[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UW Basketball ...

theprofessor

The studio crew talked to an official. He said the rule is the clock stops on the whistle, not when the ball lands out of bounds. On the replay, it could be argued that the whistle blew at 0.6 seconds, but it was academic. The Washington bench asked for a time correction, and the scorer's table said the time was correct, based on the whistle.

In similar instances in the past it seemed to me the TV replays would always freeze frame the time the ball went out of play, the TV commentator's would note X.X seconds and then the refs would generally match that freeze frame time after review. I was never aware the refs would review the play to listen for a whistle. Still not sure why the on-floor ref's didn't monitor review the play like they have 8,439 other times this month given the situation.

Anyways, Huskies play loose and fast and that got them in trouble in a game they were winning about 95% of the time. :wacko:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong about DW but right about Miller. I think he's a great coach too. UW will be cutting down the nets at Staples, again.

Elite 8 babayyyyyyyyyyyyy - care to revise your opinion of DWill?

not really sure who took the floor for UA in the 2nd half against the Dookies, bc that WAS NOT the UA team I watched all year, holy chit!!

just played outta theri minds, smart, ultra aggressive - even Horne and Hill were attacking the rim like men.

Not often you see coach K get his azz handed to him like Sean Miller did last night - dude is just a ridiculous basketball coach doing this without his own guys and having a top 5 class coming in next year and for years to come.

as much as I love Romar, I think he needs to fly to Tucson and have a sit down with Miller, especially on Defensive strategy

UA IS BACK

Elite 8 babayyyyyyyyyyyyy - care to revise your opinion of DWill?

not really sure who took the floor for UA in the 2nd half against the Dookies, bc that WAS NOT the UA team I watched all year, holy chit!!

just played outta theri minds, smart, ultra aggressive - even Horne and Hill were attacking the rim like men.

Not often you see coach K get his azz handed to him like Sean Miller did last night - dude is just a ridiculous basketball coach doing this without his own guys and having a top 5 class coming in next year and for years to come.

as much as I love Romar, I think he needs to fly to Tucson and have a sit down with Miller, especially on Defensive strategy

UA IS BACK

Yea, I'll admit D-Will is better than I thought. The guy is a beast down low and brought it to the Dookies. I was in Vegas, at the "M", surrounded by a bunch of Arizona fans. Do have to say I was in my husky gear, standing proudly, since we owned you guys this year :wacko: I was cheering for Arizona and hated to see them lose yesterday. UA had a great year and I look forward to the battles next year as both squads will be improved. And yes, Miller is a great coach. I couldn't help but have an empty feeling as I watched Arizona and the Tar Heels advance knowing that we could beat the Wildcats and the NC game was there for us to win as we outplayed them 80% of the game. If we just would have played smart down the stretch. :tup: