[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get Casey at all....seriously. While he has some talent, his voice is not something I would invest a 99 cent downloadable song. Its a very very poor man's Joe Cocker in a very annoyingly screeching way. Just me I guess, since he got this far...but he he ain't winning anything.

America got it wrong, judges got it right.

Yeah, the vote made absolutely no sense.

i_am_the_swammi :wacko:

I find it hard to believe. I love the singing, but the drama should be left to the soap operas & WWF wrestling. I'm calling BS on this one, of which I've suspected before.

I'm not sure about the fix being in, but, my wife and I, who are fans, were laughing about the cheeziness of last night's show. When Hulk Hogan pretended to hit Secrest, and he dove into the audience, I proclaimed that the results show had officially "Jumped the Shark"

Also, Casey annoyed the hell out of me with the way he acted after being saved. I went from being glad he was saved to wishing they would kick him off for the way he was acting.

Edited by Menudo

I'm not sure about the fix being in, but, my wife and I, who are fans, were laughing about the cheeziness of last night's show. When Hulk Hogan pretended to hit Secrest, and he dove into the audience, I proclaimed that the results show had officially "Jumped the Shark"

Also, Casey annoyed the hell out of me with the way he acted after being saved. I went from being glad he was saved to wishing they would kick him off for the way he was acting.

+1. except i didn't think he was that great to begin with.

+2

That was part of my reasoning. I thought it might have just been a very poor acting job, but maybe he was just being dramatic thinking it would get his fans voting for him again. Nonetheless, it was extremely awkward & I caught a look on Lopez's face like she thought he'd lost his mind.

since all 11 now make this tour, many will no longer care. last night was the big cut in my opinion because if you lose, the ride is completely over. now, many of the finalists who will not win really probably don't care what happens because they know they aren't going to win, but they get to extend their ride by going on this tour.

if they cut stefano, it would have been a good night.

and, uh, i liked the hulkster cameo ... :wacko:

Yeah, it was definitely uncomfortable. Looked like he went blind for a second and was about to faint. Jacob is a weirdo too, I have trouble watching him sometimes because he seems like he's barely holding it together.

I don't know if the results were fixed or botched and have no evidence other than my wife's 7 or 8 texts voting for Casey that failed. But I have to say I find it extremely hard to believe that Haley, Paul and Stefano received more votes than Casey.

For me, and i realize this is my opinion and people are welcome to disagree, a lot of the contestants have become unwatchable because they're so annoying. When i say unwatchable i mean that literally. After eliminating those, here's who i have left

Lauren Alaina - still predicting her to win.

James Durbin - didn't love his performance tonight.

Pia - smokeshow; her voice doesn't excite me as much as her body.

Haley - randy was right, best performance of the night - dark horse.

Casey dialed it down a notch and I thought he was brilliant. Haley a close second, then James. I thought Pia turned in her best performance in weeks, and yeah, jeeeez she is ridiculously hot. :wacko:

I think it should be Naima and Stefano going home.

Haven't watched much this year. Pia is smoking hot. Really dig her voice too. The country singer is a huge Showtime Rotisserie. Just can't even stand to look at that guy. Casey was good this week. But I'll be rooting against him because America voted him off and some stupid loophole allows him back in the game.

But Pia...good gawd.

What in the world was that Reggae crap?? God awful. :wacko: She should have been gone weeks ago.

Just slightly worse than the guy singing country every single week regardless of the theme. I'm sorry, Scotty seems like a nice kid but we DVR the show and fast forward through his performances every week now. I'm sure a good chunk of the southern contingent will keep him alive for a while longer, but he's got to alienating another pretty big chunk too.

For me, and i realize this is my opinion and people are welcome to disagree, a lot of the contestants have become unwatchable because they're so annoying. When i say unwatchable i mean that literally. After eliminating those, here's who i have left

Lauren Alaina - still predicting her to win.

James Durbin - didn't love his performance tonight.

Pia - smokeshow; her voice doesn't excite me as much as her body.

Haley - randy was right, best performance of the night - dark horse.

She may be the most annoying of the bunch. She can't carry a conversation, can't make a joke, makes everyone feel awkward when she's on stage....and her voice is "meh" at best. I just don't get the love.

I really liked Casey & Thia this week....Haley probably did enough to keep herself around another week (that is, made enough voting pants tight)....Stephano & Naima are likely headed home.

Still think the final 3 are Pia, James and my dark horse....Thia.

Just slightly worse than the guy singing country every single week regardless of the theme. I'm sorry, Scotty seems like a nice kid but we DVR the show and fast forward through his performances every week now. I'm sure a good chunk of the southern contingent will keep him alive for a while longer, but he's got to alienating another pretty big chunk too.

he's unwatchable. They're keeping him around to keep the country audience.

On a related note, I'm starting to miss Simon Cowell.

Thia and Naima going home this week IMO.

Thia doesn't deserve to go home yet. I think she is better than most seem to. However, I wouldn't be surprised if you got this one right.

Casey dialed it down a notch and I thought he was brilliant. Haley a close second, then James. I thought Pia turned in her best performance in weeks, and yeah, jeeeez she is ridiculously hot. :wacko:

I think it should be Naima and Stefano going home.

Agreed on all points, except that I didn't think Haley was as good as the judges did. I agree with Naima and Stefano going home, but, I have a feeling that Thia might go home, and I don't think she should yet.

I like country music, so, I like Scotty. I actually like the fact that he sticks to country songs. He isn't going to win this thing, but, I'm betting that he ends up as the most successful artist out of this group.

I really don't think anyone was terrible last night. I do think that this is a talented group. I love Elton John's music....... :wacko: seriously, I think he is brilliant. I can't believe no one sang "Levon" or "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" Here is my quick take on last night:

1. Scotty - Safe, predictable, probably getting boring, but, this kid can sing country songs very well.

2. Naima - To me, it seemed like she was impersonating a Reggae singer. I like Reggae music, and she didn't sing badly, but, I think it is time for her to go home

3. Paul - The guy definitely has a unique voice, and I like it. However, like Scotty, all performances seem the same.

4. Pia - I thought she was incredible. She has a phenomenal voice. She is also very nice to look at. I do think she needs to show more personality to win though.

5. Stefano - I thought "Tiny Dancer" was too big of a song for him. I was surprised that the judges liked it as much as they did. Not bad, but, not great.

6. Lauren - I thought it was o.k., but, didn't have the love that the judges did for it, especially J-Lo, who called it the best of the night to that point. :tup:

7. James - He is my favorite. I love his confidence and that he makes every song a performance. I think he is solid every week.

8. Thia - "Daniel" was the perfect song for her, and I loved her performance. However, it seems I am in the minority on this one.

9. Casey - This was his best performance since the show went live. I thought he was very good this week.

10. Jacob - This guy's voice is amazing, but, I can't stand to watch him sing. The theatrics and facial expressions annoy the hell out of me.

11. Haley - I thought she was good and better than she usually is, but, I was blown away like the judges were.

My bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Haley (based on all performances, not just last night)

Who I Would Send Home: Naima, Stefano

My predicted bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Thia

My prediction of who is going home: Naima, Thia :lol:

Edited by Menudo

My bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Haley (based on all performances, not just last night)

Who I Would Send Home: Naima

My predicted bottom three: Naima, Stefano, Thia

My prediction of who is going home: Naima, Thia :wacko:

My thoughts exactly.

No front runners in my mind anymore. Some of the favorites have stumbled a bit and the pack is catching up.

I like country music, so, I like Scotty. I actually like the fact that he sticks to country songs. He isn't going to win this thing, but, I'm betting that he ends up as the most successful artist out of this group.

i would bet $1 million he isn't.

Edited by Jackass