[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

Casey and Jacob were great as usual. One of them will win.

I don't get Casey at all....seriously. While he has some talent, his voice is not something I would invest a 99 cent downloadable song. Its a very very poor man's Joe Cocker in a very annoyingly screeching way. Just me I guess, since he got this far...but he he ain't winning anything.

Pia is your winner...or should be if America gets it right.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids nowadays. Go to a wedding or funeral in T shirts and jeans but perform to be an Idol and they get all dressed up. :wacko:

:tup: I hear ya... My response was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I'll never get this sarcasm on the internet thing to work right.

I don't get Casey at all....seriously. While he has some talent, his voice is not something I would invest a 99 cent downloadable song. Its a very very poor man's Joe Cocker in a very annoyingly screeching way. Just me I guess, since he got this far...but he he ain't winning anything.

Pia is your winner...or should be if America gets it right.

I like Casey but don't think he has what it takes to win...Jacob was much better tonight and he very well could and probably should be in the final 3...as for Pia, sorry I just don't see it...her voice just isn't "celine" big and that is what she would need if she is going to do what she has shown so far...I also don't think her previous 2 performances were nearly as good as the judges made them out to be...James, imo was again very good and he like Jacob should be one of the final 3...and I still stand by my assertion that Lauren is the best girl in the competition...and I pegged her for top 3 back during tryouts so I will stand by that call...I also like Naima but I don't think that America connects with her...Stefano should be the one to go home this week but it very well could be Hailey (who I thought did well and deserves to stay but she doesn't seem to have the vote needed either so she will be at risk every week).

Casey chose a bad song for him last week and screamed his way through it. Every other week though, he's been soulful and original, and gains a little more confidence and stage presence each time. I'll be surprised if he's not in the top 3.

I agree about Haley, she was really good last right but Lauren is a better version and will get more votes every time.

I thought last night was better pretty much across the board compared to last week.

I'm really not liking Paul at all. He had no connection with the content of Tracks of My tears which really pisses me off because I think that is my favorite Motown song.

Thought Pia was better than usual, but still not good enough.

Jacob was good, but not as good as the judges thought.

I liked seeing Thia come out of her shell. She's got dark horse potential if she can keep growing like that.

Me too girl! Up high!

Yeah, I saw that one coming. :wacko:

Funny thing, I told my wife last night that if I just didn't have to watch him I think I would like him better, but his dramatics on stage kinda played well into what he did last night.

Yeah, I saw that one coming. :wacko:

Funny thing, I told my wife last night that if I just didn't have to watch him I think I would like him better, but his dramatics on stage kinda played well into what he did last night.

My wife said Lusk sounds like Kermit the Frog and did a perfect impression of him, which I never knew she could do. I almost fell off the couch laughing.

strange, but i thought jacob did really well, but i still don't like him as a performer. from a range perspective, hitting the notes, doing crazy things with his vocals, he's spot on. his flimsiness and over drama on everything however stops me from connecting with him as a performer.

same thing with stefano. dude is all concerned with his poses and runs, but the judges are dead on, he makes no real connection. i'd be happy to see him go as i don't look forward to him performing.

i actually voted 3 times for naimi because i want her to make the tour and not go back to scrubbing toilets. she's a cool chick.

still think top 3 will be lauren, james, and scotty.

My wife said Lusk sounds like Kermit the Frog and did a perfect impression of him, which I never knew she could do. I almost fell off the couch laughing.

That deserves a Youtube moment. Let us know when you post it. :wacko:

My Top 3 (Who I Root For):

James Durbin

Scotty McCreery

Pia Toscano

(Casey is very close to being in my top 3)

Who I think will be in the top 3:

James Durbin

Pia Toscano

Jacob Lusk

I DID fall off the couch laughing, literally, at something my wife said during jacob's performance last night. jacob got to the line, "like an eagle protects its nest", and she goes, "WHAT??!*? 'like a negro protects his ass'???" :lol::rofl:

in any case, jacob was phenomenal last night. he is my favorite in this competition. casey was really good, but IMO he needs to tone down the growly werewolf schtick. his pitch is spot on, his musicality is phenomenal, he's got soul dripping out his pores -- just sing bro, stop schticking it up with the angry thing. he toned it down last night, to his credit, but he left some of that in and it just didn't fit the song.

james, scotty and paul were a little meh, but all were good enough they should sail through to the next week. I think that just leaves stefano on the guys side -- and you know, that dude can sing pretty well, but it struck me how the producer guy told him, "just make sure it doesn't sound broadway", and yet stefano came out and it sounded craptastically broadway-ish. when he goes home this week or in the next 3 or 4 weeks, I won't miss him a bit.

the girls...I thought almost everyone sounded good "for them". thia and lauren both showed they have really good voices, even if they're artistically a little undefined and unrefined. pia the diva....the girl has well trained voice, but my wife said it pretty well..."she sounds like she's just giving a voice recital at julliard, just with pop songs". in other words, the notes and technicality are there, but there's no real distinctiveness or artistry coming through.

naima? at first, early this season, I thought she was the best girl singer, but I've stared seeing that that just isn't the case. she's a passable singer and a pretty good performer, so she probably did herself well last night, but I don't think she's long for the competition.

haley was, IMO, by far the worst of the night. all the things the judges have justifiably criticized her for in the past were on full display last night. I thought her performance was a train wreck of self-indulgent karaoke, and I was certain that the judges (ok, at least randy) were going to savage her. but then they all told her it was great :wacko: YMMV, I guess. :tup: she looked smokin hot though.

clear bottom two for me were haley and stefano. naima, thia and lauren would be the next 3.

but then they all told her it was great :wacko: YMMV, I guess. :tup:

Tyler says everyone is great. It comes down to how long he speaks and how enthusiastic he is. Hennifa suffers from a bit of this too, but at least she gives constructive criticism. Hey Steven, I know all the cougars in the audience want to ride your botox face, but you're there to, you know, JUDGE.

Tyler says everyone is great. It comes down to how long he speaks and how enthusiastic he is. Hennifa suffers from a bit of this too, but at least she gives constructive criticism. Hey Steven, I know all the cougars in the audience want to ride your botox face, but you're there to, you know, JUDGE.

Yeah, Tyler is getting on my nerves. I think J-Lo is doing a decent job though. She's not out there every time like Kara used to be "It's not the right song for you!"

The problem with Pia is that she has great looks and can sing anything perfectly but she has not shown any real personality. You cannot like her because you have no idea who she is but you can like her singing. Unless she shows personality she will not make it to the top three.

I also think Randy has jumped the shark as a judge. They wanted him to link to the past and bring a "vet" to the panel but Tyler and Lopez offer so much better criticism and help than "you started out pitchy but by the middle you found yourself and ended hot, baby!" Lopez and Tyler both know everything there is to know about making it in the music business.

All Randy does is try to name drop and highlight what a great judge he is.

America got it wrong, judges got it right.

Yeah, the vote made absolutely no sense. There have been some irregularities in past seasons with wrong numbers being displayed on the screen and votes not being counted. Not sure if something weird happened again, but I can say that my wife placed a bunch of text votes last night and most of them did not go through. Coulda been high volume, or the network crashed, who knows. Or, everyone figured their favorite was safe so they voted to save another one they liked.