[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

if the judges felt so strongly about Pia, maybe they should've offered some opinions that differentiated her from some of the other contestants. When you say everyone's awesome and that they nailed it, then you leave it in America's hands to form their own opinions, which is going to make it more likely that some of the better singers get voted off early.

this

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the judges felt so strongly about Pia, maybe they should've offered some opinions that differentiated her from some of the other contestants. When you say everyone's awesome and that they nailed it, then you leave it in America's hands to form their own opinions, which is going to make it more likely that some of the better singers get voted off early.

that's an excellent point. You tell America who sucked, and maybe they listen.

BTW, how bad was Constantine's performance? The song itself was terrible, and he was worse. And dude, Iggy Pop prancing around shirtless gave me flashbacks of Silence of the Lambs: "it puts the lotion in the basket".

That was some bad stuff. :wacko:

BTW, how bad was Constantine's performance? The song itself was terrible, and he was worse. And dude, Iggy Pop prancing around shirtless gave me flashbacks of Silence of the Lambs: "it puts the lotion in the basket".

That was some bad stuff. :wacko:

not sure who screened those. with the audience and popularity of this show, you would think they would have a long list of relevant performers willing to come on .... constantine and iggy pop?

bad performances and the hottest chick voted off. not a great night for idol.

Again this is right on the money and it is another spot that I miss having Simon on there. Simon would do his best to run of the lesser talent in order to protect the better ones. I was never a big Simon fan but now that he is gone I clearly see what he did for the show.

Pia's name is out there. She will be okay and make money. It just sucks that what I feel was the strongest woman left is now gone. I do like Haley but I think that is just some pervert that lives inside me. Oh and plus the fact that she picks songs that are up my alley all the time.

Pia being voted out just shows that there are not middle aged heterosexual men voting on this thing. Just a bunch of tweens and insecure woman. :wacko:

+ a bunch

No way should Pia have gone home last night. I still think she was top 3. Like Jackass mentioned, and many agreed, I think the judges praising every single performance. I realize this group is very good, but, they can at least do some comparing judging, like Simon would. For example: "Stefano, that performance was definitely better than last week, but, in comparison to some of the other performers, it just wasn't good enough, and I suspect that you are going to be in danger of going home."

It really is a shame to see Pia go. Also, damn, her outfit was phenomenal last night. I had no idea her rack was that scrumptious. :wacko:

i thought there were some pretty good performances tonight even from some of the contestants i wasn't big a fan of. it is cool that there was a performance from almost every type of genre you can think of.

My favorites were lauren and James. i think stefano's performance was quite good and it may save him this week.

Haley was the only one the judges bashed but i would still keep her around based on her previous couple weeks. I'm probably biased b/c she sings so damn sexy.

I'll predict that paul goes home.

So far every person voted off has been a female (not counting the save they used). No way a female gets voted off this time and leave it 6 guys and one female.

I see it as an easy Paul going home this week.

I am worried about Haley though. I like her more than it seems anyone else and today I heard people bashing her while I thought she did okay. I did not see Stephano's performance as all that good. Just okay and I expect him to be bottom three yet again. I am torn on the last bottom three as one part of me see's it as Jacob and the other see's it as Haley.

Okay, final answer:

Jacob

Paul

Stephano

With Paul heading home.

what did he say - I did not catch it. She looked nice.

"here's to looking up your old address"

:wacko:

Old address?

or

Old uh dress?

The viewers decide...call 1-818-GiveTAzMoney

Edited by tazinib1

Funniest thing just happened in my household. Watching this with my mother and Zack Wylde was featured...told that I have a picture of him sucking on my tit froma feature we did, my mom just shook her head. I'm still laughing.

Pretty good night overall. This was the first time I thought of Lauren as a credible threat for the title and not just a space filler. I know I made fun of her before, but I do think she's a great singer and just a nice and genuine girl in addition to being very attractive. It was insensitive of me to talk about her ass in a derisive manner. By contrast, Casey is starting to lose me. I'm sorry, I don't know what the judges were watching, I thought he was off key a few times and his mannerisms and the arrangement were weird and awkward. He's back to sneering and growling again, which I find distracting and annoying.

The one to watch is James. I liked last week when he told off those TMZ idiots, and this week did the same with Iovene and Will, then proceded to blow the roof off the place. He's probably the best performer, he has the confidence and knows who he wants to be, and I think the demographics of the people voting will translate to the most votes in the end.

I like the diversity of styles in this group. OK night overall. Nobody really hit a home run IMO.

Paul - I don't think he did enough with that performance. His outfit was more exciting. He is in danger.

Lauren - Decent but seemed like she was holding back. In danger.

Stefano - It was his best performance with an actual audience connection. Probably too little too late though.

Scotty - I hate the way he holds a microphone and sings out the side of his mouth. I don't are for his act, but the country voters do. He's safe.

Casey - Sleepy tune. Still talented and different enough to stick around, but that silly growl was back. Might be in some danger.

Haley - Judges blew it here. She didn't deserve to be the one that got judged harshly in comparison to the others. Worst crime was that it was a little karaoke. Although I don't know how you sing that song without sounding a bit karaoke. I think J-Lo's plea to keep the girls saves her and Lauren.

Jacob - I think this guy is solid, but with him in the bottom 3 last week, I wonder if his act is playing well enough to the voters.

James - I find his stage antics contrived. It takes away from the rest of the performance which was pretty good. He's the only one I'm sure is safe.

Prediction:

Paul, Stefano, Jacob

Going Home:

Stefano

Yep, Irish Doggy nailed it. I wanna punch him in the head. The SO loves his voice...it's like the same thing over and over to me.

I haven't heard him sing in weeks. We start watching around 8:45 so we can fast forward through all the commercials and Scotty.