[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Page loading issues

Chief Dick

I really hope the solution isn't to expect your customers to ditch the most widely used browser out there for something else. This is an incredibly annoying problem. I'd say at least half a dozen times in the last week now I have given up trying to access the Forums just because I had hit refresh so many times and still not seen any content load.

I really hope the solution isn't to expect your customers to ditch the most widely used browser out there for something else. This is an incredibly annoying problem. I'd say at least half a dozen times in the last week now I have given up trying to access the Forums just because I had hit refresh so many times and still not seen any content load.

+10000

especially when you don't have the choice of browser at work

We've explained this multiple times in the past, but I guess I'll give it one more try and then close this thread.

The issues being described in this thread are 100% ad serving related. There is nothing wrong with the site or forum software. We have little to no control over the ads being served on the site. If there are specific banners that are at issue (like spawning popups) and they can be correctly identified, then we can have some success dealing with them. That is not what's happening here.

What's happening here is a common ad serving issue where a banner ad either displays incorrectly - causing the web page to display incorrectly or incompletely - or the banner is delayed in displaying - causing the web page to "hang up" or display slowly. This issue is caused due to a combination of the banner ad itself, the source ad server, the delivery ad server and the user's browser type and version. These combinations can obviously number in the 100,000's, making it virtually impossible to find the combination(s) at issue. The same banner can display just fine for one user and not for another due to which of the dozens of ad server combinations it's coming from. Or due to the different builds of the browser versions they are using. And on and on and on.

This issue is more common now due to the football season being over and the volume of remnant ads increasing greatly. We understand and apologize for the annoyance this issue causes, but unfortunately we are pretty powerless to do anything about it right now. We continue to stay in contact with our ad network tech department on this and any other issues that arise in the hopes of improving the ad serving on the site.