[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

Pretty much the way it's shaping up.

Wasn't it rajn who said, in reference to a cousin or something that got denied by initial screeners, who said they were definitely looking for a male country voice this year? :wacko: If McCreepy wins, I will call bullhonky.

If this was true, they would have kept that John Wayne guy to have a better chance at getting a male country singer at the top IMO. Instead they ended up picking a pretty diverse group of singers which is this season's one strength.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about all this is that I hear more hate for Haley than anyone else. I think I mostly hear it from women and maybe men are looking at the entire package while giving her to much credit but I really like this girl. I also hear a ton of hate toward McCreepy and I'm also a hater but I just can't begin to picture that he is not going to be top three and most likely top two. This past week was the only week that I though James was off. He got a pass from me based on what I think has been pretty strong all along. This coming week is going to be a simple week to decide which of the two girls to kick off, IMHO.

Just have to wonder where all the people that constantly wasted votes on Jacob will line up? I can't see them going to either McCreepy or James so really that just may be what saves Lauren for another week.

man, they need jimmy iovine at the judges table next year instead of behind the scenes. his taped comments last night were on the money. he is great where they have him now, but they badly need a judge with some critical faculty. steven tyler adds entertainment value, but that's about it.

lauren should be the no-brainer pick to go home next week, then it's really going to be just a question of who the teeny-bopper vote stuffers like best.

I'm definitely late to the party this week, as I finally got a chance to watch this week's shows tonight. Here is how I would place them tonight, with my overall placement in parenthesis:

1. Haley Reinhart (2) - She definitely didn't deserve the criticism she got on the Lady Gaga song. I didn't know the song, but, still thought she was great. On "House of the Rising Sun", she was brilliant. When they chose the finalists, and the wildcards, I thought she was the least deserving of the finalists that didn't need a wildcard. Now, I think she has moved her way all the way to or close to the top. At one point, I thought it would be a travesty for anyone but James to win, but, due to her improvement, I wouldn't be bothered if Haley won it all.

2. Scotty McCreery (3) - Scotty had lost me a few weeks ago, but, I think he has put together two great weeks in a row. I thought both of his songs were very well done tonight. This kid is going to have a great career in country music.

3. James Durbin (1) - This is probably the first week in many, many weeks that I don't have James at #1. I don't think he was terrible tonight, but, he did have an off night compared to where he usually is. I don't think it is a put-on that he puts his heart and soul into every performance, I think he does. I still think that overall, he is the leader in the clubhouse, but, he needs to get back on track, as Haley is coming on strong.

4. Lauren Alaina (4) - Lauren's voice is amazing, and I think she will eventually have a country music career. However, she clearly lacks the confidence that Haley, Scotty and James perform with. I thought she was good tonight, but, that lack of confidence is keeping her from reaching her true potential.

5. Jacob Lusk (5) - Jacob can sing, but, his theatrics and likeability were bound to send him home soon. He was definitely the right person to go this week, as he doesn't belong with the other four.

I completely agree that Jimmy Ivine would make a fantastic judge. Simon is being missed more and more as the show come to the end. Steven Tyler is funny, but, he offers nothing in the way of judgement. J-Lo is great to look at, and she is o.k. as a judge, but, I expected more from her. I like Randy, but, as others have said, he is playing the role of the critical one, and it just doesn't fit his style.

I think that the four remaining singers will all have success in their careers.

watching on DVR and all I can say is that JLo and Randy were WAY off base on their criticism of Haley's 1st song...I think she screamed in a bit of it but I still LOVED IT!!

Yeah, they are driving me crazy picking on Haley every time but giving all the others a pass. It's happening every week now.

Yeah, they are driving me crazy picking on Haley every time but giving all the others a pass. It's happening every week now.

then they kiss her a$$ on the 2nd song...but it was deserved because she killed it

Haley's getting better looking every week. 2nd song she slayed it.

Is it me or has Lauren's ass gotten a lot smaller. She looked pretty good as well.

It's gonna be close whoever gets voted off. Really too close to call.

I thought country boy had the worst night but I doubt he goes home...probably one of the girls are sent packing....for me I think the top 3 should be James and the 2 ladies

I thought country boy had the worst night but I doubt he goes home...probably one of the girls are sent packing....for me I think the top 3 should be James and the 2 ladies

I agree.

I :heart: James

:wacko:

Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh.

Maybe it's the loss of Simon, maybe it's I'm just not "connecting" with anyone this season. Just a big ole "meh" of a season for me. I'm not only coming here to find out who gets kicked off, but I'm also fast forwarding through both Steven AND J-Lo now. They offer nothing. Zip, zilch, zero.

Lauren has a killer voice and needs to stick to country. When she has that little "twang" it sounds awesome. Still, though... meh.

McCreepy is starting to bug the crap out of me. What in the sam hell was that last song all about? I thought it was terrible. In his "last stand" audition in Hollywood week, he blew me away. Since then, he's been boring. And I actually like country.

I wanted to like James, but he's a poor man's mix of Adam Lambert and your run-of-the-mill hair band lead singer. Like his story and all, but eh... meh.

Haley's done the biggest 180 and when she has the right song (think Adele), she's a knockout. Still a meh, but I kinda hope she wins.

The show is going downhill fast.

Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh.

Maybe it's the loss of Simon, maybe it's I'm just not "connecting" with anyone this season. Just a big ole "meh" of a season for me. I'm not only coming here to find out who gets kicked off, but I'm also fast forwarding through both Steven AND J-Lo now. They offer nothing. Zip, zilch, zero.

Lauren has a killer voice and needs to stick to country. When she has that little "twang" it sounds awesome. Still, though... meh.

McCreepy is starting to bug the crap out of me. What in the sam hell was that last song all about? I thought it was terrible. In his "last stand" audition in Hollywood week, he blew me away. Since then, he's been boring. And I actually like country.

I wanted to like James, but he's a poor man's mix of Adam Lambert and your run-of-the-mill hair band lead singer. Like his story and all, but eh... meh.

Haley's done the biggest 180 and when she has the right song (think Adele), she's a knockout. Still a meh, but I kinda hope she wins.

i :heart: Pia

Another meh for me. I mean, great to look at, but the whole diva/ballad thing makes me want to vomit. Oh how I miss thee, Chris Daughtry.

Pia, IMO, was by far the most talented vocalist. James and that beared freak blues guy was the top 3 for me. I'd bash Haley's gutz in, but that is about all. Thank you, and good night.

Man oh man I have no idea how this is going to go. I think at this point we have to put more into how the look and act on stage then just the singing.

The only one that I did not care for tonight was McCreepy but you can tell by the fact that I call him McCreepy that I am probably biased against him.

James is the only one that in my book is 100% safe. I think he did okay on the Journey song and really thought he did great on Love Potion. I give him a solid B on the night.

Haley was great on both songs. Randy hates her and that might really hurt her but I really enjoy her style. The first song did sound like she was screaming to much but I also think that is Haley and is not something that I dislike. If I was to be honest I think she was best of the night with an A-.

Lauren was also very good but not the kind of good that I found Haley to be. I still think she was better than both the guys and would give her a B+.

McCreepy I did not care for so I can not give him a fair grade based on my bias. If he would have tongued the mic like GaGa told him I would have bumped him up a little, but since he didn't I am stuck giving him a C in my Skippy book and hope he goes packing.

Honest prediction of how America's teeny boppers will call it.

Bottom two: Lauren and Haley.

Homeward bound and should not be: Lauren

Yeah, they are driving me crazy picking on Haley every time but giving all the others a pass.

particularly lauren. they consistently kiss her ass every week. she whiffs and/or chickens out on notes every week. every year the judges pick one teenager that they pump up every single week and end up keeping in the competition way too long. lauren is that teenager this year.

that said, I think lauren was actually better than she had been last night. to the point where she was almost as good as haley for one night. which means haley is almost certainly the one going home tonight. unless she pulls out the sympathy vote after randy's rather persistent (to the point of almost seeming mean-spirited) bashing of her first song last night.

edit: agree it was kind of a weak night overall.

Edited by Azazello1313

I'm so sick of the judges kissing James' ass every time.

+1

I can't stand that guy. Scotty, Haley and Lauren all have better voices than he does. I don't care that he can hit the high notes, because he certainly can't sing the rest of them. I just wonder how far his tears and Adam Lambert's coattails will carry him.

I really thought James slayed that Journey tune. The Lauren chick is great with a great voice, but just seems too scared to let it go. Haley, although I don't like that yelling constantly, I love the passion and effort she brings. Scotty...I like country but I am just having a tough time accepting him in this contest? I just think of pop and rock when I think of American Idol. I also don't like Scotty's eyebrows...they remind me of Az's profile pic. :wacko:

Going home: Lauren

Edited by SuperBalla

Top 3

Scotty

James

Lauren

Scotty will win it all because he has the votes of the teeny-boppers. They can text faster than most. Rules need to be changed in the future if it is to be a true American Idol winner.

This

I am really starting to think that the judges, Randy mostly, know something about Haley that we don't see. Like maybe she is creep in person or something because he really goes out of his way to bash her on things that he lets others slide right by and even slide with praise. He is doing his very best to try to get her kicked out. IMHO.

I am really starting to think that the judges, Randy mostly, know something about Haley that we don't see. Like maybe she is creep in person or something because he really goes out of his way to bash her on things that he lets others slide right by and even slide with praise. He is doing his very best to try to get her kicked out. IMHO.

i don't really think that's the case. there has been so little critical feedback this season that when it's ever given, it seems so harsh and out of place. compared to what simon would throw down on a weekly basis, randy has been tame. simon would have destroyed country boy's young blood for example, while this panel loved it.

i do think that haley's first song was not all that good, especially if you have michael's version in your head. so she deserved to be criticized for a bad song choice and an average delivery. but even so, what's the big freakin' deal with that? i would expect that from a judges panel.

i also can't believe that steven tyler doesn't watch this season back and realize how redundant he is. you could do a drinking game based on when he says 'beautiful'.

on the plus side, i do like the final 4 very much. good variety of genres and styles, and they all can be crazy good at times.

i don't really think that's the case. there has been so little critical feedback this season that when it's ever given, it seems so harsh and out of place. compared to what simon would throw down on a weekly basis, randy has been tame. simon would have destroyed country boy's young blood for example, while this panel loved it.

i do think that haley's first song was not all that good, especially if you have michael's version in your head. so she deserved to be criticized for a bad song choice and an average delivery. but even so, what's the big freakin' deal with that? i would expect that from a judges panel.

i also can't believe that steven tyler doesn't watch this season back and realize how redundant he is. you could do a drinking game based on when he says 'beautiful'.

on the plus side, i do like the final 4 very much. good variety of genres and styles, and they all can be crazy good at times.

Thing is, which others have pointed out, they offer no criticism at all, and then just rip into Haley. I mean James' Journey song wasn't bad but it sounded about 1/1000th as good as the original; and i didn't care too much for his second song. I actually liked Scotty's first song quite a bit but then his 2nd wasn't good at all - and not one word of criticism for either guy.

Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh.

I would have loved to hear her sing TROUBLE...think her voice would have been perfect for that.

Thing is, which others have pointed out, they offer no criticism at all, and then just rip into Haley. I mean James' Journey song wasn't bad but it sounded about 1/1000th as good as the original; and i didn't care too much for his second song. I actually liked Scotty's first song quite a bit but then his 2nd wasn't good at all - and not one word of criticism for either guy.

I'm beyond annoyed with the judges at this point. James doing the Journey song was one of the corniest things I've ever witnessed, yet the judges will slobber on his pipe regardless of what he does. And despite being generally reluctant to give anyone any negative feedback whatsoever, they have plenty for Haley.

I predicted James would win the whole thing weeks ago, and I stand by it. I also predict there is a 0% chance that anything he records in the future will find its way on my iPod. Haley at least could put out a soulful, jazzy Norah Jones type of record that would be listenable.