[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name a popular movie that you saw years after it

whomper

That you really enjoyed. Last night about 11 pm I am laying down to sleep and my wife is flicking through the channels. She stops at Con Air which is just starting. She said " you loved this didnt you" and I said that I never saw it. She was surprised. I gave it a go and really enjoyed it. Stayed up until about 1 watching it . Great flick. Which movies that people seemed to like, did you end up seeing and enjoying many years after it was in the Theatres ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several but I don't think I will name them and get yelled at by taz.

And I thought Waterworld, which I saw when it came out, was pretty good.

:tup: I won't yell at you Sky.

Waterworld is considered one of the monumental busts of the past 30 years. I didn't enjoy it but others seem to have. Everybody has an opinion. Even though I don't agree, I respect it...doesn't mean I can't disagree though :wacko:

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now. These I've watched in the past year. Not sure how popular they were in their time. Some came out before I was born or when I was too young to have seen them in the theaters.

Miller's Crossing

A Raisin in the Sun

All the King's Men

The Count of Monte Cristo

Lost Horizon

Paths of Glory

Reefer Madness

Forbidden Planet

Blade Runner

Driving Mrs. Daisy

Shawshank Redemption

One of my top 5. Come to think of it pertaining to this thread, Goodfellas is another one for me. I saw it years after it came out. I was in college and we were all ready to go out on a Thursday night to the bars. The topic of goodfellas came up and I said I never saw it. One of my fraternity brothers looked at me like I was nuts. He got out the VCR tape and said sit down. we arent going anywhere until you watch this. Ive seen it about 100 times since

Edited by whomper

:tup: I won't yell at you Sky.

Waterworld is considered one of the monumental busts of the past 30 years. I didn't enjoy it but others seem to have. Everybody has an opinion. Even though I don't agree, I respect it...doesn't mean I can't disagree though :wacko:

Fair enough.

Saw Lawrence of Arabia for the first time a couple years ago. Can't believe I had never seen it since O'Toole is one of my all-time favorite actors.

I have never seen any of the Star Wars/Star Trek movies. And I am sure that I wouldn't enjoy them. But that doesn't apply to the topic at hand. LOL

And while I own it... have never seen ET either.

Saw Wizard of Oz in 1956 on TV. Enjoyed it.

Going old school, movies made prior to my birth:

Dr. Strangelove

12 Angry Men

It's a Wonderful Life

(though made while I was alive, was a little too young to watch)

Apocalypse Now

(though made while I was alive, was a little too young to watch)

Apocalypse Now

I just saw this for the first time myself about a month ago. Lawrence Fishburne was a skinny little runt. When the cinematographer (Vittorio Storaro) gave props to Alfred Hitchcock with the profile shadow on Marlon Brando's bald head, I about crapped myself. I was almost embarrassed that I had never seen it. All my buddies gave me some serious grief for that slip.

Edited by tazinib1

That you really enjoyed. Last night about 11 pm I am laying down to sleep and my wife is flicking through the channels. She stops at Con Air which is just starting. She said " you loved this didnt you" and I said that I never saw it. She was surprised. I gave it a go and really enjoyed it. Stayed up until about 1 watching it . Great flick. Which movies that people seemed to like, did you end up seeing and enjoying many years after it was in the Theatres ?

Ok movie, but I could never get over Cage's atrocious Southern accent.