[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name a popular movie that you saw years after it

whomper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawshank Redemption

Good call. Saw that years after it came out and will now tune in every time I stumble across it.

Amazingly enough, especially considering my age put me exactly in the wheelhouse when it first came out, I never saw E.T. until like 3-4 years ago. I mean, I was like 13 years old or something when it came out. And I was all about Star Wars and Close Encounters and stuff like that.

:tup: I won't yell at you Sky.

Waterworld is considered one of the monumental busts of the past 30 years. I didn't enjoy it but others seem to have. Everybody has an opinion. Even though I don't agree, I respect it...doesn't mean I can't disagree though :wacko:

IIRC, It's considered a monumental bust because when it was released it was the most expensive movie ever made, and was just okay...which was reflected in it's box office performance.

Gone with the Wind.

GF has been bugging me to watch it forever. We plan to soon. Problem is it's so hyped I'm trying to go in with modest expectations as highly hyped movies usually disappoint for me.

I"ll add Bugsy, although I just saw it for the 2d time but 1st was still well after it came out. Very good flick.

GF has been bugging me to watch it forever. We plan to soon. Problem is it's so hyped I'm trying to go in with modest expectations as highly hyped movies usually disappoint for me.

I"ll add Bugsy, although I just saw it for the 2d time but 1st was still well after it came out. Very good flick.

Only if you have a spare 6-7 hours.

It is worth watching Clark Gable as Rhett Butler if not for anything else . .

Full Metal Jacket

Good Will Hunting

Others that come to mind:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The Sting

Blazing Saddles

The Usual Suspects

I think we were cuddled up on the couch together watching Good Will Hunting. :wacko:

Another one I just thought of, Cool Hand Luke.

The Count of Monte Cristo, saw the more recent version first and then had to watch the older version. Both were very good.

Excellent call!!

I've only seen the newer version, but ever time I'm flipping through and see it on, I tend to find myself watching it. Much like Shawshank Redemption.

IIRC, It's considered a monumental bust because when it was released it was the most expensive movie ever made, and was just okay...which was reflected in it's box office performance.

Ha, I thought you were talking about Heaven's Gate, which is a different animal - HG is bloated, and you can see they spent money they didn't need to on dumb stuff, but there's hints of a GREAT movie in it.

I just saw American Beauty for the first time last night, and I really enjoyed it. I don't know why I've avoided it for so long.

When Spacey's character quit that ad agency and his resignation to the boss included this: "my job consists of basically masking my contempt for the a--holes in charge." I can really relate to that. :wacko: