[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

Paul - I liked it OK. going first seems to be a curse. may be bottom three, but I think he sticks around.

Lauren - didn't care for it much at all. I was really starting to like her the last couple weeks. corny-ass song and she just sang it ok.

Stefano - ugh, this guy is really starting to annoy me. maybe this guy has a future if someone starts a an italian version of the backstreet boys.

Scotty - pretty good, but I woulda liked hearing the other song better I think. I don't know if he wins the thing (my guess is no), but scotty, of all the contestants, is the one whose future career I'd buy stock in. he is almost guaranteed to be a big thing in the pop country world.

Casey - ok, one of my favorite songs and, in parts, a pretty damned impressive rendition of it. he had some runs in there that were impeccable. but give me a freaking break with the way the judges were practically blowing him afterward. I wanted to punch randy when he mentioned charles mingus.

Haley - loved the get-up, and damn she was sexy. I actually liked it quite a bit, probably mostly for that reason. she was definitely pitchy, dawg. but there was still an energy in her performance that I enjoyed.

Jacob - he was great, as usual. not my favorite song (for him), but still. he was bottom 3 last week, I think because he went first and for his little "preachy" bit (glad jimmy iovine called him on that in the show). like steven tyler, I really loved jacob's "crinchednos and menuendos" :wacko:

James - slayed it. best of the night.

for me, bottom 3 were probably the first three -- paul, stefano and lauren. good chance haley actually ends up in the bottom as well. stefano should be going home and it's really not even close in my book.

Edited by Azazello1313

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul - Paul has a nice voice, but I dont see him in the top 3.

Lauren - She proves Miley Cyrus is a joke, and cant sing. She made that song hers.

Stefano - he should have gone last week. Gone this week

Scotty - Im sick of Scotty already. First of all that last night sucked, he was off key and behind the backup singers. Second these judges dont have a clue about Country music, so they just say he did well, and blame it on song choice. He was terrible and George Strait probably threw up a lil in his mouth if he was watching that. Had Blake Shelton been one of the judges, Scotty would be gone some time ago. Shelton did the CMT country music next star thing, and ate those people up and spit them out like Simon. I also think its gay how he uses himself in 3rd person already, like he is someone, and the way he holds the microphone. I dont recall him doing that his first week in hollywood, but has since then. I think that is an act.

Casey - Talented, but the snarls have got to go, and he is getting swallowed up by everyone else IMO.

Haley - I think she has the best chance to be the next Carrie Underwood or the first Idol. The most star power in terms of success in sales.

Jacob - I like Jacob alot, but his days are numbered

James - I like James, but he looked like he has put on some serious lbs in the wife beater tank top before he performed.

Bottom 3:

Paul, Stefano, Casey

Going Home:

Stefano

Who I think should go home? Stefano

Who I think is going home? Jacob (just a hunch)

As for a top 3 prediction: Lauren, James & Scotty (the country vote is hard to surpass)

Who I want to see win? James (I think people forget that he has Asperger's Syndrome and Tourette's syndrome)

EDIT: I thought that last night Stefano actually gave his best performance but I still didn't really like it....thought he sang it in the wrong key....not saying he was off key but rather that it was just not the right key to sing that song in...and I bet Wanya (who I have met and is pretty much an as$) did text Randy...but not to praise that rendition

Edited by keggerz

yeah, and she sounded great singing the duet with casey on "moanin".

My wife and I both thought that was her best performance so far (the duet with Casey). When she keeps it soft, she is great, when she goes loud and high on the notes, she has a tendency to scream too much.

My wife and I both thought that was her best performance so far (the duet with Casey). When she keeps it soft, she is great, when she goes loud and high on the notes, she has a tendency to scream too much.

agree and glad she wasn't voted off based on this weeks performance.

Scotty: Didn't care for it.

James: Hated this performance. Worst of the night for me. Didn't like the band or his screeching.

Haley: Best of the night for me. She has come the furthest since week 1.

Casey: OK. I still think he overdoes it a bit with his growls. I think his diversity of song choices may hurt him in the long run.

Jacob: Good, but not his best performance.

Stefano: Napoleon is putting more emotion into his performance, but he comes off so cheesy to me.

Lauren: Meh. Too safe. Just OK.

Bottom 3 Prediction: Stefano, Scotty, Lauren

Going home: Scotty

How I saw it tonight:

Scotty McCreery – Swingin – This was actually the most I ever liked him. He creeps me out most of the time and I am just not a fan of that kind of music so it is hard for me to warm up this to this one but this week I think he was solid. 100% safe.

James Durbin – Uprising – I loved it. I think this kid is the real deal. Not sure if it was performance of the night but it was close for sure. 100% safe.

Haley Reinhart – Rolling in the Deep – Very solid and better than usual and I am a fan of hers. Can't call her 100% safe because there are some real Haley hatters out there but she is 75% safe for me.

Jacob Lusk – Dance with my Father – Did not care for it at all. One problem might be that I just don't like the guy but I try to be honest and I think he sucked tonight. Bottom three for sure and maybe he beats Stefano home this week. 10% safe.

Casey Abrams – Harder to Breathe – I like Casey but this one was weird for me. Not terrible but not up to his normal what I think is pretty good. I still think he is a tad bit safer than Haley so I put her at 75% so that makes him 80% safe.

Stefano Langone – Closer – It sucked! He is going home this week. The only one that is going to challenge him for home is Jacob but I don't think Stefano is going to make it this week. 5% safe.

Lauren Alaina – Born to Fly – I really had no problem with her this week but it was just sort of boring for me. I don't worry that she will be sent home but it's her by default this week for the best of the bottom three. Still 50% safe from home but bottom three this week.

Bottom three:

Lauren

Jacob

Stefano - heading home

Edited by Skippy

either jacob or stefano has to go ... they have nothing left to show and are both annoying as hell. let's hope they go over the next 2 weeks, in whatever order.

i thought james was awesome. that is a tough song to pull off live and not only did he do it, but he took the whole thing up several octaves. i think many bands are looking at this guy and would love to have him as their lead singer. it's hard to see him not winning this thing.

and kudos to pia for being back in black. mamma mia ...

Here are my thoughts on last night performance, and this is the order I would place them in (Just based on last night):

1. James: He is starting to distance himself from the others, in my opinion. His confidence comes flying through. I thought this was another phenomenal performance. He brings it every week, and obviously tries to put on a great show.

2. Haley: I have been tough on her all year, but, she is really starting to grow on me. I thought this was her best Wednesday performance of the season so far. She was great.

3. Casey: I liked it. Definitely not among his best performances, but, solid. He is slowly winning me back over, after he annoyed me so much with his dramatics during the save.

4. Lauren: I really like here, and I though this was a solid performance, but, I do agree with the judges that it was a bit too safe.

5. Jacob: The guy can really sing, but, getting off to the rough start seemed to really mess him up. This wasn't one of his best.

6. Scotty: I'm a country music fan, and I've always liked Scotty, but, he is starting to lose me a bit. I really didn't like this performance

7. Stefano: His time should definitely be up. There is a lot of distance between the other 6 and him, in my opinion.

My bottom 3: Stefano, Scotty, Jacob

My going home: Stefano

Predicted bottom 3: Stefano, Scotty, Lauren

Predicted going home: Stefano (finally !)

Scotty: I don't get him. He's not good. apparently their are a lot of people out there who like country music and like him. 100% safe.

James: thought his performance was original and pretty good. 100% safe.

Haley: i don't think she has the best voice but she brings something different. hopefully safe.

Casey: not a fan of the growls. good musician but don't care for his voice. 50/50

Jacob: great voice but he's made for gospel. emotion got the best of him last night. 50/50

Stefano: this dude should've been voted off weeks ago. should go home.

Lauren: Didn't love her performance, but think she's the best of the lot with most potential. safe.

Bottom 3 Prediction: Stefano, Casey, Jacob

Going home: Stefano

Scotty: Hate the song, hate the performance. Came across as corny to me.

James: Loved the drums, hated what he did to the song. Didn't think he needed to up the octave. Woulda been more impressed if he did Casey's song.

Haley: I think she would be liked a lot more if she'd cut down on the growls a little. She's got a good voice & I think she's leaning on it a bit much.

Casey: I thought he sucked and the camera work, I think, covered up some extreme awkwardness on stage. He looked a bit mentally challenged up there walking around. Especially when he went up and slapped the fan's hand.

Jacob: Sucks that he got screwed up by the earpiece & props for the way he got through it, but didn't like the song for him.

Stefano: Missed it

Lauren: Missed it.

Randy actually stole my words. James Durbin just won the thing, or at least made quite a future for himself after the show. He has excelled in a handful of different genres, and makes it look awfully easy and natural in the process.

Scotty has a future in country music. Needs to fine tune a few things, but has the natural voice to be a classic country crooner.

I like Casey, but not sure what genre he could ultimately be successful with. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Jacob can sing, but I don't know that he has the personality to back it up.

The girls overall seem just a bit average to me.

Edited by Seahawks21

I'd agree mostly but Lauren has a shot at a career for only being 16 and singing that well. I agree about Casey - I have no idea where he would fit in. He's like the college QB who gets the hype and wins the heisman and does nothing in the NFL.

Jacob Lusk – Oh No, Not My Baby – I think he did do better at presenting himself but I still did not care for him. The duet was horrible. He is in trouble this week.

Lauren Alaina – Where You Lead – Victim of the wrong song choice but I really think she did a great job with it. I am really warming up to her but not in the she is going to win this thing sort of way. I don't think she is going to hit bottom three this week but she only gets top three by a hair.

Scotty McCreery – You’ve Got A Friend – I still don't like him but I think he did a pretty good job and I have him as one of two that are 100% safe this week. Side note. Is he major ghey or what? When Ryan asked him about Lauren he was pitiful to watch. I don't care if he doesn't like her as a person or if he is ghey but at that point you play it up. This guy will always be Scotty McCreepy to me.

James Durbin – Will You Love Me Tomorrow – Okay, I start of with what the hell is he doing singing Haley or Laurens song. Then I am just caught in the James Durbin trap. This kid has some major talent and is my favorite to win this thing for sure. 100% safe for sure.

Casey Abrams – Hi-De-Ho – I admit that he is not always great but I usually like him. Not tonight. He butchered that song, IMHO. The only thing that could pull him back from bottom three is the duet with Haley. Those two work well together. He is in my bottom three with a chance of going home.

Haley Reinhart – Beautiful – I always like her and I am always wrong on where she will end up. Today is no exception. I liked her but I didn't think it was real strong. She was great in the duet though. I expect her to be in the bottom three cause I don't think that she will be in the bottom three. :wacko: She is in jeopardy of going home a little more than Casey is but I think she will hang in there.

Top three in order:

James, McCreepy, Lauren.

Bottom three from worst to least worst:

Jacob, Casey, Haley

Haley gets pulled back by Ryan.

Jacob and Casey face the drama but in the end ... Casey ... you are safe and Jacob is going home.

Does anyone else think that Scotty looks like George W. Bush's long lost, goofy bastard son?

I think it may have already been mentioned in this thread, but, every time I see him, I'm reminded of Alfred E. Neuman from Mad Magazine.

Jacob Lusk – Oh No, Not My Baby – it was very well done. but the judges are giving him bad info, I don't wanna see him shaking his big goofy ass.

Lauren Alaina – Where You Lead – by far the weakest of the night. the judges are trying HARD to keep her in this thing, for whatever reason. they tell jacob he was sharp (when he wasn't), and then they kiss lauren's ass for cracking a note? wha?? she's a nice singer, the duet with scotty was nice....but this was a lame song, and she just karaoke'd it. she is in over her head talent wise at this point.

Scotty McCreery – You’ve Got A Friend – nicely done, scotty. kudos to jimmy iovine for pulling him out of his usual schtick, the results were very good.

James Durbin – Will You Love Me Tomorrow – also very nicely done. way better than last week, which kind of annoyed me. it's actually kind of hard for me to see anyone else winning this thing this year, because james has it all. he's a great singer, he's very likeable, he's got a great sense for the dramatic, and a great feel for what will go over well artistically with the judges and voters.

Casey Abrams – Hi-De-Ho – I kinda dug it, but it was pretty corny at the same time.

Haley Reinhart – Beautiful – she is really growing on me. I'd still probably maybe her in my bottom three, but in tangible ways she is better each week. at the beginning of this show, she sounded like a good karaoke singer with a good voice and lots of little vocal tricks, but it sounded affected, like she was trying to imitate someone else. now she seems like a polished performer who is far more comfortable in her own artistic skin.

Just watched last night's performance. Here is where I would put them in order just based on last night, wth where I have them overall in parenthesis.

1. James Durbin (1) - In my opinion, James has distanced himself from the others. This is saying something this year, as this is a talented group. He is phenomenal every week. His confidence shines through, and he puts on a show each week. I thought this was another phenomenal performance.

2. Scotty McCreery (3) - I thought this was his best performance so far. He changed things up, and didn't go overboard with the facial theatrics.

3. Haley Reinhart (2) - I can't believe I'm putting her at #2 overall, but, she has grown on me more and more each week. I think she is definitely the one who has improved the most throughout these finals. I used to have her near the bottom, now I have her near the top.

4. Lauren Alaina (4) - I still think she has a lot of nautural talent, but, she has chosen a couple of boring songs in a row now. She really needs to gain confidence in herself to take it to the next level.

5. Jacob Lusk (6) - The guy can really sing, but, he just doesn't have the likeability factor, and his voice seems more ready for gospel than mainstream.

6. Casey Abrams (5) - I have been up and down on this guy throughout this season. Sometimes, he seems like a geinius, other times, he annoys me. This week, he completely annoyed me.

My bottom 3: Casey, Jacob, Lauren

My going home: Jacob

My predicted bottom 3: Jacob, Casey, Haley

My predicted going home: Casey (Just a hunch)

Edited by Menudo