[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

Just tried to watch the show from last night but it was like the Ginsuing grand ol' opry, no thanks.

Now watching Casey and Jack Black cheesing it up in matching suits.

What was that show years ago where in the finale they revealed everything up until that point was a dream and all the viewers were pissed?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong for me to admit that I'd happily eat the corn out of Pia and Carrie's turds? :yikes:

Carrie and Pia are both smokin hot. I loves those white shorts Carrie wore...yowza!

Edited by SuperBalla

I doubt I'll watch next season if Tyler is still on the show and they don't bring in someone with some chutzpah to drop knowledge on folks. Worst season, by far.

I thought the same. Granted Fantasia is probably the worst to ever win though. Over all on the season, :wacko:

At some point the judges input is not really needed anyway. I watch to see people get a huge opportunity for a singing career. I want to see them sing, not be insulted or given conflicting advice by judges. Saying they are great all the time may not add much admittedly, but to me Simon's schtick was getting old and he had lost the ability to come up with fresh material. He made a name for Idol as the acerbic judge who crushed bad singer's dreams but by the final five - who cares what the judges say anyway?

randy needs new lines. In it to win it, has got to go

Tyler was good earlier in the season, but just said the same ole thing every night the past 2 months

Jlo calling everyone baby got on my nerves too. And she was rooting for the girls it seemed all season.

All this said, I actually like the talent alot this yr. Not thrilled Haley wasnt in the final, but the final 2 were very good.

Overall I enjoyed this season, and will watch again next year.

At some point the judges input is not really needed anyway. I watch to see people get a huge opportunity for a singing career. I want to see them sing, not be insulted or given conflicting advice by judges. Saying they are great all the time may not add much admittedly, but to me Simon's schtick was getting old and he had lost the ability to come up with fresh material. He made a name for Idol as the acerbic judge who crushed bad singer's dreams but by the final five - who cares what the judges say anyway?

Problem is the voters. I'd guess most voters are young and need to be told what to do. That's where this season failed. I'd bet the farm that there are some changes in voting next year. If not the days of Idol are limited.

Problem is the voters. I'd guess most voters are young and need to be told what to do. That's where this season failed. I'd bet the farm that there are some changes in voting next year. If not the days of Idol are limited.

Idol most likely will remain the same and my guess is that they will keep chugging along. Why? Because they provide a vehicle to award someone the "New American Dream", stardom...and you know what, people like to watch stuff like that. Well, that isn't the entire reason but a big one, imo.

Idol most likely will remain the same and my guess is that they will keep chugging along. Why? Because they provide a vehicle to award someone the "New American Dream", stardom...and you know what, people like to watch stuff like that. Well, that isn't the entire reason but a big one, imo.

You may be right. But with "The X Factor" and whatever the other show is called I'm betting Idol either changes or loses. Idol has already lost me. I barely watched this season and I couldn't even tell you who won last year. It produces a bunch of do-nothings with the occasional star thrown in.

You may be right. But with "The X Factor" and whatever the other show is called I'm betting Idol either changes or loses. Idol has already lost me. I barely watched this season and I couldn't even tell you who won last year. It produces a bunch of do-nothings with the occasional star thrown in.

Exactly right. I used to hang on the edge of my seat (OK not really) for each show, and would actually look forward to Randy's - albeit cliche - somewhat-helpful initial reaction, then some gibberish, then Simon breaking it down.

This season, I didn't even watch the results shows. I mean, who cares who goes home? And post-song reactions? Who cares. It's gonna be Steven Tyler saying it was perfect and beautiful, J-Lo struggling for stuff to say, and then Randy kinda breakin' it down, 'cuz he has to.

Do they care that they're losing a certain demographic? Will the teeny-boppers continue to watch?

I don't know what to make of the Scotty thing. I mean, one of our own called it (through his cousin) that Idol was looking for a "male country star". Coincidence that one actually won? I mean, really....

I'm looking forward to what X-Factor is like. I already like The Voice (although I don't think it'll ever be as engaging as Idol was a few seasons back).

Oh how I long for the days of Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry and hell, even David Cook and Bo Bice. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Was on vacation and happy to not see the results live last week. Wasn't really interested, but did a quick fast forward on the DVR to see some of the guest acts. Thoughts: Gaga is losing some luster, but she knows how to put on an over-the-top show. Also, when did Tom Jones become a black man?