[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like the official time when I meet my wife again after a long football season. We both sit on the couch to watch Idol and ask each other what's been going on for the last six months.

My cousin Lauren tried out in New Orleans & was told she sounded too much like Kelly Clarkson. I didn't know that was a bad thing. She tried out once before & they told her that they were looking for a male country singer. The girl is a ditz, but she's got pipes way better than a lot of the one's they let through & she has a ton of stage experience being a singer in a professional cover band.

ETA: She moved to New York to try out Broadway so the video they have is with their replacement singer, but all the photo's still have her in the band.

Edited by rajncajn

I only watch the show for the audition "train wrecks." I'm always amazed that people completely devoid of talent don't have someone in their life that gives a damn enough about them to stop them from making an ass of themselves. After that is over with, I couldn't care less what happens. Corporate pop music=garbage.

This is like the official time when I meet my wife again after a long football season. We both sit on the couch to watch Idol and ask each other what's been going on for the last six months.

was hoping I might see DMD-W (Dmd's wifey) around here one day...not a chance huh?

overusing it, but he had some great one liners....his comment to the 16-year old from the south that her dress showed "just enough" pushed the envelope a tad :wacko:

Had me laughing when he did the cat screech after one really bad performance.

I'm always amazed when people come to audition with their families, all of them giddy with excitement as if their son/daughter/sibling is the next Harry Connick or Faith Hill, and they open their mouths and the most horrific noises fill the room. How can they all be so delusional? I understand wanting to be on TV, but I just can't believe the disappointment on their faces sometimes, as if they thought they had a chance.

I dont think i ever thought during the opening audition period, This person is going to be the Idol.

But after hearing the last girl in New Orleans - Paris Tassin, there is no doubt she is going to do well in this competition.

I think with her look (smoking hot), story, ( daughter is a special needs baby, she was told before having her, the baby may not survive and it wouldnt be wise to have her, but chose to keep going with the pregnancy, when it seemed she was unsure before, saying she wasnt ready to be a mom ), Cajun accent, ( never thought it was sexy before hearing this girl speak, wow ! ) and voice, (greatness) she has a shot to win it all. Already better than anyone I've seen on this show since daughtry or Underwood.

E2A: Link from Youtube. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKtCSDdhI6I

Edited by Living the Dream

I dont think i ever thought during the opening audition period, This person is going to be the Idol.

But after hearing the last girl in New Orleans - Paris Tassin, there is no doubt she is going to do well in this competition.

I think with her look (smoking hot), story, ( daughter is a special needs baby, she was told before having her, the baby may not survive and it wouldnt be wise to have her, but chose to keep going with the pregnancy, when it seemed she was unsure before, saying she wasnt ready to be a mom ), Cajun accent, ( never thought it was sexy before hearing this girl speak, wow ! ) and voice, (greatness) she has a shot to win it all. Already better than anyone I've seen on this show since daughtry or Underwood.

E2A: Link from Youtube. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKtCSDdhI6I

She'll do well, heartwarming story...just not sure if she has the voice to win a "singing" competition. Lots of these auditioners come in and sing the one song that means alot to them, that they have sung over and over to perfect...be interesting to see how she performs on the fly.

Awesome sexy chick, though.

She'll do well, heartwarming story...just not sure if she has the voice to win a "singing" competition. Lots of these auditioners come in and sing the one song that means alot to them, that they have sung over and over to perfect...be interesting to see how she performs on the fly.

Awesome sexy chick, though.

bingo

Had me laughing when he did the cat screech after one really bad performance.

I'm always amazed when people come to audition with their families, all of them giddy with excitement as if their son/daughter/sibling is the next Harry Connick or Faith Hill, and they open their mouths and the most horrific noises fill the room. How can they all be so delusional? I understand wanting to be on TV, but I just can't believe the disappointment on their faces sometimes, as if they thought they had a chance.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.