[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers/Packers Game Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that due to your need for a play-by-play?

hook might be able to provide that service for you.

No, I just don't like the bias Dick showed by calling it a Steelers/Packers Game Thread instead of a Packers/Steelers thread.

I doubt Hook is even watching the game since his fillies are out of it.

No, I just don't like the bias Dick showed by calling it a Steelers/Packers Game Thread instead of a Packers/Steelers thread.

I doubt Hook is even watching the game since his fillies are out of it.

it really doesn't matter.... gb is predetermined to win.

An hour and a half 'til kickoff. Hope everyone has the vacuuming done. :wacko:

:tup: I'm actually just getting ready to give the kids a bath now, but I have no chores planned for the game. (Unless drinking, eating and peeing are now considered chores.)

(To be quite honest, I'm suprised nobody commented on my sigline that I put up two weeks ago.)

OK, couple of things that I think we could see:

1. I do think we see the Pack force the Steelers into their nickle coverage quite a bit

2. I also think the Pack will run the ball enough to keep the Steelers "honest" but in doing so I have a feeling that much of it is run right at James Harrison...Harrison isn't a slouch by any means against the run but if they can do it enough then play action should help just enough to keep him from pinning his ears back.

3. Raji seems to be getting all the love but look for Cullen Jenkins to be the one that creates havoc in the middle of the Steelers OL and backfield.

4. Rodgers has been sharp enough that I can see Troy Polamalu taking a chance on an INT or two and getting burned for a big play or so.

5. LaMar Woodley is the guy you aren't hearing much about and if the Steelers win this game and it comes from a big defensive effort I think it will be Woodley in the middle of it all.

6. Big Ben has shown that he doesn't have to play well to win big games...that means you won't be able to count the Steelers out even if they are within 2 scores with as few as 2 minutes to go...but for some reason I think this will be a high scoring game and the Steelers youth at WR is going to work against them.

Final Score prediction:

Packers 38 (probably on the high side but I just have a feeling that this game is going to go against the grain)

Steelers 24

Whoever came up with having Sam Elliott introduce the teams is a freakin genius.

Agreed. :wacko:

Also, I'm a freaking fan, and I've got knots in my stomach. I wonder how nervous these guys get before kick-off. I know once they start playing, football is football, but, I wonder what butterflies they get going prior to kick-off.

Agreed. :tup:

Also, I'm a freaking fan, and I've got knots in my stomach. I wonder how nervous these guys get before kick-off. I know once they start playing, football is football, but, I wonder what butterflies they get going prior to kick-off.

+1. I'm so nervous I feel like throwing up! :wacko:

GO PACKERS!