[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Initiate Change

Brentastic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...ervyn-King.html

Inflation could reach 5pc within months, warns Bank of England chief Mervyn King

Britain's "uncomfortably high inflation" is of more concern to the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) than the surprise fall in gross domestic product, Mervyn King, the Governor of the Bank of England, has said.

Mr King warned that inflation was likely to rise to between 4pc and 5pc over the next few months, before falling back next year. He said that inflation has climbed to its current level of 3.7pc because of rising import and energy prices and taxes, and that these factors had squeezed real take-home pay by around 12pc.

In a speech in Newcastle that included references to both Ken Dodd and Leo Tolstoy, Mr King said the shock 0.5pc fall in GDP over the fourth quarter of 2010 served as a reminder of his comment last year that the recovery would be "choppy". But he added: "Of more immediate concern to the MPC is that we are experiencing uncomfortably high inflation."

The Governor said that although there is much "unhappiness" focused on the high rate of inflation there was a "misapprehension" in some quarters that the MPC "could have prevented the squeeze in living standards by raising interest rates over the past year to bring inflation below its present level".

"That view is a misunderstanding of how monetary policy works," he said. If the MPC had raised interest rates significantly then "inflation might well have started to fall back this year, but only because the recovery would have been slower, unemployment higher and average earnings rising even more slowly than now. The erosion of living standards would have been even greater." The Governor said the idea that the MPC could have preserved living standards by preventing a rise in inflation was "wishful thinking".

Observers should keep an eye on the "big picture", said Mr King, but headlines would "inevitably" focus on the "immediate effect of shocks on CPI inflation". But he added: "Central banks do not set policy or react according to headlines."

As I've said before, I think they will inflate us into a recovery...this is the solution that Bernanke and whoever else has probably come up with to get us out of this depression which will put more money in circulation while causing house prices and everything to go up and then another bubble could be initiated based on what would be pretty much an illusion...all because people don't know how money works and they won't teach it in schools.

my only question is how much inflation until we hit hyper-inflation?...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...ervyn-King.html

As I've said before, I think they will inflate us into a recovery...this is the solution that Bernanke and whoever else has probably come up with to get us out of this depression which will put more money in circulation while causing house prices and everything to go up and then another bubble could be initiated based on what would be pretty much an illusion...all because people don't know how money works and they won't teach it in schools.

my only question is how much inflation until we hit hyper-inflation?...

Thankfully, you're here to save the day and educate everyone. Now if ony we could get you elected to an economic position all of our problems will be solved.

Edited by Jackass

Thankfully, you're here to save the day and educate everyone. Now if ony we could get you elected to an economic position all of our problems will be solved.

:wacko: I'm a hero...I'm just putting information out there for people to interpret...

these are not things that I alone created or invented, I am just taking as much "like" information and funneling it into a post for all to read or not read....

you do succeed at one thing though,...your name...

ps: more than half the middle-class (if not 90% and about 85% of the lower class as well) do not know how money works...that's well more than the average population...and I might have been a bit lenient with those numbers....as I am only using it to represent the US and not the entire world..

Edited by Avernus

:wacko: I'm a hero...I'm just putting information out there for people to interpret...

these are not things that I alone created or invented, I am just taking as much "like" information and funneling it into a post for all to read or not read....

you do succeed at one thing though,...your name...

ps: more than half the middle-class (if not 90% and about 85% of the lower class as well) do not know how money works...that's well more than the average population...and I might have been a bit lenient with those numbers....as I am only using it to represent the US and not the entire world..

yeah, most people are idiots, i don't question that. i interpreted your comment to mean Bernanke doesn't know how money works. Is that what you were saying or did i misinterpret?

yeah, most people are idiots, i don't question that. i interpreted your comment to mean Bernanke doesn't know how money works. Is that what you were saying or did i misinterpret?

I was saying that he knows exactly what he's doing, but he appears to be ignoring long term consequences.....he's deliberately inflating the currency to raise prices because we'll look at that as there being a surge in value when it's really just a surge in price and drop in purchasing power,...

All i can say after watching that is wow. My personal opinion is that that is not appropriate for this message board.

Wow as in you don't believe in free speech? If so, even coming from you I'm shocked. I'm seriously confused on why that video is not appropriate? You have got to be kidding. :wacko::tup:

All i can say after watching that is wow. My personal opinion is that that is not appropriate for this message board.

you hate America?...I personally don't rule out the possibility of anything that I haven't experienced and give anyone a chance to voice their opinion...

you hate America?...I personally don't rule out the possibility of anything that I haven't experienced and give anyone a chance to voice their opinion...

I'm still astonished jackass' post. I personally don't think he understood what the speaker was saying at all. And judging by other posts of his, I'm sure he doesn't quite 'get it'.

This 7 minute clip from a longer speech is worth checking out. It's on free speech but hopefully you will notice the relvance to this thread.

:wacko:

Really Brent? The guy goes from protection of free speech and seeking knowledge to blather about how every crackpot should be listened to no matter if they have no shred of credibility or proof for anything they say. The crap about a right of the audience to listen to whatever stuff is spewed forth is hilarious. I have a right to NOT listen to crap if I choose not to. I love the posts by ladyhawke, west virginia and others. They are highly entertaining, but I have the choice to put them on ignore if I want to.

Brent, I respect your choice to beleive what you do about the economy and waves and astral projections muddling with the Dow Jones Industrial average. I enjoy reading your posts about this, because frankly I really dont get that involved in stuff like this and I find these posts interesting.

However when you make projections, and then get proven wrong, and then post an air of superiority with a smidgeon on arrogance that "well, you just cant understand what I was predicting" I can see how that doesnt sit well with others.

Have a great Monday.

Really Brent? The guy goes from protection of free speech and seeking knowledge to blather about how every crackpot should be listened to no matter if they have no shred of credibility or proof for anything they say. The crap about a right of the audience to listen to whatever stuff is spewed forth is hilarious. I have a right to NOT listen to crap if I choose not to. I love the posts by ladyhawke, west virginia and others. They are highly entertaining, but I have the choice to put them on ignore if I want to.

Brent, I respect your choice to beleive what you do about the economy and waves and astral projections muddling with the Dow Jones Industrial average. I enjoy reading your posts about this, because frankly I really dont get that involved in stuff like this and I find these posts interesting.

However when you make projections, and then get proven wrong, and then post an air of superiority with a smidgeon on arrogance that "well, you just cant understand what I was predicting" I can see how that doesnt sit well with others.

Have a great Monday.

I'm surprised you don't see the point of his speech and the importance of what he's saying.

I'm surprised you don't see the point of his speech and the importance of what he's saying.

I'm surprised you don't see how people tune out as soon as he says we should give a listen to people who want to deny the Holocaust ever happened, much less flat earthers. There are so many more examples he could have used that would have made the same point such as - off the top of my head - is water really made up of 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen atoms? Shock for the sake of shocking sometimes doesn't get you the audience you want. Kinda like being smarmy about people who ask questions about what you're saying.

Edited by Pope Flick

I'm surprised you don't see how people tune out as soon as he says we should give a listen to people who want to deny the Holocaust ever happened, much less flat earthers. There are so many more examples he could have used that would have made the same point such as - off the top of my head - is water really made up of 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen atoms? Shock for the sake of shocking sometimes doesn't get you the audience you want. Kinda like being smarmy about people who ask questions about what you're saying.

You mean round earthers? Because there was a time when EVERYONE believed the earth was flat and if you claimed otherwise you were labeled a quack. You'd think people would learn from history but the propaganda is too strong apparently.

The point is that if someone is saying something that is unusual or against what EVERYONE else is saying, it is even more important to let them be heard because there may be information that is true. They may also be full of diaper dirt but if they are not full of it, then the truth deserves to be heard.

Keep on believing that governments and people of power have your best interest at heart. Bow down to the almighty powers of government and elitists :tup::lol::rofl:

You mean round earthers? Because there was a time when EVERYONE believed the earth was flat and if you claimed otherwise you were labeled a quack. You'd think people would learn from history but the propaganda is too strong apparently.

The point is that if someone is saying something that is unusual or against what EVERYONE else is saying, it is even more important to let them be heard because there may be information that is true. They may also be full of diaper dirt but if they are not full of it, then the truth deserves to be heard.

Keep on believing that governments and people of power have your best interest at heart. Bow down to the almighty powers of government and elitists :tup::lol::rofl:

No brent, I didn't say any of that and am quite aware of the history regarding what happened around Galileo's time.

But you can't respond to - much less understand - the point I made when I said he could use better examples in order to not disengage his audience. You'd rather resort to your smilie schtick and straw man arguments. Well done.

And his point is flawed: just because it's something few are saying doesn't mean it deserves an audience. The fact that he uses the Holocaust deniers as an example is ironic in the extreme because they use that very same argument to both deny reality and promote a disgusting agenda that has been rejected by most everyone, and rightfully so. There's a point at which you have to move on and leave the crazies off the bus.

And his point is flawed: just because it's something few are saying doesn't mean it deserves an audience. The fact that he uses the Holocaust deniers as an example is ironic in the extreme because they use that very same argument to both deny reality and promote a disgusting agenda that has been rejected by most everyone, and rightfully so. There's a point at which you have to move on and leave the crazies off the bus.

Yep. I always advocate digging behind the news instead of just accepting the shallow spoon feeding that the media provide but there are some things that are demonstrably ridiculous and unworthy of an audience at all since they fly in the face of proof. Holocaust denial falls into this category. Apart from nutjob author "historians" like Irving and insane politicians like Ahmedinutcase in Iran, the only other place I've ever seen real denial is Stormfront, another nest of lunatics.

Brent - there is a fundamental difference between comparing the flat earth / round earth question pre-Galileo and Holocaust denial now in 2011. The difference is that no-one had sufficient capability to realize the earth was a sphere until Galileo and others demonstrated it beyond any doubt. The Holocaust has also been demonstrated beyond any doubt - THAT is why deniers should not expect an audience.

Brent, just because they has a "theory" doesnt mean that it is true.

I dont advocate suppressing free speech at all. But just becasue someone has a theory doesnt make it fact. The flat world theory was only one example in his speech. What about all the other conspiracy theories that arent true/way out crazy?

I have no problem listening to contrarian theories at all, and I am not saying we need to silence people with different agendas. But when you display a condescending air of "I know more than you do so you cant possibly understand" that greatly minimizes your message, as it is lost in smugness and arrogance. You are not Morpheus or the Oracle from the Matrix.

Questioning you is not the same as "trusting governments have our best interests at heart". The two are not mutually exclusive. If people dont believe you, that does not mean they are unenlightened drones that blindly worshiop the American gubmnet.

Do you see the distinction here between the two?

Brent, just because they has a "theory" doesnt mean that it is true.

I dont advocate suppressing free speech at all. But just becasue someone has a theory doesnt make it fact. The flat world theory was only one example in his speech. What about all the other conspiracy theories that arent true/way out crazy?

I have no problem listening to contrarian theories at all, and I am not saying we need to silence people with different agendas. But when you display a condescending air of "I know more than you do so you cant possibly understand" that greatly minimizes your message, as it is lost in smugness and arrogance. You are not Morpheus or the Oracle from the Matrix.

Questioning you is not the same as "trusting governments have our best interests at heart". The two are not mutually exclusive. If people dont believe you, that does not mean they are unenlightened drones that blindly worshiop the American gubmnet.

Do you see the distinction here between the two?

Well, duh. When have I once indicated that anything was true about the holocaust reference? The whole point of the speech as well as me posting it is just to reiterate the importance of free speech. And no matter how bizarre someone’s claim might be, they deserve to say it.

Your first response made it seem as though you were listening to the words (holocaust) rather than the point. At no time did I come off as arrogant. I believe it was your inability to address the point of the speech rather than me being arrogant. My reply was simply “I'm surprised you don't see the point of his speech and the importance of what he's saying.”

Well, duh. When have I once indicated that anything was true about the holocaust reference? The whole point of the speech as well as me posting it is just to reiterate the importance of free speech. And no matter how bizarre someone’s claim might be, they deserve to say it.

Your first response made it seem as though you were listening to the words (holocaust) rather than the point. At no time did I come off as arrogant. I believe it was your inability to address the point of the speech rather than me being arrogant. My reply was simply “I'm surprised you don't see the point of his speech and the importance of what he's saying.”

They can say it all they want. Doesnt mean people have to listen, nor does it make them right.

I never once mentioned the Holocaust in any post here, BTW.

Keep on believing that governments and people of power have your best interest at heart. Bow down to the almighty powers of government and elitists

Here is where the arrogance sets in . . . that if people disagree with you then the above statement must apply to them. You seem to proclaim that you are merely the harbringer of truth and justice to the world, and everyone else is somehow being fooled because they just dont/cant understand.

No brent, I didn't say any of that and am quite aware of the history regarding what happened around Galileo's time.

But you can't respond to - much less understand - the point I made when I said he could use better examples in order to not disengage his audience. You'd rather resort to your smilie schtick and straw man arguments. Well done.

To respond to your point - using your 'water' example would not merit the same considerations in any way, shape or form. This is why I didn't respond because I don't think it deserved an explanation. Ok, on to the point. The holocaust changed millions of lives and 3 generations of people were/are affected by it. IF the holocaust was a hoax the outcome of finding out about the hoax would be severe - many people would have been manipulated and much hate spread for someone else's motive. What we currently believe to be the chemical breakdown of water is nowhere close to having the same drastic consequences and therefore would make a horrible example in this context of free speech. On top of all that, we don't even know why he used the holocaust as an example. That clip seems to be part of a longer speech and hell, maybe he does believe the holocaust was a hoax.

To use another example - what would be your reaction if I told you that FDR not only allowed (i.e. knew in advance) the attack on peral harbor but also instigated the bombing so he could get the American people to support America entering WWII? My reaction would be intrigue because it's a view I've never heard before and it makes sense from a strategical standpoint. I would then follow up with research of my own. However, most people get angry when they hear something foreign to what they thought was correct. I tend to give the esoteric thoughts and ideas the benefit of the doubt before dismissing them because the very notion that these ideas come to surface give them a sliver of credibility in my eyes. Someone must have evidence (no matter how small) to make such a claim. To find out any new truth, even if the end hypothesis is proved wrong, is worth the listen.

They can say it all they want. Doesnt mean people have to listen, nor does it make them right.

I never once mentioned the Holocaust in any post here, BTW.

Here is where the arrogance sets in . . . that if people disagree with you then the above statement must apply to them. You seem to proclaim that you are merely the harbringer of truth and justice to the world, and everyone else is somehow being fooled because they just dont/cant understand.

What you're missing is that people don't ask questions and when they do I kindly answer them. The only time I come back with smart ass answers is when people angrily oppose instead of asking questions. I'm more than happy to answer questions but so many people on here are such know-it-alls that they don't ask anything, they just assume my claims are outlandish or quackery.

It doesn't take a very deep look into history to find out that governments and bankers are crooked evil basturds who have historically lied, manipulated and murdered to control the masses. This verifiable data makes it even more puzzling to me that so many on here think that everything is hunky dory and that my Fed bashing is unjustified and that I'm just a quack. I've done a lot of research to decipher the truth and I'm diligently trying to spread that truth because I believe once everyone understands what is going on, the sooner we can change it for the better.

What you perceive as arrogance is me weeding out the smart asses who just like to argue. I only respond that way to the same people who repeatedly attack me (either passively or agressively).

Here's a funny headline from today:

Bernanke: Economy is on the mend

By Annalyn Censky, staff reporterFebruary 3, 2011: 1:28 PM ET

WASHINGTON, D.C. (CNNMoney) -- In a rare on-the-record appearance before reporters, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke defended his controversial bond-buying policy by offering evidence that the economy is on the mend.

Speaking to a room full of reporters at the National Press Club Thursday, Bernanke acknowledged recent signs of improvement in the economy, including stronger consumer and business spending.

I don't know about you guys but the solution to over-spending is not to spend more. At least that's what logic would tell us. Not that there's anything logical remaining in the power structure of this country. There's silly me ranting about logic in an illogical economic system.

It's hard to blame the masses for not being angry when in every basic economics class you are taught that spending is what drives the economy. Unfortunately, this country is a BIG F'in JOKE.

If you're one of those huddlers who think I'm a quack - you will see soon enough.

E2A: Here's an analogy. Let's say you had 10 credit cards that you maxed out which caused a major panic in your household and forced you to stop spending. But then the Fed lowers interest rates and encourages banks to issue more credit cards . So then you proclaim to your family: "The bad news is that we spent too much money and had to halt buying anything. But don't worry, I just got 5 new credit cards and our spending has resumed!!"

When you realize the reality of the situation, it ain't so pretty. Don't be fooled by fancy economic jargon and perceived 'experts' new policies. This country is going through a major wealth distribution and when it's complete, everyone of us will be poorer, will have to pay more taxes and will have nothing good to look forward to in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Brentastic