[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Bears Game Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say, GB outplayed the Bears, but not by much....Caleb Hanie came in and showed a live arm and some stones; as for Urlacher, I recall watching the draft and my buddy looking at me when the Bears picked him and lamenting "sh*t, now we've gotta play against this guy for the next ten years..." - what a warrior. He and Peppers absolutely left it all on the field.

What was truly shocking was GB's special teams COMPLETELY negating Chicago's tremendous return game.

But hey, GB is in the SB! Yay beer!

Gotta say, GB outplayed the Bears, but not by much....Caleb Hanie came in and showed a live arm and some stones; as for Urlacher, I recall watching the draft and my buddy looking at me when the Bears picked him and lamenting "sh*t, now we've gotta play against this guy for the next ten years..." - what a warrior. He and Peppers absolutely left it all on the field.

What was truly shocking was GB's special teams COMPLETELY negating Chicago's tremendous return game.

But hey, GB is in the SB! Yay beer!

You know, in hindsight...that they were only 2 scores down gave us a ton of hope, but not with the Emergency QB...he just went out there and basically gave himself another 5+ years in the league as a backup somewhere.

Once Peppers popped Rodgers, he was just a little off, and the Bears defense caught up to him a bit. Couple that with the Pack scaling back quite a bit in the playcalling, this game was much closer than it should have been. The better team won, my friend.

You know, in hindsight...that they were only 2 scores down gave us a ton of hope, but not with the Emergency QB...he just went out there and basically gave himself another 5+ years in the league as a backup somewhere.

Once Peppers popped Rodgers, he was just a little off, and the Bears defense caught up to him a bit. Couple that with the Pack scaling back quite a bit in the playcalling, this game was much closer than it should have been. The better team won, my friend.

Despite how Chicago fans feel today, IMO the Bears made a pretty good accounting. GB should have pounded the nails in the coffin LOONG before the game was over, but Chicago wouldn't let that happen.

Oh, and put me in the camp of "some people are being complete f*cking idiots about Cutler"; okay, so they guy is a jerk. Doesn't mean he doesn't care.