[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers is now an elite QB after FINALLY winning playoff game!

T-Scorp

The way the so-called experts tag QB's as elite or not because of playoff and superbowl wins is ignorant. Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. Is he elite because of it or was he the beneficiary of one of the greatest defenses ever assembled? What more needs to be said than that. Roethlisberger had one of the worst, if not the worst, ratings in superbowl history and he still gets credit for that win? Sanchez is carried to two consectutive championship games by their defense and if he wins a superbowl he'd be considered elite?

Way too much weight is put on QB's win-loss records. I personally feel that sometimes it can be applied and can be used as a good indicator for how good a QB really is. See Colts, with and without Manning. Sometimes it's so far from telling the real story it's incredible. See 2011 version of Alex Smith. San Fran goes on to win the Superbowl and he gets mentioned as elite? Not hardly. I happen to like Smith but lets be realistic. I turn the dial when I listen to those discussions.

Just my 1/2 cent.

I don't think there's anyone who considered Dilfer elite because he won a SB. Same with Sanchez. Seriously, have you ever heard anyone say either of those QBs are "elite"? I haven't.

They merely insist that it's part of the equation and that you'd better have some damned impressive stats if you don't have a ring and want to be thought of as "elite". And to that extent, they're correct. That doesn't mean there's not room for guys like Marino and Kelly and Fouts in that club but it's also why most of the club have rings, because it's absolutely part of the equation. Not enough to get Dilfer or Rypien into the club, but it's still important.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: Attention Charlie!!!

Still waiting on the Big John rebuttal thread he found. :tup: Man I love this site.

Attention Taz, it was a freaking joke.

I mean, who in their right mind would not be sold on Rodgers yet?

Edited by detlef

This isn't meant as a shot against Rodgers (I'm pretty sold on him, and the season he's having is unreal), but I'd honestly love to see Flynn play a game or three just to see how much of the Packers offense is 'system' and how much is 'Rodgers'.

We now know the answer when it comes to Peyton Manning & the Colts, and we have some of the answer when it comes to Tom Brady & the Pats (remember Matt Cassel).

Edited by nelsosi

This isn't meant as a shot against Rodgers (I'm pretty sold on him, and the season he's having is unreal), but I'd honestly love to see Flynn play a game or three just to see how much of the Packers offense is 'system' and how much is 'Rodgers'.

We now know the answer when it comes to Peyton Manning & the Colts, and we have some of the answer when it comes to Tom Brady & the Pats (remember Matt Cassel).

Have you watched many games?

Every game he makes throws that make you say "how the hell did he do that?" Last week he made a throw to Nelson down the sidelines that when he threw it (I think being at the game and the angle I had might not have been shown on TV) you thought one of two things - he lead him too much and if anything it was a pick - all of the sudden Nelson shows up behind the defender and it lands on his finger tips.

Yes they have a great offense but Rodgers makes throws that I don't think more than 2-3 QB's in the league can make. He is that good!!!

I'll ask how is he not the perfect QB, for both fantasy and real football, unlike anything the league has ever seen before? He seems to have everything you would look for: he's mobile, but not a typical "running" quarterback. Combines his physical size and mobility with pocket presence, awareness, good decision making, accuracy/touch and is cool under pressure. He led his team to a SB win last year with essentially no running game and an average defense at best. I don't even think his receivers are all that great, they could probably be upgraded as well. Imagine how he'd be with a guy like Calvin Johnson on the team!

I don't even think his receivers are all that great, they could probably be upgraded as well. Imagine how he'd be with a guy like Calvin Johnson on the team!

I think one of the things that makes their offense so good is that they don't have a WR that defenses can key on. They spread the ball around so well that it makes it difficult for defenses. It feels like whenever Rodgers drops back to pass, he is just looking for the best passing option regardless of who is on the receiving end of it -- it doesn't matter if its Jennings, Crabtree, or anyone in between. It seems so simple, yet you don't see it much from other teams.

I think one of the things that makes their offense so good is that they don't have a WR that defenses can key on. They spread the ball around so well that it makes it difficult for defenses. It feels like whenever Rodgers drops back to pass, he is just looking for the best passing option regardless of who is on the receiving end of it -- it doesn't matter if its Jennings, Crabtree, or anyone in between. It seems so simple, yet you don't see it much from other teams.

Because no other teams have a guy named Rodgers. I think he is that good.

Teams have started to put even more into stopping Jennings, which is only making Jordy Nelson's job that much easier. If defenses don't start looking to slow down Nelson, he may end up being the no.2 WR in all FF going forward.

• 1 year later...

without question. everyone and their dirty bird knew they were going to be passing a lot and he still crush it with no to's

31/36 for 366, 3 td's against an excellent defense.... sometimes it is not a qb's fault that the team doesn't reach playoffs or win once in.

with no real running threat..... dude has hugh shoulders!

edit: i only see brees, manning, and brady being able to carry a team that way...and these are the teams you can never count out of games.

bump.

edit: and DoG...see i even had respect for the falcons back then too ;)

Edited by Bier Meister