[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 College Football Recruiting Rankings

Rockerbraves

When civility is lost in a College football forum... Nevermind.

Not sure what got Detlef so fired up. I actually think it's a topic worthy of discussion. Take for example a kid you might know named Blake Sailors. Blake Sailors joined his brother, Josh, as a walk-on football player at the University of Georgia. Blake’s 4.28 forty helped him get a shot; he now starts on special teams for the Bulldogs . Some believe he could be the 1st reshirt freshmen walk-on to ever be named captain of the University of Georgia football team. Why do I bring this up? Because according to Detlef there is no way a white kid this fast could be passed over, yet believe it or not this kid didn't have any offers out of high school nor was he even rated by rivals or scout,com. :wacko:

Not sure what got Detlef so fired up. I actually think it's a topic worthy of discussion. Take for example a kid you might know named Blake Sailors. Blake Sailors joined his brother, Josh, as a walk-on football player at the University of Georgia. Blake’s 4.28 forty helped him get a shot; he now starts on special teams for the Bulldogs . Some believe he could be the 1st reshirt freshmen walk-on to ever be named captain of the University of Georgia football team. Why do I bring this up? Because according to Detlef there is no way a white kid this fast could be passed over, yet believe it or not this kid didn't have any offers out of high school nor was he even rated by rivals or scout,com. :wacko:

I dont know anything about this kid or his numbers in high school that would garner a Div1 scholarship outside of the fact that he is fast. I dont want to speak for Detlef but I tend to agree with him and I think he would say that there are tons of kids white or black with great 40 times that dont get a look. But if you look at the averages there are more black kids that have 40 times that are impressive. Its a numbers game. Being so, with the amount of talent in the US, if recruiters organize their time by looking at race it is short sighted and probably racist but a way for them to organize their time. Do you think that there are any black soccer kids that can kick a field goal?

Stereotypes are a real time saver. :tup:

1) I got fired up because you called me a racist.

2) Why do you lie? According to his Rivals page, Sailors ran a 4.43, which, mind you, is a mighty fine time, but isn't 4.28 and who knows what else was in play.

3) Why do you lie part 2? I understand that it helps your argument to skew the statements of others, but you really need to stop.

4) Do you really, really think the Olympic 100m dash is filled with black guys because of some fluke? Have you honestly not seen that to be the case all the way down the line wherever sprints are run in areas that have any significant black population. It's not racist, it's called not being blind. Hell, my HS had like 10 black guys out of 1200. That was pretty much the case for every HS in my district. it wasn't by design. There just weren't that many black people in SC. But guess what, at the league track and field championships, more than half the field in the 100 finals was black dudes. And those were all the black dudes in the field. And we didn't make the black dudes run. In fact, some of them were fat-asses that couldn't fun for chight. But among those who wanted to run? They were fast. I'm guessing there are also black dudes who like to run who aren't that fast. I just also know that most of the fastest guys are black. It's just a fact.

And it's cool. It doesn't bother me, and it shouldn't. It also doesn't mean that black people are only good at running fast. It just means that most of the fastest people are black.I have no idea why, but I've been inundated with evidence to support this my entire life. To insist otherwise would be stubborn to a fault.

And I never said that every black man is faster than every white dude and I also never said that being black automatically makes you faster. I also never said that no white guy with great measurables has ever been overlooked.

And, keep in mind, your whole anti-white bias thing is basically a "anti-white guy speed position" thing. White QBs get love, white linemen, linebackers, kickers, TEs. There are plenty of those in the D-1 scene. So, let's just say there's this big anti-white conspiracy with regards to speed positions. As a white guy, is that enough to really get your panties in a twist? Have you not been white your whole life? Have you not enjoyed the luxury of not getting pulled over for no good reason other than the fact that "you look just like a guy we're looking for?"

Hell, even within the confines of football, the white guys have a strangle hold on QB, the highest paying position in the league. Black dude comes out of college and we're comparing him to other black QBs. Why is Cam Newton not being compared to Steve Young? Steve Young was big and liked to run. No, Cam Newton is being compared to Vince Young or Mike Vick. No good reason, really, other than the fact that he's black. So, there you go. Even if you're right, it's not like the white guy is being chight on by football as a whole. At least a white guy has a lot easier time dispelling the myth that he can't run fast than a black guy does of proving he can read pass coverages. I mean, what's more insulting? That people think you run slower than you do or that you're too stupid to play QB? It's not even freaking close.

I guess I see it this way. As a white guy, I can't help but realize that I was born into a nice situation. Not saying I deserve it. Just saying that I'd be a pretty much an ingrate if I didn't at least realize it. So it's like life is a ball game. And all game long, the ref keeps giving my team the borderline calls, even throwing a few really bad ones my way. Now, it's not necc. my job to take a stand and demand the ref start calling a fairer game. However, the first time a shaky call goes the other way, maybe I should just shrug it off and keep playing. Because I know, in my heart, that I'm certainly not getting the short end of the stick overall. Wouldn't I be a total my little buddy if I pitched a fit right there and then? Knowing full well that the ref is like 10 more calls like that away from actually evening the score?

That's pretty much it. Now go back to "fighting the power" because apparently someone is keeping you down. I have a dream. A dream that someday all white men will be free.

Oh, and 5) You've got John Rocker in your avi. Enough said. You suck.

1) I got fired up because you called me a racist.

2) Why do you lie? According to his Rivals page, Sailors ran a 4.43, which, mind you, is a mighty fine time, but isn't 4.28 and who knows what else was in play.

3) Why do you lie part 2? I understand that it helps your argument to skew the statements of others, but you really need to stop.

4) Do you really, really think the Olympic 100m dash is filled with black guys because of some fluke? Have you honestly not seen that to be the case all the way down the line wherever sprints are run in areas that have any significant black population. It's not racist, it's called not being blind. Hell, my HS had like 10 black guys out of 1200. That was pretty much the case for every HS in my district. it wasn't by design. There just weren't that many black people in SC. But guess what, at the league track and field championships, more than half the field in the 100 finals was black dudes. And those were all the black dudes in the field. And we didn't make the black dudes run. In fact, some of them were fat-asses that couldn't fun for chight. But among those who wanted to run? They were fast. I'm guessing there are also black dudes who like to run who aren't that fast. I just also know that most of the fastest guys are black. It's just a fact.

And, keep in mind, your whole anti-white bias thing is basically a "anti-white guy speed position" thing. White QBs get love, white linemen, linebackers, kickers, TEs. There are plenty of those in the D-1 scene. So, let's just say there's this big anti-white conspiracy with regards to speed positions. As a white guy, is that enough to really get your panties in a twist? Have you not been white your whole life? Have you not enjoyed the luxury of not getting pulled over for no good reason other than the fact that "you look just like a guy we're looking for?"

5) You've got John Rocker in your avi. Enough said. You suck.

1. Don't be offended if called a racist. Many believe some of our best cops and doctors are too. :wacko: .

2. So you are going to believe rivals.com site 40 time yet they didn't even rate the kid? :rofl:

3. See above

4. Not that many black people in SC, are you kiddin me :lol:

In regard to the black QB being overlooked in college recruiting. According to the ESPMU 6 out of the 9 quarterbacks in the ESPNU 150 are black, including 3 out of the top 5. And last year the top 2 quarterbacks were black and 4 out of the top 6 were too. :tup:

5.) You would think you would like John Rocker considering he also liked to stereotype people. :rofl:

Saw this and thought I would share.

The best rapper is a white guy,

The best golfer is a black guy,

The tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese,

The Swiss won the America's Cup

I dont know anything about this kid or his numbers in high school that would garner a Div1 scholarship outside of the fact that he is fast. I dont want to speak for Detlef but I tend to agree with him and I think he would say that there are tons of kids white or black with great 40 times that dont get a look. But if you look at the averages there are more black kids that have 40 times that are impressive. Its a numbers game. Being so, with the amount of talent in the US, if recruiters organize their time by looking at race it is short sighted and probably racist but a way for them to organize their time. Do you think that there are any black soccer kids that can kick a field goal?

Stereotypes are a real time saver. :wacko:

To be fair I haven't gone back and did any research when it comes to the good black WR's playing in college or pro for that matter to see if they had to walk on in college. So you think it's just a time saver thing for the coaches responisble for recruiting to eliminate white high school WR's?

But Bobby Bowden doesn't want any part of that, because Bobby Bowden hates white people.

Funny you should mention Bobby Bowden. I ran across an interesting acticle written by a reporter for NoleDigest.com named Jason Staple.

Jason wrote "I’ll never forget a white wide receiver being taken out before a vertical route was called in a scrimmage at FSU, “because I want some speed in there for this.” The look of disgust on that receiver’s face (he ran a 21 second 200m and was significantly faster than the black receiver replacing him) is something that will stick with me forever. Was it conscious racism? No, but it reflects just how difficult it can be to overturn long-held stereotypes. These sorts of assumptions all too often become self-fulfilling prophecies, as kids from a young age are put in various positions and told what their limitations or advantages are. The white 9 year old is more likely to be a quarterback than a running back (and vice-versa), and often for no reason other than skin color. Unfortunately, this is one place sports serves as a reminder of our troubles, not as a diversion from them."

1. Don't be offended if called a racist. Many believe some of our best cops and doctors are too. :wacko: .

2. So you are going to believe rivals.com site 40 time yet they didn't even rate the kid? :rofl:

3. See above

4. Not that many black people in SC, are you kiddin me :lol:

In regard to the black QB being overlooked in college recruiting. According to the ESPMU 6 out of the 9 quarterbacks in the ESPNU 150 are black, including 3 out of the top 5. And last year the top 2 quarterbacks were black and 4 out of the top 6 were too. :tup:

5.) You would think you would like John Rocker considering he also liked to stereotype people. :rofl:

Saw this and thought I would share.

The best rapper is a white guy,

The best golfer is a black guy,

The tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese,

The Swiss won the America's Cup

SC = Santa Cruz, CA.

Otherwise, I'm done with this conversation. Go ahead and continue feeling like us white guys get the shaft.

SC = Santa Cruz, CA.

Otherwise, I'm done with this conversation. Go ahead and continue feeling like us white guys get the shaft.

Actually, from what I understand the black guys are blessed in the shaft department, also. :wacko:

Just to churn this a little I feel obligated to point out that the least athletic and slowest people on earth are from sub-saharan Africa. Southern Africa has the greatest amount of DNA variance on the planet.