[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have been the single-worst Idol episode I have ever seen. The best were average, but most were atrocious. The rocker-dude was exposed as he tried to sing some Bon Jovi, Casey trying to sing Nirvanna was an absolute joke (he yelled thru Joe Cocker two weeks ago, and tried the same thing last night...ugly). Scott was probably the best of the boys, but I just don't see a country-singer taking this pop music competition.

The girls were all bad except for Pia, who I think wins this going away. Her voice, while unspectacular, is solid, and she hits every note perfectly. her degree of difficulty is meh, but for what she tries to so, she does very well.

Fat Carrie Underwood really bugs me...her zero-personality is exceptionally annoying. Vodoo-woman is also a drain...he face reminds me a drunken night in college where I sit back at 2:30AM and wonder if I've had enough beers to actually hit it...and the answer is no.

Might have been the single-worst Idol episode I have ever seen. The best were average, but most were atrocious. The rocker-dude was exposed as he tried to sing some Bon Jovi, Casey trying to sing Nirvanna was an absolute joke (he yelled thru Joe Cocker two weeks ago, and tried the same thing last night...ugly). Scott was probably the best of the boys, but I just don't see a country-singer taking this pop music competition.

The girls were all bad except for Pia, who I think wins this going away. Her voice, while unspectacular, is solid, and she hits every note perfectly. her degree of difficulty is meh, but for what she tries to so, she does very well.

Fat Carrie Underwood really bugs me...her zero-personality is exceptionally annoying. Vodoo-woman is also a drain...he face reminds me a drunken night in college where I sit back at 2:30AM and wonder if I've had enough beers to actually hit it...and the answer is no.

:wacko:

He's talking about Lauren...

His point is that Carrie Underwood is a country singer who won Idol. Swammi said he doesn't see a country singer winning a pop music competition.

IMO they are both right. Marlboro boy is a little too country and is not nearly as good as some of the others. Underwood had some crossover appeal and IIRC sang a variety of styles in addition to country on the show.

He's talking about Lauren...

I know, that's why I only bolded "Carrie Underwood", who was Season 4's winner and a country singer. Swammi said no country singer could ever win Idol. :wacko:

Edit: Yeah, what the n00b said.

Edited by darin3

His point is that Carrie Underwood is a country singer who won Idol. Swammi said he doesn't see a country singer winning a pop music competition.

IMO they are both right. Marlboro boy is a little too country and is not nearly as good as some of the others. Underwood had some crossover appeal and IIRC sang a variety of styles in addition to country on the show.

Underwood wasn't strictly country when she won...in fact, more than half her Idol performances came from the pop genre...she only became a pure country singer when she started her solo career.

Here are her Idol performances, the most memorable of which were non-country performances :

# Angels Brought Me Here - Idol winner song

# Crying - Roy Orbison

# Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts

# Because You Loved Me - Celene Dion

# Could’ve Been - Tiffany

# Inside Your Heaven - Idol Winner Song

# Making Love out of Nothing at All - Air Supply

# If You Don’t Know Me By Now - Simply Red

# Trouble - Ray LaMontange

# Independence Day - Martina McBride

# Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benetar

# When Will I Be Loved - Linda Ronstandt

# Man! I Fee like a Woman - Shania Twain

# Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin

# Hello Young Lovers - Showtune

# MacArthur Park - Donna Summer

# Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks

# When God Fearin’ Women Get the Blues - Martina McBride

# Alone - Heart

Underwood wasn't strictly country when she won...in fact, more than half her Idol performances came from the pop genre...she only became a pure country singer when she started her solo career.

Here are her Idol performances, the most memorable of which were non-country performances :

# Angels Brought Me Here - Idol winner song

# Crying - Roy Orbison

# Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts

# Because You Loved Me - Celene Dion

# Could’ve Been - Tiffany

# Inside Your Heaven - Idol Winner Song

# Making Love out of Nothing at All - Air Supply

# If You Don’t Know Me By Now - Simply Red

# Trouble - Ray LaMontange

# Independence Day - Martina McBride

# Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benetar

# When Will I Be Loved - Linda Ronstandt

# Man! I Fee like a Woman - Shania Twain

# Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin

# Hello Young Lovers - Showtune

# MacArthur Park - Donna Summer

# Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks

# When God Fearin’ Women Get the Blues - Martina McBride

# Alone - Heart

:wacko: OK, I'm a homo for reading this thread, but you are the Grand Poobah of Homoness.

i've been thinking of that performance by Casey throughout the day and it was so disturbingly bad, i can't get out of my head.

Close to 20 years ago, i saw an acapelo (sp?) group do 'walk of life' by Dire Straits and it ruined my enjoyment of that song forever. I'm praying this doesn't happen with this song. Thankfully i didn't see it live, so hopefully it won't have the same effect.

a bad night fully of crappy songs. i think they limit the songs that they can sing down to a certain list, so they are not free to pick any song from that year ... and from the choices, it looks like they picked every bland, generic pop song produced. two whitney songs, a taylor dayne freakin' song, vanessa williams ... c'mon man.

lauren and scotty were the strongest. i could see either winning the thing.

either haley or karen should leave tonight.

Do you guys think the women are over dressed? It looks like they are dressed like they are going to an opera rather than performing to be an American Idol to the young crowd. :wacko:

Maybe because they are 16 and they don't want to look like sluts? :tup:

Scotty is hopeless. Heaps on the damn cornbread even on friggin Motown night.

I feel bad about calling attention to Lauren's ass. She mentioned the negative online chatter and it had to have been about that. Kudos to her for putting on that huge dress and singing her heart out. I think she was the best of the women, seriously.

Casey and Jacob were great as usual. One of them will win.