rodgers - "if he ain't in a class by himself, it sure don't take long to call roll."

Ah, this thread....soooo much dumb, so little time.

I think the old Bum Phillips line about Earl Campbell is pretty apt when it comes to Rodgers - "if he ain't in a class by himself, it sure don't take long to call roll."

Good one and true....the only dumb ass that does a WWE Title belt celebration.

As per elite.....just about in-line with Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rapelesberger. Once he gets the SB he's spot on and is top dog of the others.

No one can deny the numbers he is putting up.

If he would just act like he's been there....he deserves to be...just needs to act like it.

Good one and true....the only dumb ass that does a WWE Title belt celebration.

As per elite.....just about in-line with Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rapelesberger. Once he gets the SB he's spot on and is top dog of the others.

No one can deny the numbers he is putting up.

If he would just act like he's been there....he deserves to be...just needs to act like it.

Favre did the six shooter and the throat slash. Manning does the fist pump, Rivers, Cutler and Brady all celebrate and piss off the opponents. It's not anything close to the diva WR stuff you're comparing it to. It's not a long song and dance, it's a quick thing. No different than a fist pump.

I am curious though, are quarterbacks supposed to put their arms by there sides, show no emotion and walk to the sideline?

Favre did the six shooter and the throat slash. Manning does the fist pump, Rivers, Cutler and Brady all celebrate and piss off the opponents. It's not anything close to the diva WR stuff you're comparing it to. It's not a long song and dance, it's a quick thing. No different than a fist pump.

I am curious though, are quarterbacks supposed to put their arms by there sides, show no emotion and walk to the sideline?

Nope. Just set the ball down and walk away.

Lombardi.....Act like you've been there.

Yes. Unless you have won a Super Bowl. That is the threshold for showing emotion as a QB.

I also remmebr Favre doing stuff like that BEFORE he won a Super bowl . . . curious . .:wacko:

Nope. Just set the ball down and walk away.

Lombardi.....Act like you've been there.

So you're saying you dislike every player in the league then. One thing that Tom and Vince were wrong about is that. I agree to a point. What Ocho, TO, and DJax do is too far, but a fist pump or a small gesture like Rodgers, or what Larry Johnson or Roy Williams did is minor. The instant you take emotion out of the game it gets a lot more boring.

I'll say this, I'd rather have my QB's doing WWE belt imitations like Rodgers, or cocky jacka$$ imitations like Rivers, or annoying crap talking like Brady than doing what our idiot QB was doing off the field. That said, I have always liked Ben's TD celebrations in the NFL. He points to God, and then pats his offensive line on the back for giving him protection. However, like I said, I'd take him dancing like MC Hammer doing "U Can't Touch This" after TD celebrations if it took away his behavior off the field over the last several years.

P.S. I can't compare a mild fist pump to an imitation of a Pro Wrestler putting on a championship belt............sorry, they aren't anywhere near the same thing

I dont get the title belt thing. He had won exactly 0 playoff games when he started that, and its been done before. And he certainly hasnt won any title to be pimping that pose. Rodgers is a good Qb, but some are already ready to put him in the HOF, and he hasnt won anything yet. Will it happen this yr, maybe. But whats the rush annointing this guy elite, when he now has exactly 2 playoff wins.

For the record here in Dallas, fans and radio hosts were annointing Romo a few years ago to the HOF already as well, and I thought that was ignorance then too. So this isnt a hate thing towards Rodgers or GB. Rodgers has the deepest WR core in football. he has a very nice, defense that gives him opportunites, and a coach that is a pass first guy, passing much more often than running. I can name on one hand situations like this in the NFL, Brees, Rivers, Brady, Manning, you see the trend here. Some teams pass more because their defense gives up too many points. But overall the best fantasy QBs are also regarded as the best QBs because of stats. The difference between Rivers and Rodgers is they havent won anything yet. Will they, who knows. But its still my opinion if Rodgers put up numbers like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, no one would be calling him elite yet. But because he puts up huge numbers because of the reasons I listed above, they do. Its also the same reason people dont put Big Ben in the same category as the other Qbs, and he has more SB rings than all of them but one. Numbers.

Edited by Living the Dream

For me, it has pretty much nothing to do with the numbers. When you watch Aaron Rodgers there's just a presence about him that, IMO, differentiates him from a lot of other QB's. He has this coolness in the huddle, in the pocket and even in a close hotly contested games that tells me he's "special". The way this guy throws on the run with uncanny accuracy is amazing to watch. He makes things look so easy, so effortless.

I love the way he handled all the Brett Favre drama. He never bitched about having a legend in front of him that openly conceded that he never made an effort to help make Aaron better. He never got caught up in, or complained, about Favre putting him on a string for 2-3 years as far as playing or not playing. He just continued to work on getting better and kept his mouth shut.

I have never been a guy that say's "your not one of the best unless, or until, you have a ring. That's nonsense. There are so many examples of great, elite players in all sports that have not won a ring. Huge list. This guy is elite, ring or no rings. Anyone that say's any different hasn't a clue.

I dont get the title belt thing. He had won exactly 0 playoff games when he started that, and its been done before. And he certainly hasnt won any title to be pimping that pose. Rodgers is a good Qb, but some are already ready to put him in the HOF, and he hasnt won anything yet. Will it happen this yr, maybe. But whats the rush annointing this guy elite, when he now has exactly 2 playoff wins.

For the record here in Dallas, fans and radio hosts were annointing Romo a few years ago to the HOF already as well, and I thought that was ignorance then too. So this isnt a hate thing towards Rodgers or GB. Rodgers has the deepest WR core in football. he has a very nice, defense that gives him opportunites, and a coach that is a pass first guy, passing much more often than running. I can name on one hand situations like this in the NFL, Brees, Rivers, Brady, Manning, you see the trend here. Some teams pass more because their defense gives up too many points. But overall the best fantasy QBs are also regarded as the best QBs because of stats. The difference between Rivers and Rodgers is they havent won anything yet. Will they, who knows. But its still my opinion if Rodgers put up numbers like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, no one would be calling him elite yet. But because he puts up huge numbers because of the reasons I listed above, they do. Its also the same reason people dont put Big Ben in the same category as the other Qbs, and he has more SB rings than all of them but one. Numbers.

No one is saying Rodgers is a HoF'er and what Rodgers and Romo have done are not the same. Tony Romo has nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers, so constantly bringing up Romo makes no sense. And if you're really going to use BAD Radio, the hardline, the Micheal Irvin show or GAC as a bullet point I suggest you blow up your radio.